Name: Avis Valderie
Age : Exact age unknown (Appears to be in late 30's)
Weight: 13 lbs
Personality: Avis is polite, soft-spoken, heavily articulate and intellectual. He oft addresses those familiar with him by their given names. Avis rarely shows any sign of alarm or distress and often has entire situations planned out well in advance. Due to his history, he is also extremely disciplined. Thus, is capable of taking and executing orders without hesitation or second thought on the matter. However, he will not hesitate to question an order or coarse of action should he believe it to be flawed. While he initially appears to be a very kind, well-respected man, Avis is known to be ruthlessly protective. Thus is easily angered when someone he admittedly cares for is at risk.
Despite the fact that Avis rarely shows it, he can at times be an extremely outgoing and fun loving individual. When exemplifying this, Valderie possesses an actively creative sense of humor and is known to be a flirtatious around women. This however, ties into the fact that he is a self proclaimed gentleman. Thus, goes out of his way to ensure he always behaves in a respectable manor when dealing with, or around females.
It should also be noted that although generally discreet about it, Avis possesses a strong degree of hate towards aliens. Although it is unknown exactly why he developed such a hate for them, said hate is so vivid that he will often attack a hostile alien immediately and without hesitation. Still, this is not his greatest flaw. When truly angered, Avis seems to lose most of his semblance of self. As a result, he oft becomes a living embodiment of violence. Therefore, when in this state, Avis will often attack anyone, or thing, that gets between him and the object of his rage.
History: Avis was born the sole heir to the Valderie family during the early years of of the empires current age and grew up in the Valderie mansion on the metropolis planet 'Terra Prime'. In his youth he would spend countless hours studying in preparation for the day he would become the head of the Traxus corporation, the Empire's leading researchers of technology. Thus, he was home schooled and never attended a public academy. Despite Avis' current mannerisms, he was, in his youth, an aggressive and disrespectful individual. Which went hand in hand with his almost obsessive infatuation with weapons and infinity for picking fights.
By the time Avis had come of legal age, he had already gotten his first taste of real combat when a group of mercenaries, hired by Traxus' competitors The Rubiricon Company, attempted to assassinate his family. Although he was able to use his technological know how to fend off and even kill a few of the attackers, it was his father, Sirus, who sacrificed himself in order to ultimately drive them back. However, rather than assume his position as the head of Traxus, Avis, motivated by guilt, decided to join the Empire's military in attempt to learn hiw to protect those he cared for. Leaving the company in the hands of his mother, Roma. Though young, Avis, with some aid, quickly rose up the ranks, and was eventually assigned to a black ops-esque team known only as "The Paladins".
After completing three years of service, Avis fell in love with a woman by the name of Emilia Rhodé, who at the time was a new recruit from the slum districts. Five years later, when she had graduated from the military academy, Avis, who had proposed to her, was challenged by her former lover and Empirical Admiral at the time, Fleance Morkov, to an illegal duel to the death. However, as Avis was about to deliver the finishing blow, Emilia stepped between the two. Thus, his blade struck her instead, ending her life. In a blind rage, Avis continued to slaughter the Admiral and his three subordinates, who were all high ranking members of the military community. It was this that led him to be wanted by the Empire. Inevitably, this also caused him to relocate to the slum districts where the Aruspex's control over Terra Prime was weakest. While there Avis found himself having to rely on the underground circuit to survive. Thus eventually found himself nested with a gang of criminals who would eventually grow to become the United Rebel Resistance.
Interestingly, it wasn't until Avis had spent five years with the group that he truly earned their respect, after repetitively helping them capture a series of revolutionary technological devices and repel the Aruspex's attempts to snuff them out. However, it was during one of the resistance's first major missions against the Empire that Avis acquired the means to posses his abilities, at a cost.
