Something Original This Way Comes:
Rules and Stuff:
- Supposedly I have some rep for doing fandoms only, well this isn't true at all. I do "original" work but it needs to have gusto as I find it much more enjoyable to work in a world with developed characters, rather than work from the ground up, to me it's messy to just go into a world blindly. So yes, I love fandoms but since no one's loudly barking up the tree lately, I'm going to try getting into something more original, back to my roots, if you will. But as a forewarning, I don't want to do too many of these because of the trepidation towards the unknown. So if we're both active and interested, we should have no issues having a nice long term story on our hands.
- I must give a heads up, these are geared toward romance, however it won't be the entire focus, but if interpersonal relationships and development and drama and stuff irks you, we won't work well together. I love studying relationships between people and why not do it with someone else? Aside from romance, action and stuff can be added but this is something more personal and steeped in development, not much manly action folks.
- I labeled this advanced because I feel to hold my attention the best, the passion needs to be there and for me passion looks like at least four to five paragraphs, not just two or three.
- I want active players. I cannot stress this enough. If you're busy, have a job, school, just tell me. We can work something out and a pattern should develop. A post once a day, or a post once every few days, just be consistent and communicative. However if you're posting everywhere but ours and it's been over a week, I consider it dead unless I hear otherwise. No, that mindset not harsh, it's being respectful to a fellow writer and if you're not someone who is polite or smart enough to try to fix whatever hang ups you're having, I don't want to deal with you. Seriously, talk to me, give me a heads up. I'm not busy at all this semester but many are, which is understandable but do not make me wait and wait for you without good reason. And if you do, the post better be damn good because inconsistent speeds with posting will make me lose interest fast.
- I will do mature sexual scenes via PM but they happen rarely in my roleplays. I don't roleplay for sex, at least not on this site...Ahem. I do want mature characters though, ones who think, ones who don't act like they're 13 years old. I also like to stick with Male x Female relationships, it's rare that I do same sex, the plot would have to be very very polished. But for now, I would be better inclined toward a Male x Female relationship. Please note that I do double as male and female and these plots can be copied so we have an equal double, if you'd like, otherwise I'd lean toward playing a female but don't mind playing male if the plot is good.
- I would prefer our characters to be at least 18, if not 21. I just can't play a raunchy 16 year old anymore. It's creepy. So most of these plots are aimed at young adults in their early 20s, hence why I want mature characters and players behind them. In closing here, I'm not going to ask you to tell me some silly unimportant fact about yourself to prove you skimmed to the bottom, I'm just giving the advanced writers more credit, but if you do ask something that is listed here, I won't answer, you can figure it out on your own. Also, names and ages and roles can be swapped, please don't think they have to be a certain way. More ideas may be added over time.
Plots and Stuff:
Mostly Modern Stuff:
- Why is being "friendzoned" so bad? Why is being someone's friend so horrible? Isn't it selfish and arrogant to complain that you're just someone's friend and not their lover? So when two friends, Jason and Marla, begin to blur the lines of friendship but continue to insist (or deny) that they're only friends, what will happen? Surely they have other relationships? Just because they went to the same middle school high school and college and work in the same office, doesn't mean they're soul mates. They're just friends. But the line between friend and something more is thin and delicate. Feelings get hurt and people become afraid of what they really want. Can Jason and Marla figure things out or not?
- Nicky and Nathan are great friends, they're all they have. They have been for over 15 years but when Nicky is shipped off to an all girls college when she turns 21, their friendship is torn apart. What can they do but e mail and skype? Nathan makes a personal choice to chase after her, and he does so by putting on a wig and high heels and stuffing a bra with water balloons. That's what friends are for right? Upon arriving, he quickly attempts to befriend Nicky and expose himself to her, but it becomes difficult when they don't see eye to eye. And when she begins talking about a guy she likes, he hesitates. Is it him or someone else? More trouble crops up when the school announces it's becoming co-ed, now can he leave as a girl and come back as himself, or will he do something else entirely?
- Jennifer and Justin have been friends since elementary school until a fight breaks them apart. Jenifer is so upset about it that she insists she change high school and she does and after that, they never speak again. And yet Jenifer has doubts about the fight only days after it occurs, but she doesn't do anything but cry her eyes out and makes a wish on a star that she could fix everything wrong that she had done. The next morning she isn't 15 anymore, but she's 30. After finding Justin, she finds out he's with her friend/enemy from before she left high school. And she finds out she's with the man who used to pick on Justin. Can they undo the past and rekindle what could have been or are they happy being apart?
