Team Snagem is back and this time, they’ve taken over the Unova region. It’s been years since their last attempted of world domination and nearly everyone has forgotten about it, after all, who would remember the little sleepy region of Orre anyhow? For those who don’t know what had happened so many years ago, let me fill you in.
At some point in time a group who referred to themselves as Cipher joined forces with another team who went by Team Snagem. Their goal? To take over the world via Shadow Pokemon. Cipher had created a certain type of machine that is capable of catching trainers Pokemon as if they were wild Pokemon and this is where Team Snagem came in. Their job was to catch as many Pokemon as they could and give them to Cipher who in return, corrupted their hearts and turned those Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon.
Shadow Pokemon look normal on the outside, but they’re completely different on the inside. That once loving, devoted Pokemon is now gone, their souls torn from their bodies and all that’s left is an emotionless, fighting machine. They don’t think twice about attacking, nor do they care if you were once their owner. They’ll attack other Pokemon as well as trainers. The way to reverse these effects are currently unknown.
It took sometime, but one man was able to defeat this team and his name is Wes. With the help of a friend who could spot Shadow Pokemon they were able to work together and bring these guys down, or so they thought. It took a very long time, but Cipher managed to build yet another Snag Machine, this time even stronger than the first. Once again, they joined forces with Team Snagem and now it is time for them to come out of the shadows and try again. This is where you come in.
Together we must take back what is so rightfully ours or fall apart in the process. Do you have what it takes?
As you can see, this plot is based heavily on the Pokemon XD games. If you haven’t played these games, there’s no need to worry, I basically explained all that needs to be known right now. If you’re still confused, don’t be afraid to ask questions, I’ll happily answer them.
Basically what is going to go on is Team Snagem has the Snag Machine which is used to catch trainers Pokemon. From there, they take them to Cipher to turn them into Shadow Pokemon which are stronger than normal Pokemon and much more vicious which they plan to use to slowly take over the world.
Shadow Pokemon look like normal Pokemon to most people, though a few have the ability to see auras. Normal Pokemon don’t admit auras nor do humans, but Shadow Pokemon do. Think of a dark, smokey substance hovering over them or something.
Now there is a way to purify these Pokemon, but it takes some work and at first, it is unknown by everyone. There is no other way to purify them. No super strong bond, nothing. This is the only way. By using the same machine as Team Snagem, trainers can “recapture” their Pokemon and hopefully, purify them or open their hearts. Walking with them, battling with them, or using special scents can slowly, but surely get them back to their natural state. It does take time, but it will work. Once they’re nearly their, there is one last thing that needs to be done; the purification ritual which is a ritual done as a special stone; the relic stone. After this ritual, the Pokemon will be the same as it was before the shadow process.
What we will be doing in this RP:
Team Snagem doesn’t want just any ordinary Pokemon, they want the cream of the crop, the best of the best. Our characters come from all sorts of different classes and lifestyles. Some are trainers with their goal of one day becoming the new champion, some are breeders, some are coordinators, some like to do simple stand still contests with their best looking Pokemon, the list goes on and on, but no matter what, they’re special in some sort of way which is why their Pokemon are targeted. (No, they don’t take them all, just one or two.)
Signs are posted everywhere about Team Snagem, warning people to stay indoors and keep their Pokemon in their Pokeballs at all times, and especially no unnecessary battling. One sign however, is different from the rest. It’s a sign stating for all those who’ve had their Pokemon stolen to met up and figure out a way to get their Pokemon back. One person had managed to steal one of the Snag Machines where another person made copies of them, but due to lack of materials they could only make so many.
At some point in the RP our characters will be split into teams of three. One who can see auras, one who uses the machine and the other for backup help. Together they help each other in gaining their Pokemon back and ending Team Snagem once and for all.
- Proper grammar and spelling is a must. This means, put commas where they’re suppose to be, capitalize what needs to be capitalized and so on and so forth.
- I want to see at least a paragraph per post and I mean a decent sized paragraph, not just three sentences or something.
- Only characters between the ages of 18-25.
- You can play up to two characters each, but each must be different. Like one good person and one person who is part of Team Snagem. This also goes for gender as well.
- I’ll be honest, I didn’t take the time to check and see if my moveset matched my level. I’m not really picky about this, but please make sure that your Pokemon can actually know that certain move.
- Highest level you can have right now is 70, but please have some sort of space between your levels. Don’t have them all super high.
- You cannot own a legendary.
- No powerplaying at all. Sure, our characters are gifted and all, but if you use surf on a Charizard, it’s going to be super effect no matter what.
- If you’re apart of a certain group, you can’t level to join another. However, to spice things up, your character could go for the dark side if they really want to.
- There will be a certain amount of people who can see auras and no more. (Unless of course we need more to form more teams.)
- For character bios, pictures are wonderful, but please include a description of them as well. A nice sized one two. It doesn’t need to be over the top, but at least four sentences is nice.
- Have fun!