While travelling to the desert planet 'Alter XII', Avis' vessel collided with an asteroid and was destroyed. Having barely escaped, Avis was left a drift upon his shuttle, which was then seized by an empirical mining craft. Having been recognized as a wanted man, Valderie was immediately taken captive by the crew. While the rebels were able to locate him by tracking his shuttle, the rescue attempt resulted in the destruction of the mining craft. It was during this chaos that Avis came to become the host of an parasitic alien creature native to Alter XII. The 'Sonuscimex'. However, complications arose when it was discovered that the parasite had been exposed to a chemical engineered to accelerate the growth of live stock after they were removed from their natural environment. Which unpredictably drastic mutation.
It was this mutated symbiote that was responsible via accelerated biological evolution, for the eventual development of Avis' abilities. However, it wasn't until he had returned to Terra Prime that he became aware of the repercussions of his apparent gift. Due to the creature's original ability to devour it's host, Avis' body steadily began to break down. Thus, in an attempt to save his life, the once current leader of the resistance, Brath Moore, placed Avis within cryo-stasis. Where he remained for appox. thirty years until the resistance could manifest an acceptable cure for the affliction.
Since being taken out of cryo-stasis roughly a year ago, Avis, who had now become a sort of legend among the rebels, underwent a series of medical augmentations as a means of curing his body of the affliction. What they did not expect however, was that the parasite would not only adapt to the solar powered augmentations, but also improve them. Which resulted in Avis obtaining the ability to harden his skin at will and become incapable of ageing. With his new abilities, Avis continued to aid the rebels in their crusade to overthrow the Aruspex and free the Empire of generations of supposed corruption. Serving as both a soldier and symbol of hope for the resistance.
Yet it wasn't until the Aruspex had captured and personally killed Zion Luzarus, the Resistance's second in command, that Avis began to pervert his motives from justice to vengeance. It is because of this that Avis sometimes finds himself conflicted, torn between his lust to avenge his close friend and liberate the empire from the Aruspex's grip.
Master melee combatant
Super human strength (Max. 70,000 tons)
Super human dexterity (Able to shrug off heavy missiles)
Regeneration factor (Limited to rapid healing, prevention of ageing and immunity to decease.)
Enhanced cognitive and sensory functions (Able to track the movement of objects moving at the, or slower than, the speed of sound. Hearing, roughly twice as potent as that of a normal humans)
Weaponry: Avis carries an augmented katana sword which uses solar power to grant it the ability to heat it's blade to the point where it glows red hot. Allowing the blade to wield an increased cutting ability and inflict burn damage which each strike. The blade can become hot enough to melt most metals into a softened state with momentary contact.
He also carries military issue fifty caliber pistol machine pistol. While there is nothing particularly unique about this weapon, it should be noted that each of the rounds it fires contains a non-toxic gas. This gas is super heated via a laser mechanism within the chamber as the gun fires said round. As it ionizes and changes form to plasma, it begins to melt the metal slug which acts as a sort of guide for the plasma and dragging it behind it as it moves on it's way.
- Siren Song: - Avis begins to emit an continuous pulse of sound at a frequency that softens metal. Allowing him to deal a vastly more significant amount of impact damage against metallic weapons and objects.
- Echo Location: - Avis has the ability to continuously track all objects within a 800 meter radius. Effectively allowing him the ability to keep track of and combat up to three opponents at once. Ineffective against objects moving faster than the speed of sound.
- Empowerment: - Avis capable of performing feats with a vastly more devastating degree of power. He also possesses increased physical strength.
- Sonic Beam: - Avis aims the tip of his sword at his target and slashes at the area before him. As he does this, sonic energy is channeled along the blade, which vibrates briefly. This lets each slash launch a crescent of sonic waves towards the desired target. Upon impact, the crescent will instantly expand at a rate so rapid that would cause it to appear to be a simple explosion. Said explosion has a radius of 3 meters.
- Sound Shield: - Avis holds his sword so it's blade is horizontal before him. Then by compressing the available sonic energy around him, creates a barrier of sound waves capable of harmlessly curving energy based attacks around his body. Can only be used three times per battle.