- Two geniuses from a local college, Missy and Oliver, are expelled after many failed semesters which they claim don't challenge them. They're not best of friends, possible see one another as a threat but when they're struggling on the streets, they keep crossing paths. Soon they realize that together, they could get back on their feet. They can't hold down simple jobs, find everything so unappealing. But what can they do? They find odd comfort in one another though, a comfort they can't explain. They devise a plan to get back at everyone who belittled them who hurt them and bullied them. Together the two enact their sweet revenge while getting closer. But are they being honest or are they just building more walls to hide behind? Or are they using each other for their gain or experiment?
- In The Beyond, Heart Healers see the world down below and those who struggle. They see a man, Jacob, and a woman, Gwen, who obvious care for each other but don't do anything. Two Heart Healers are sent down to help. Jacob is sent Nalha, a skilled female, and Gwen is sent Heild, a skilled male. Nalha and Heild are very close friends who feel they can help the lost lovers. Jacob and Gwen go to college and intern at the same office together and yet with the two Heart Healers by their side, things only get more complicated. Will everyone fall for the right person? And is there a right person?
- Set in our modern world, with a slight twist. Love doesn't exist. Sure, you can like someone as a friend or like an animal but no one has ever felt love, nor have explored it. People are born the usual way but also the "in-vitro" method. What happens when two people become friends and that escalates into something more? Would they want to pursue it even though they're afraid? They could be very ill, for all they know. Can two people cross over from platonic love to something real, something no one has ever felt or seen before? Meant to be a serious study of human behavior and conditioning.
Kind of Fantasy Stuff:
- Magic rules over the land, everyone has it flowing through their rainbow colored veins. Your blood depicts what you rule over. Some rule over the stars, the sun. Some rule over water, some over air, some over plants, some over fire and heat. And yet with everyone capable of defending themselves, a war has broken out. The land across from the magical realm is killing everyone with magic, it's a freak genocide. People must hide, flee, whatever they can do to survive. Some slit their wrists in desperation. Many are killed or captured and tortured. Two friends from the same humble seaside village are torn apart and years later reunite with one of them turning on the other and trying to hunt down the last remaining magical users. They come across their friend, with whom their blood is both colored. What will they do now? Will they try to right the past wrongs or have they really gone their separate ways?
- Song and dance were the way of the world, the way to get money, food, housing. Everyone danced and entertainment was indeed the land's currency. And yet there was a boy who couldn't dance, it couldn't flow through his body so a girl took it upon herself to teach him, teach him how to let go and be himself. If he didn't learn he would never survive. People married based on their dance compatibility and worked that way too. Dance was the way of life, along with singing. Talent got you far in the dusty world. And yet the boy continued to struggle and was told to go on a journey to find himself, find whatever it was that made his soul soar. What will the two find together? Is there any chemistry between them at all? Does it matter?
- In a world ravaged by bandits and demons, there is little hope to be found. One day a wanderer happens into a small town and defeats the vile things pestering the innocent people. A woman sees this action and decides to follow him, hoping to be taught spells and enchantments to better herself for those around her. The wanderer takes her back to his sanctuary and takes her on as his apprentice. He has a knack for fighting while hers turns out to be healing. Along the way they meet others who join them, some talented in magic while others talented in charm. Can they find the source of the havoc, what can defeat hate and animosity anyway?
- In the modern world, magic is not fantasy, in fact it's reality. Magic comes in the form of small marble orbs which glow. They are swallowed and allow the person to inherit the trait. For example, if the marble has a wave on it, the person can wield water with the flick of a wrist. And yet this magical discovery has caused a rift between people. Is it good or evil? Is it right? What about the church and scientists? Magic is a controversial topic and is being used in war while people also discriminate against it. Two friends of course are torn by this new discovery. Should they run away and try to figure everything out? Or should they disband and let something get in the way of themselves?
- Gods and Goddesses are looked upon with such awe and application that when you meet one face to face, you cannot help but be more than speechless. They have asked someone special to help them get in touch with the human side of life. The Gods and Goddesses up above have lost the meaning of being human and blessing people, so they have sent someone down to see for themselves. The pair travel the magical world, trying to fix issues as well as figure out what the future may hold. There are secrets however, behind the holy and human interaction. Are demons afoot? Is this journey a big trap?
- When Angels die, they become Humans. When Humans die, they become Angels. This cycle is only broken when someone commits suicide. So what happens when two Angels are separated by one's death and travel down to Earth? Can the two possibly reunite? Or can happiness be somehow found even with this new separation? This is meant for us to double and to mix and match the pairs and situations at hand. Can be modern or fantasy set.