... But I did just fall out of the sky - Ten minutes ago, actually.
It hurt like hell. T^T
I'll make a CS.
This map gives you a wide area to come up with your Character's, I really don't want to read like 7 character sheets revolving around how they lost their parents, and they just all happen to leave in Hyrule, expand your imagination.
Some differences in Hyrule are the Gerudo's have recently over the recent decade open trade with Hyrule, but only trade with the females of the other races. They trade with spice and silk merchants on the other side of the desert, similar to actual history with Egypt getting silks and spices from China and India and trading with Europe in the old times.. Gorons have become popular black smiths and are very industrialized. Zora's are frequently seen in alchemist shops, or herb and medicine shops. The Kokiri live in small villages with Deku and Skull kids With the Deku’s their knowledge of all the best woods, have gone into the lumber business and supply most if not all of the land with lumber for houses and ships.
Now for Termina, Well Clock Town's pretty much the same, except they expanded the wall, or sort of built a new one past it. So now there's a inner and outer part of Clock Town. So Inner North, outer West, Inner East, Outer South, and so on. Clock Town has become super industrialized, surpassing even the Goron’s of Hyrule. They have invented the first automobiles, radios, rifles, and other first and second Industrial Revolution gadgets. They seem to have turned more to scientific and law, and shun magic and sorcery. They have established many colonies in other regions of the world, mostly in other races domains, which they consider inferior, but they stay away from the Goron’s who they fear are formable opponents. It's currently summer at the Great Bay and has attracted many visitors and fishermen. Ikana Canyon's experiencing some Spring lovin with some new communities of people moving in here and there now that the spirits have been put to rest and no longer walk among the living. Poor Southern Swamp is experiencing some extra water from the rainy season of winter, because it's too hot to snow! Goron's are getting ready, so far it's just some light down pours here and there for the fall season, but Winter's right around the corner for them. Clock Town as far as weather goes, seems to be always dark with dark clouds from all the fumes from the factories and such. If it snows, it’s usually black snow.
The Great Sea’s water level is a bit lower. The islands are now larger, with more dungeons and caves unexplored, hidden by the water. Now I could elaborate on the other kingdoms, but I don't want to go there unless were going there, I didn't go to in-depth with the Great Sea, because I didn't plan to make too many changes there if the plot was to head that way.
With that being said, I would like to add more. With Clock being in Termina, Termina has sort of become the pivotal point for industry and seems to shun against magic. While Hyrule believes strongly in magic over industry, gadgets, anything really mechanic in general. So Hyrule is seen as the land of magic and Termina the land of machine. Or in other terms, Hyrule is right wing conservatives, and Termina left wing liberals, but despite these differences, the two allow trade between its borders and try to remain peaceful to try and avoid total war.
Over the last few centuries the land has remained in peace. The land and its people prosper everywhere. Even the driest of deserts hold lushes amounts of spoils, and even the most frozen tundra holds sweets and goods waiting to be found. Though with every time of prosperity, one of poverty must follow, for you can not know one without the other. A dark cloud covers the skies of Hyrule. It brings with it plagues and darkness. Hyrule’s land has become infertile without the shining rays of the sun. It has been two decades since the dark clouds came. Some blame Termina and its pollution of its own skies, but others can tell the clouds are different from the smoggy ones above Clock Town. Other blames the people, saying that they have been ungrateful of the Goddesses mercy upon the land. Most agree and have turned to prayer and worship of the Three Golden Deities. Sadly no matter how much one prays, their prayers are unanswered. Famine has struck Hyrule now, food prices are high and unbearable. Villages and towns form angry mobs. Thieves steal from the weak, families hoard what they can to try and stay alive. It is the perfect time for a wolf in sheep’s clothing shall come to the rescue….
He came in the night like a thief. With one swift foul swoop he covered all of Hyrule. This man was brother to some, but would become the father of many. H was Father Thallus, leader of the Order of the Templar’s. Churches were established in every town, spreading the new faith, the faith that there was only one true god, and he was simply known as God. They claim him to be above the three puny goddesses, and guided them to the land of Hyrule to help their brethren who were still blinded by the lies of the Goddesses. At any other time, the people of Hyrule would have called the Templar’s heretics and drove them out of Hyrule, but it has been so long since the Goddesses have showed any sign they still watch over the land or answered anyone’s prayer. The thoughts of the Templar’s has even penetrated those of Termina, The Templar’s have promoted their god to be one of acceptance of all people. wizard or inventor, Hyrulean, or Terminean, it does not matter. The Order of the Templar has spread across both lands like the flu, within a week all knew of the Templar’s and already thousands have joined the Order, and thousands attend the churches on every 7th day .
