Name: Andras Baines
- Like many of his race Andras is well built and stocky in the chest and legs. He stands at around 5'10 tall and has deep auburn hair, which is starting to grey slightly at the ages. His eyes are an intense brown, in dark light it can seem that his eyes are almost completely black. His scar above his left eye is only one of many battle scars that he has received while in the Blades. Andras walks with a slight limp, this becomes more pronounced the more that he walks. The wound that caused his slight limp was given to him by one of his lovers. When certain revelations were made too her, she plunged a knife into his thigh. Normally this wound could have been easily healed but Andras was forced to flee and only had time to tend to his wound after a number of days. By this time the wound had become infected and Andras was forced to remove the damaged tissue with the blade of his knife. Thankfully it has not hampered his abilities to fight but it is a constant reminder to him of what can happen on a mission if you let your heart come before the objective.
- Andras is trained in the use of both but tends to favor his magic over his blade.
- Andras's apparel changes depending on what his mission is. When going into battle he wears a jerkin of boiled leather, over which he puts a light chain mail. When on a mission he wears the clothes of a conjurer or a merchant. The only constant item of clothing that Andras wears is his Amulet of Mana, this helps to raise his overall level of Mana and the rate at which it recharges. The amulet was a gift from his former tutor and one of his only links to the life that he left behind in High Rock.
- Andras uses a long knife and a short sword when he has to get his hands dirty. The knife is something of an heirloom having been made by his late grandfather but the sword is the standard blade that he was given when he joined the Breton army. Andras is trained in the use of the long curved sword that the blades use but he prefers not too take such a noticable weapon on missions with him.
- Andras also keeps on his person his staff imbued with the spell 'Mage Light'. People have often asked him why he uses a staff with such a mundane spell. Andras merely replies that it is difficult to blow up a person with a fireball if you can't actually see where they are standing.
- Conjure Familiar
- Lightning Bolt
- Lightning Rune
- Healing Hands
- Andras is a very serious warrior. He likes to see discipline in his men and order in everything that he does. A life in the High Rock army and then a long service in the Blades has taught him to think on his feet and to analyze everyone situation that he is put in. To people that do not know him very well he comes off as aloof and condescending, when people get to know him they started the funnier side of his cutting remarks. However he also understands the importance of having time to relax and unwind, he has seen to many good agents go to pieces because they have always been worried or stressed. In contradiction to his normal attitude, when he has been drinking he becomes a completely different person. After he has had one to many flagons of mead he becomes a vocal and funny person, fond of jokes and of the ladies.
- Born into a family of Army officers and legendary warriors there was only one way that Andras's life was going to go. Being a Breton he was gifted with a natural talent for magic and an incredibly high resistance to its affects. Trained and tutored in the blade and the bolt from a young age, he showed more talent for magic than the sword but this was not a hindrance in his quest to join the High Rock army. However, Andras hadn't merely set his sights on becoming an officer in the Army, he wanted to be an officer in the Adamantine Guard. It was the job of the Adamantine Guard to protect the Adamantine Tower, the oldest building in High Rock and possibly the whole of Tamriel.
Andras was in the Adamantine Guard for nearly eight years before he was approached by a member of the Blades. The secretive organization always looked for dedicated young soldiers and adventures to fill their ranks. Andras adapted quickly to his new life of spies and secrecy. His classic up bringing and high born family meant that he was able to use his connection to get him into place that a low-born spy could have only dreamed of.