RESTORING THE BALANCE OOC
A warm breeze whistles through the air and brushes your sleeping face. The crashing of waves is heard in the distance. Warm rays of sunlight sink into your body, giving you the most pleasant sensation. Despite all of these benevolent conditions, your eyes are closed and your vision is filled with darkness. You find yourself standing among the dark, looking blankly into the abyss. You feel strange- all you can remember is your name. Everything else is a blank: Where am I from? Where am I now? How did I get here? The answers do not come to you.
Suddenly, you sense another presence in the darkness. The presence is unseen, but you can feel the life force of one other than your own.
"Rest..." whispers a deep, though relaxing voice, which rings into your mind. "Rest, and be still. Sleep..."
You feel your existence beginning to fade; even more memories leaking through your grasp. You begin to panic, and try to fight off the feeling as best as you can.
"Why do you resist?" inquires the voice with a slight tone of amusement. "You are safe. Here, you cannot be hurt."
The feeling worsens, and you struggle more. "I don't want
to be here!" you scream, confusion getting the better of you. "I want to leave!"
There is a moment of silence, as if the presence was pondering something. Suddenly, your feeling of fading stops, and you take a sigh of relief.
"You really wish to leave this place? This realm of rest and safety?" asks the voice, still sounding the slightest bit entertained.
"Yes!" you shout. A laugh rumbles throughout the darkness.
"Very well!" exclaims the voice. "Let your adventure begin on Aeson. You are a fool for choosing such an unfortunate fate!"
Welcome & Table of Contents
Welcome, everyone, to Aeson: the tropical island paradise, home to friendly natives, and a not-so-friendly jungle. However, the adventure only begins here, as you will visit many worlds in your journey; Aeson is only step one! So what are you waiting for? Take a step into the unknown!
Table of Contents
We all hate them, but we need them!
- Have fun!
- I control all NPC's (except for monsters, which is explained later)
- You play as a present-day HUMAN with no memories of home.
- No one-liners. Please.
- Don't kill one another only kill monsters!
- There is a SET number of characters when the roleplay starts (FIVE), so don't be too hasty to die, or you're out for good.
- However, don't be afraid of dying. Though, I'd like only two of the five to die.
- Remember, characters can't know what they haven't heard.
- IMPORTANT!: Include a writing sample with your character sheet. It does not need to apply to the RP, I just want to see your writing style.
- I reserve the right to add, remove, or alter any of these rules at any time for any reason.
Let me take the time to explain what this roleplay is all about. It was inspired (not completely taken from) a video game called Kingdom Hearts. Now, you (among the other people who join) wake up on the beach of Aeson, knowing only your name and the name of the world you are on (from the voice). The rest of how to begin will be explained in my intro post in the IC, so don't worry too hard about how to begin. Now, you will learn through the island natives of the legend of the Lock of Aeson, and that it grants power to whoever can unlock it will obtain godly powers. It is hidden somewhere on the island... Now, if and when you find the Lock, you can unlock it with your weapon via a beam of light that emits from your weapon. The moment the lock is opened, you, and the other four, are swiftly teleported to the next world in a flashy display of lights. (Characters don't need to be present at the Opening of the Lock to be teleported away.)
Every roleplay has enemies. I make the enemies appear, but you control them once they're in. The monsters appear spontaneously through bursts of darkness. Every world houses its own unique customization appearance of the same class monsters, though every world materialize the same "Darkness" which is a small, shady, hazy puff of smoke-looking gas that has two yellow-glowing dots for eyes. They try to suffocate you.
These monsters are physical manifestations of all negative emotions: hate, anger, rage, despair, hopelessness, sadness, sadness, irritability, you name it. And in fact, this is what the monsters are named after. Although they may look different on each world, each has a unique personality/attack pattern.
- Hate - A common and weak monster, it is usually smaller and easy to defeat. It focuses on attacking ruthlessly rahter than defense.
- Anger - A medium-sized monster that is rather clever, and defends itself and attacks when it sees fit. A little bit harder to defeat.
- Rage - An upgraded and formidable version of an Anger, with the same attack pattern. Can be difficult to defeat.
- Despair - A common and weak monster that comes in all sizes and hides before it attacks. If it catches you completely of guard, it can do some damage. After attacking, it tries to hide again. Easy to defeat if timed correctly.
- Hopelessness - A large monster that is hard to defeat. It doesn't attack often, but when it does, it is dangerous.
- Sadness - A large monster that is easy-medium to defeat; it doesn't attack until it is about to die.
- Irritability - A monster that rarely makes the first move. When attacked, it will become enraged and attack ruthlessly.
I may make a one-time "boss" monster, per world, depending on how things are going. A description and name will be given in the IC in the post. I may also add more common monsters to the list. Additionally, when a monster is destroyed/killed, it essentially explodes without leaving a trace, except for a small, bright, ball of light that rises a few feet and disappears (nothing too flashy).
Full Name: (first, last, and possibly middle)
Age: (15 to 18, please)
Appearance: (I accept photos, just include anything that isn't portrayed in the picture)
Weapon: (Doesn't need too much imagination. DO NOT use a weapon that's been taken already.)
Weapon Description: (Physical appearance. Also, your weapon grants you ONE power. I must approve it.)
Character List & NPC's
Characters yet to be approved
This is my first RP (on this site) so bear with me, plus I wrote this all very late at night. I will edit and/or add things as necessary.
EDIT: I am working on my CS now.
Also, PM me any concerns you don't feel comfortable posting!