With their leader, Father Thallus, the Order of the Templar’s has dug its claws into the politics of both Hyrule and Termina. Neither the Royal Family of Hyrule or the Mayor of Termina can dare resist Father Thalus‘s advice without the chance of riots. But who would want to resist? With Father Thalus‘s help, Hyrule instead of declining into poverty is inclining back to its regular state. With his prayers the skies have all but cleared, the once infertile land has become fertile once more. Templar Knights protect the villages and farmers from thieves, they maintain order, and promote closer communities. Termina and Hyrule have never been on better terms, even the Gerudo welcome Father Thallus into their homes. No one can hate such a loving man, a man who spends his time working only to give his rupees away to the poor, a man who spends his spare time helping the illiterate children learn and still has the strength to fight off the creatures of the night. None dare oppose or want to oppose Father Thallus and the Order of the Templar’s and their benevolent god.
It has been several years now since the Templar’s first came to Hyrule and Termina. The temples once used to worship the Goddesses have now be torn down and replaced with temples built to worship God and his saints. Few statues remain of the Old Goddesses, mostly falling apart and covered in overgrowth. Those couple who worship the Goddesses must do so in secret out of fear of being punished by the Templar’s who have made the worship of other gods illegal. They have been labeled heretics in their own land, and to survive they have formed their own cult of the Goddesses. With each passing day though, the Templar’s catch more of the Goddess Cultist and “clean” them of their sins. Many have fled to Termina, where the Templar’s influence is not as strong and religious tolerance has been established by the Mayor. Though not as much can be said for Hyrule, who’s Royal Family can not make a decision without Father Thallus’s approval. The State of Hyrule has become a slave to the Templar’s out of their own will and soon will for eternity. Hyrule has been having some bad misfortune, famine has struck the crops this year, moblins attack trade caravans with more force, and crime is escalating. Plague has struck the youth of Hyrule killing 1/3 and the others in critical condition. Father Thallus blames the Goddess Cultists, directing the peoples anger at them. He says their use of black magic has poisoned the land and that God orders them to cleansed it in his name, and to eradicate the Cultists all together.
The Purges have begun, Templar’s have the freedom to arrest, execute, or come into anyone’s home they want without fair trial. Witches are burned before the public, most not even witches. The Templar’s threat to invade Termina in a crusade of cleansing if it does not give up its cultist and get rid of its religious tolerance policy. As well as to turn its back on its own deities and to have all of Termina convert to the Templar’s religion or face a purge. Father Thallus will have order, he will keep the land safe, he will do so and whatever else he wants as long as he is the puppeteer of Hyrule….
Hyrule has never faced such a threat as this one. It is a new form of evil never combated before, but there is a first for everything. This is no job for the Chosen One of the Goddesses to take on, this is one only the one who can see through Father Thallus’ sheep disguise. For the one who does not walk with the crowd, but against it. For the one who does not cower in the face of danger, but jumps feet first into it. You decide whether you are one of those heroes. Or if you are one of Father Thallus’ puppets.
Zelda is still the princess, her father is ruling. So that leaves her open for grabs, and Link is open for grabs too. Of course, These characters are not necesscary for this rp, and really if no one play's Link, I don't think he'll even appear as a NPC, Zelda will appear as a NPC if no one plays hers. If some one does play Link, sorry no prior saving the world knowledge, as far as I'm concerned, this is a new Zelda game, and your the nobody Link who nobody knows about . Update: Link has been taken fella's.
So yeah first adventure is in Hyrule people, but that of course doesn't mean we can't leave Hyrule it just sort of implies, that your character should have some business in Hyrule so we may all start there, in some way, doesn't matter, I just rather start the rp with all of us in a bar for no reason, than having us hundreds of miles away from each other slowly advancing 1 mile every post to one location. This is a casual - high rp, which means post something that doesn’t take me five seconds to read at the least,. Two paragraphs would be nice, that's like 7-10 lines people, get use to it. I mean come on you guys, I know its high casual, but most people can barely follow the casual rules of just a paragraph. It isn't that much to ask. Just "Believe" In yourself.
