I have had this idea for a long time and it hit me today while I was on the forum that this might be an RP better suited for multiple players in an open environment. So I put it to you Guildies. Would anyone be interested in a story like this?
The day the world was supposed to be ending is actually the day the world of technology ends and the era of magic begins. It begins like most other days, a chill in the air and the possibility of white Christmas as people rush around for their last minute shopping and others travel toward family members for the holidays. Everything is normal, and then all at once it isn't. Around the globe, every electronic device shuts down in a single minute. The loss of electricity is daunting enough, but suddenly, monsters are springing up just about everywhere as seemingly normal people are twisted into mythological beasts.
This story is about survival and creating a new life in this apocalyptic story that mixes fantasy, mythology and the end of the world as we know it all into a single plot. This plot is great because it is exceedingly adaptable. Your character could be among those who are slowly changing into mindless beasts of fairy tales or they could be among the few humans who remain human. They could be traveling toward a destination or fleeing helplessly from a big city where all the creatures are running amok. They can even try to learn what happened to cause this catastrophe.
Another bonus is that the characters could start just about anywhere. The downside to that is that the roleplay would take place in small groups on the same thread. For example, if my character was in New York City at the time it happened and yours is, we can join up, but obviously we won't be roleplaying with someone who is in California at the time of the calamity.
Edit: It was brought to my attention that starting in the same location might be better for people, but I really do believe that I should leave that up to each of you to choose. Please be aware that long distance traveling will be impossible; cars don't work, neither do airplanes so for most creatures, walking will be the only way to get anywhere. I think I would be willing to set up a singular location that is the main stage for most of us, but if you decide you would like to do little groups outside of that main population, you are welcome to. (Main group location has not yet been decided.)
1. Abide by RoleplayerGuild rules, first and foremost.
2. My main guideline? HAVE FUN! That's the point of roleplaying, isn't it?
- Do not intentionally set out to destroy the fun of others.3. Do not god-mod another player.
- We have all had this happen to us. Be fair and don't do it to another person.
- This extends to irreversible damages made to another player's character(s) without their permission, beast or not! Take a moment to clear it with the other player!
1. Casual Limits for Posts
- My personal opinion about post length is that you should post as much as you need to get your point across: nothing more, nothing less. For the sake of this RP, I request that you please try to remain within Casual limits when you post, that means approximately two paragraphs or more.2. Realism is a must.
- Be realistic with your characters and what they can and cannot do.3. To be a person turning into a beast, you must be approved!
- I hate to do this. I would wholeheartedly prefer to let you, the player, make such choices on your own, but I foresee calamity if we go the free-for-all route.
- Before making a post about your monster character, you must send me a character sheet detailing the character you wish to play! After it has been approved, you may then post your character sheet on the OOC Thread.
- If half the players want to become werewolves, I will have to say no to some of you.
- Having weaknesses or a good plan for what sorts of things you intend to do with that character down the road give you better chances, particularly when there are a multitude of people competing for the same type of creature.
About the people turning into monsters:
- These changes do not happen to everyone!
- A lot of people (mainly NPCs unless you choose to have your character die) will die due to their body not surviving the changes.
- Some beasts will remain conscious and in control, despite being in the body of a monster, others can completely lose themselves too it. Be realistic with this please! Don't make FLUFF characters for the sake of FLUFF characters! Having a character who is a monster but is capable of reason will make for good roleplay, but not if every single person makes a similar character.
- I would like to keep the reason for the Changes to myself to avoid "spoilers" for possible roleplay topics for down the road.
If you want to play a person turning into a beast:
- Beasts can be pretty much anything mythological you can think up: werewolves, dragons, fairies, zombies, vampires, etc. (No robots.)
- Changes do not have to happen immediately. In some cases it will take days, for others it may take years to change completely. I will leave the timing of their change and the progression up to you, the player.
- If you are playing a person turning into a creature, please keep in mind that each needs to have weaknesses and none of them are perfect.
- Realize in advance that your character is not likely to be cuddled and loved on. Your character will likely be the target for attacks in roleplay situations with humans who remain human. There is going to be a considerable amount of distrust from people.
(I will amend these as people take an interest and bring up questions! Please post or PM me if you're interested. If I garnish enough interest, I'll set up an OOC thread and later I will open the main thread. By the way, I'm new to this so I hope I'm doing this right!)