- Infinite Vibrations: - Avis begins to whisper incoherently at a frequency that disrupts the stability of physical matter. While he does this, his blade begins to vibrate, generating a continuous wave of sound at a similar frequency. This causes both it and his body to vibrate at an increasingly rapid pace. As this happens, their molecules spread further apart and they both shift from a solid form to that of a gas. Taking on a ghost-like appearance. In such state, Avis can pass through solid objects. However, he is also unable to attack or interact with anything. Can only be used once per battle.
- Natural Armor: - As a result of his bond worth the parasite, Avis' skin can become so hard that he can parry concussive forces with his bare hands. While in this state he is almost completely impervious to physical attacks, meaning only powerful energy based attacks are effective. Additionally, Avis gains the ability to move as the speed of sound. Something he calls "Warping". This allows him to easily out pace and confuse traditional opponents.
- Screech: - After collecting a large amount of sonic energy, Avis releases a screech towards the target. This screech has enough destructive force to destroy an entire building with one blast. A direct hit from this attack would disrupt the target's structural integrity, making it increasingly unstable. However, due to the rapid pace at which this is done, the target would seem to have simply exploded. It is only effective against solid objects, thus does not effect energy-based constructs. The attack has a radius and range of ten meters.
Additional Info: Avis' ability to manipulate sound is a evolved form of the Sonuscimex's natural ability to produce sound at various frequencies in order to communicate with one another, and paralyze their prey. As is the Natural armor ability, which is an evolved form of the Sonuscimex's ability to harden it's shell when endangered. His super human strength however, is a result of the post treatment mutations, as is his regenerative abilities. I should also be noted that Avis wears a communicator in the form of a black ring at all times. Said ring is also a compact explosive device relative in strength to C4. The likes of which can be either remotely triggered via a switch on his sword's hilt, or set to a timer by rotating the rings upon the ring in a specif way.
- - - Updated - - -
The "leaders" of the resistance.
Name: Sileena Moore
Alias(es): Malum, The Captain
Age : 32
Weight: 125 lbs
Personality: Level-headed, Sarcastic, Confident, Determinate, Loving, Calculative, Regretful, grim.
History: Born the second child of Brath and Karen moore. Was raised by her father, older brother and the resistance. Began combative and tactical training as early as age eight. Witnessed the public execution of her older brother at fifteen, lost her father at twenty nine when Brath was captured and sent to the prison planet Infis. Has possessed control of the resistance since her father's capture.
Additional Info: Sileena relies not only on her proficiency with pistols and her combative prowess during combat, but her ability to avoid battle and mastery of stealth as well.
Age : Approx. 220
Weight: 425 lbs
Personality: Honorable, Violent, Quick tempered, Superbly intellectual, honest, Condescending.
History: Unlike many of the aliens currently residing within the Empire, Kr'uh was one of the first Krolian's to come into contact with the human race. A warrior race by nature, the Krolians did not simply bow to empirical rule, but where beat into submission after a tedious and rather destructive war. While most of the Krolians conformed and bent to the Aruspex's will, Kr'uh, like a hand full of his kind, still chooses to continue to resist. However, he is shunned by the rest of the Krolian resistor because he chose to join the U.R.R. and combat the Aruspex on a joint front rather than with Krolians alone. Thus, he aids the resistance in hopes of one day slaying the Aruspex thus returning honor to his people. He is the chief engineer for the resistance.
Additional Info: Kr'uh enters battle unarmed and relies on his high degree of dexterity and strength to overcome enemies.
Name: Soren Dellato
Age : 29
Weight: 164 lbs
Personality: Lively, comedic, optimistic, loyal.
History: Born to a teenage Kit Dellato, the product of a rape performed by her brother John, who was sent to Infis. Soren was out up for adoption thus raised by another family. Became a surgeon and eventually, for unknown reasons, joined the resistance.
Additional Info: Non-combative save for some amateur level melee skill. Serves as the rebel's medic.