One reminder, magic has like several different types, or that's the way I see it. Fire(heat sort of follows fire), Water(Ice and steam), Earth(plants too), Shadow(darkness stuff), Spirit(spiritual stuff?) Wind(Think Airbender!) Time and Space (physics?). Also you can have two magic abilites if you want, Primary and Secondary. Obviously your secondary you will be far more weaker in than your Primary.
- Communication with the spirits with masters being able to see an individual's spirit, pointing out their weak points mentally and physically. (advanced users)
- Foresight, like a soothsayer.
- Healing wounds and curing people of abnormalities and sickness.
- Spirit bursts, so typically using the soul of the user to attack others.
- Enchantment; giving an object magical properties, so either making it stronger or even preventing its use by other people.
- Barrier creation allows the user to deflect and defend themselves against attacks. (advanced spell)
- The immediate future cannot be seen and is only spoken and seen in riddles, meaning it may not be obvious what the future holds.
- Can only be used to a certain extent where the spirit of the user is used as a filter for these, so there's only so much healing one person can do in a certain space of time.
- Exhaustion through heavy use of attack power. It doesn't deplete the soul of the person, but does deplete like any magic power would with exhaustion.
- Shadow manipulation; very basic stuff involving the shifting and attack with shadows, turning them into solids. The more shadow there is, the stronger it will be.
- Summoning creatures of darkness; little evil creatures that will attack on command. The stronger the shadow magic, the tougher and bigger the creatures are. (advanced users)
- Soul corruption and sickness can be inflicted on a person, causing them pain or riddling them with disease.
- Strength enhancement, depending on the strength of the shadow magic. It is a very aggressive and destructive form of magic.
- Shadow projectiles, meaning they can throw their own magic power to cause destruction.
- Possession of an object or a creature of lesser will, dead or alive. (advanced magic)
- Can cause corruption of the soul or body, making them difficult to heal or cure or causing physical corruption and mutation, causing the user to lose control. Such physical mutations can be cured through willingness to be cured or forced defeat (think Ganon).
- Shadow manipulation is limited to how much shadow there is and will quickly disappear in contact with light if not used quick enough.
- Possession means leaving their physical body behind, making them vulnerable to attack.
- Typical blaze creation, think of the typical pyromaniac's desires.
- Destructive enchantments, lighting objects ablaze yet not damaging them, only strengthening them with their own fire magic or protecting them from thieving hands. (advanced users)
- Purge. The removal of evil enchants and disease from a person or the user without damaging them. Fire users have a natural high immunity.
- Volcanic affinity; think walking on lava and through fire. Burns are no problem to these people.
- Force of attack strength; not the same as what a shadow user can do (which is an all round increase of strength), but imagine being hit by a bull with the user not feeling the rebound.
- Fire manipulation; the absolute control over flame. (advanced magic)
- While their skin is immune to fire, their insides and eyes are not. This can prove difficult if the user wants to swim in lava.
- Enhancements and walking on lava use up magic power slowly, meaning they can't always be present or doing it.
- Attack strength isn't always present and requires magic power. Fire users may find they use up magic fairly quickly
- Water creation out of thin air, kind of like using the moisture in the air to create a larger mass of water.
- Underwater breathing and pressure immunity, meaning they can dive forever and endlessly into the ocean without fear of drowning or crushing pressures. (advanced users)
- Cleansing infected wounds and purifying a dirty source; even the filthiest of water can be cleansed. They can also clean away evil enchantments with enough magic power.
- Water magic power; watery explosions and water bombs aren't lost to these guys, providing great offensive force of strength.
- Ice and steam creation. Water can be frozen or heated to boiling point in an instant.
- Water manipulation; absolute control over water sources (advanced magic).
- No enhancement properties.
- Uses more magic power to create attacking forces than to create water itself.
- If humidity is low or the user is dehydrated, they cannot use their powers.
- Rapid plant growth, also involving the manipulation of their growth patterns.
- Earth affinity, allowing it to be moved, shifted into shapes and manipulated mentally.
