Seekers of Balance
The Conquerers Heart
PurpleShew as Bruynaeel Khajiit Archer/Rogue/Samurai male Ancient
1. Have fun.
2. No godding, no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people.
3. No profanity. No exceptions.
4. All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for Out Of Character which is occ: And should be posted in this stories OCC thread.
5. if somebody leaves due to circumstances similar to the example in rule#4 you cannot say that, the player who just left gives away all their gold. You can only make decisions like whether to go to the cave or the orc camp or stuff like that.
6. This RP will be monitored by PurpleShew as story leader will resolve all RP related arguments, like who got what loot from bandits or stuff like that. But the Moderators of this forum will have the final say in everything, meaning just because you are in an RP you may not break the rules of the forum.
7. Only one "playable" character. you can script your own Npc's they are to be simple and only to be there to help the story. Major NPC's will be scripted by PurpleShew as leader of the thread.
8. "Duels" are not allowed in this thread unless scripted by all members involved.
9. Members must check and post once every 2 days, a seven day absence puts your character as inactive. You will be parked and considered out till we can work a way to catch your character back up to the group.
10. This time line will act as if the Helgen Attack and the Dragonborn questlines don't exist yet. All posts will be in TES universe Lore/skills/races.
The story premise is like Warehouse 13, from the Sy-Fy channel. a small group of people charged with retrieving items of power, and storing them away safely. Only here in Skyrim, with all Lore of TES being observed if possible. Maybe some stretching to accomodate story elements. What I am looking for is a character driven story, mixing elements of all walks of life in. The credit to the original idea and premise for this story is Gemini Sierra.. all others wishing to join in should be prepared to discuss their character ideas and give some example of writing. I will be limiting it to around 4 to 5 people. To be able to have rapid turn over of story. Please be prepared to contribute at least every 2 days. Preferably daily. I use these stories to unwind, de-stress and explore writing. Not being able to write because others aren't ... Well that adds to my stress. So If you know that you will get bored, or just not have the time to keep up then please don't apply.
An explaination of what I am looking for in the other characters... think Samurai, each with their own skill specialty. With some of that being in personality. I am gonna be playing Bruynzeel as a experienced and logical Ronin warrior.
I think like in the show, this needs to be paired with a intuitive character, who's guesses are usually right, to my sherlock style deductions. with a perky, innocent or mischiefmaker one, A uptight and snarky from the corner one, and the two that pull our asses out of the @#$%. A healer and Tank. Or best if possible a mixture of more than one trait.
The "Guiding Hand" NPC's for this will be faceless notes from afar. Cause who doesn't love recieving mail.
The main focus of the story will be the character interactions with each other. Combat taking a distant 2nd. So be prepared to be interacted with. Have a good idea of what your motivations are if not a full character story type outline.
My motivation here would be to actually have a whole story start to finish happen.
With new stories to follow episodic.
Where we get to write the book.