- Super durability; lets just say you won't find this user going down easily after being struck by a blade. Their skin is super durable and tough with high defences.
- Earth moulding, just like creating a fist out of loose rock or sandy creatures to obey your commands while keeping your mind free. (advanced user)
- 'Rock solid', meaning they'll never die of over exhaustion or lack of water. Immunity to disease.
- Petrification; Turning an opponent (or several of them) into stone. (advanced magic)
- Petrification can be shattered, releasing the person.
- Super durability only lasts so long as you can use magic power; if magic is fully depleted or shifted to a different source, then you lose this ability.
- Earth affinity requires mental concentration, leaving the body vulnerable.
- Flight and weightlessness; the user can float in a whirl of air.
- Great agility pushes the user across the ground at great speed, allowing them to run exceedingly fast.
- Tornado power; create a tornado in the palm of your hands, controlled by sheer force of magic and enlarged. (advanced users)
- Air manipulation; the shifting and bending of wind currants to create shields and pulse-like blasts.
- Wind scythe; create a weapon out of the air with sudden swiping movements.
- Hurricane power; create massive continuous bursts of wind in front of the user, making the air incredibly thick with moisture and electrical currants. (advanced magic)
- Being weightless means being easily whacked around by opposing forces; wind magic relies on dodge more than force.
- Tornadoes and hurricanes can be hard to control, same with where the pulses and swipes will hit.
- Limited if no support magic for other people.
Time and Space: Harmony
- Slowing of time, meaning the user can slow down time to sheer milliseconds in a certain area, allowing them to move around and away without being affected by the principles of time. The larger the force of magic, the larger the area becomes frozen in time.
- Starfall; summon and cause the very stars themselves to fall in front of you, attacking with an arcane force of magic.
- Speed up time; or rather the person becomes forced into meditation, allowing them to remain still for what could seem like an hour to a normal person but only seconds to them. The person becomes immune to attacks, providing they don't step into one when they come out of meditation. (advanced user)
- Blinding flash; create a star-like flash of light, blinding the opponent or lighting up the darkest of caves and night, effectively dispelling any shadowy components.
- Arcane manipulation; control and abuse the very forces of time and space itself, creating portals, teleporting and even attacking with burst of magical energy. To teleport, the person must see where they're going while to create a portal, the person needs to have an identical object set up while carrying the other. (advanced magic)
- Extremely difficult to master abilities, especially making full use of arcane manipulation.
- Time jumps and stops are limited to range and length, with the longest a person or object can be frozen being 10 seconds and the longest a person can speed up time for themselves being an hour. The larger the range of a time stop, the more magic it consumes.
- No support abilities for others, along with the danger of being ambushed during a time jump.
I would also like to point out you can make unlimited NPC's for youself and the number of Character's is unlimited too, but the more Character's you make the more likely I will begin to deny your new characters, unless previous ones have died for rp purposes. If you are going to make multiple character's, I suggest an ideal of three would be a good place to stop. If you want to have recurring NPC's I have made a small CS for them.
Here's the Character Sheet for non-NPC's
Name: (What is your name amigo?)
Gender: (As far as I'm concerned there's two sexes, if you want to go with other places, my hands are clean.)
Apperance: (Description or picture is fine)
Age: (Don't care, but a five year old for all I care, but remember there's pedo bear always lurking about.)
Race: (I am fine with just about any race, you could even come up with your own if you can give explicit details and such about the race. Hybreeds, are a bit sketchy and stretching it, I mean I don't want people really crossing Zora and humans, would bring back horrible memories of that movie, Species, lol. Though it can be allowed if you give some pretty crazy explicit details again)
Skills: (Means like what your good at, like a couple things, not everything in the whole world, that's reserved for onlu Chuck Norris, and Sgt. Johnson)
Magic Abilites: (Crazy Lightning powa's! Or maybe Control of water, like a waterfall! Pick one of the magic types I listed please.)
Weapons: (Usually sharp objects or things that protect your body from the sharp things that other people have)
Inventory: (Just imagine you pushed the start button and your moving around looking for the stupid item you'll use like once. This sort of goes separate from your weapons, so think bottles of potions, magic staff, or even magical masks)
Bio: (Your Character's history, because quite frankly you didn't just fall out of the sky, and even that is something of a history.)
That's it people. Hope you come to your senses and join. Also my grammar wasn't the best, but I am tired and was just trying to get through typing this, so I sort of did some stuff, forgot some stuff, didn't care about stuff. So yeah...
Name: Regol Xavier
Skills: Assassination, Chi Blocking, Alchemy.
Magic Abilities: Shadow: Manipulation
Weapons: Syringe, throwing knives, scalpel, poison darts, brass knuckles
Inventory: poison potion, sleeping potion, paralyzing potion, green potion. Twili Mask
Bio: Regol in his youth was fascinated with that of the Light Realm. Every morsel of information he could obtain he would devour. Alas he could not enter such a land of beauty, for he was not a light dweller, he was a Twili. It was forbidden for a Twili to walk among the light dwellers, and down right impossible. Regol set out to find a way though. Through many years of study in the Ancient Twili arts of alchemy, Regol fashioned a mask that resembled what the light dwellers called a plaque mask. The mask was filled with a magical potion that allowed the rays of light to not harm him and allow him to walk among the light dwellers without his body turning to shadow.
Of course sadly there was no way to enter the Light Realm from the Twili Realm after the Twilight Mirror was destroyed by Queen Midna. Though Regol refused to believe that the portal to the Light Realm was all but lost. One day during one of his searches through his library of vast knowledge an old prophet came to him and told him to seek out the Queen's chamber of the Twilight Castle, in there was the key to what he sought most. Regol decided to follow the prophet's word and snuck into the castle. He found that the Queen's mirror was yet another portal that he could use. Though before he could use it, the Queen found him intruding into her quarters and about to use the portal and tried to stop him. He killed her by accident with one of his poisons that splashed onto her face when the veil broke when the two were wrestling. With the Queen dead and himself responsible, Regol fled into the portal and into the Light Realm.
Regol found that his mask indeed worked, and also fouled people into thinking he was a real doctor. He had studied the light dwellers from afar and never in person, he couldn't allow an opportunity like this to pass him up. Regol performed many tests on various people, and cut more than his fair share of bodies. For a few years he did do his best to be a real doctor, some of his potions helping the sick, while others killing them. Regol also came to finding that he had great magical powers in the realm of the light dwellers. His Twili heritage gave him great powers of shadow. It was not long before he over used his powers and got himself into a sticky situation. The town claimed him to be a witch and to be killing them more than helping, which was indeed true. Regol tried to fight back, but a whole town he could not defeat alone. His trial was over without a single defense and he was to be hung, but before he could a man of God came to the people and convinced them he was not a witch, but part of God's greater plans for the people. That man was Thallus who Regol gave his undying loyalty to for saving his life.
Regol now serves Thallus and God from behind the scenes and in the shadows. He is second in command of the Templar's and will give his life for their goal of order, and to protect the people of the world from harm, even if it does mean sacrificing some to save the many. The more he serves the more he believes in God and that he is truly trying to help the people as a agent of God who works among the shadows.
Age: since the Beginning of Time
Skills: Demoko's knowledge of defending against the dark arts is unparallel to even the gods. He is a great magician, if not one of the best in all of time.
Magic Abilities: Demoko is the master of time in all of the lands, all time in the land flows through him. Demoko can see the past, present, and always changing future. He can also use his time abilites in battle, but given his pacifist attitude, he retains from using his magic powers from physically hurting people, and tends to use his powers to the attacker is tired out or in a more reasonable state.
Weapons: Demoko has no weapons and has never held a weapon once, except when moving the Master Sword from its last resting place to the Temple of Temple.
Inventory: Demoko has three legendary books, that hold numerous spells, stories, and recipes. Besides that, he carries a small bottle of dirt.
Bio: Demoko was the first Sage created by the goddesses, the Sage of Time. He witnessed the birth of the world and more importantly Hyrule. He watched over Hyrule as the goddesses commanded him to do so. From his blood Her Grace was created who helped watch over the land with him. For hundreds of years he watched, protected over the land, but slowly things fell out of balance. Evil slowly began to enter the world of Hyrule. The goddesses blamed Demoko for this, they believed he was a flawed creation, worthless, failed. For this they stripped him of his status and banished him, but allowed him to keep his powers, for they could not strip him of them. Since they used the most powerful magic to create him, the lengths they would have to go to would not be worth the efforts. Demoko watched as Her Grace sent the last of the surviving races into the skies and returned to fight the rest of the evil that remained. He could not watch as what he was created for was slowly destroyed. Demoko took his own soul and turned it into the Spirit of the Hero that would be the protector of Hyrule for all of time.
With his parting gift, Demoko traveled the world, even through and across time. He is a mystery to the world, and his origins are too, except to the immortals and powerful deities across the nations. His existence is nothing than a myth, scholars only suggesting there must have been a Sage of Time at one point, since there was a sage for all the other classes. Whether people believe in such a thing or not is no concern to Demoko, who rather have people not know of his existence then to know and know of his greatest blunder. He has appeared in many places since none know who he is, he can walk freely among the people. He spends his time helping those in times of need.
Demoko can mostly be seen following the Legendary Heroes who carry the Spirit of the Hero he created, but not literally of course. Demoko last revealed himself to the land of Termina, helping the Hero of Time by resetting the three day cycle every time he pleaded to the heavens for more time. After that he vanished, over the decades and centuries. He foresaw that the Hero to save the Twilight Princess required no aid from him, and traveled across time to help the Hero of the Winds use the Phantom Hourglass. Demoko returned back after the Hero defeated Bellum and returned to find that Hyrule had been saved from disaster from Ganondorf and the Twilight Princess saved. Demoko has waited for centuries now for when he would be needed again. The time has come again and he is needed now more than ever.
Name: Father Thallus
Apperance: (working on it)
Skills: Master Thallus is a master swordsman. He has spent his whole life mastering the sword. Along with his sword skills, Thallus is a good politician as well as a persuader, he can twist anything and make people believe it.
Magic Abilites: Thallus was once a master in Time and Space, but his master skills have now stretched themselves across the other classes of magic, but he rarely uses magic in front of the public as to not ruin his image.
Weapons: Sword, Dagger, Dagger, Dagger, Brass Knuckles
Inventory: Wolfo Mask of tracking, Cloak of Deception, Gauntlets of Strength, Pendant Cross of Vision, Boots of Muffling, Red Potion, Green Potion, Blue Potion
Bio: Thallus origins are as much of a mystery to all. He claims to have come across the Great Sea, through Termina and up into Hyrule. Most people believe it, not caring much. Thallus does not speak much of where he comes from, but mostly that he is a man of God and that he will lead the masses into salvation.
Mighty Deku Tree
... But I did just fall out of the sky - Ten minutes ago, actually.
It hurt like hell. T^T
I'll make a CS.
Last edited by Rainbowcake; 04-26-2012 at 03:42 AM.
When all hope seems lost, and the weight of the world comes crashing down, you fall to your knees utterly defeated. But in the darkness that is the world, a single star shines. You realize, that there is always something worth fighting for. And thus, you raise your sword and shield, stand tall among the fields of carnage. You think of your lover who waits for your return. Your enemies may be numerous but in the end, your will to live and your lover's touch will guide you to victory ever lasting.
Name: Adam Easton
Appearance: 6' 2" with short brown hair covered by a blue bandanna and blue eyes. Wears blue pants and a blue shirt with a white vest and brown boots. The vest has a large number three on the back and a bombers patch covered by a pocket over his heart.
(Basically an older bomber from Majora's Mask.)
Race: Terminian (of Hylian descent)
Skills: Stealth; sharpshooting; disguise; and wilderness survival skills.
Magic Abilities: N/A
Weapons: Carries a flintlock rifle with bayonet; several bombs; a small dagger; and a long shot.
Inventory: a munitions pouch and bomb bag; three empty bottles; a pictograph (or camera if they've been invented); and a Keaton mask.
Bio: As Clock Town expanded over time the bombers also grew up and became town guards. As Termina began it's colonial expansion Captain Viscen called upon one of Adam's distant ancestors named Jim to reassemble the bombers as a scouting force for the new Terminian colonies. Adam comes from a long line of bombers who over the centuries have evolved into the mayors personal secret police and spying force. As more of Father Thallus' followers have started to make their homes in Terminian territory the mayor of Clock Town began to fear his growing influence, and so under secret orders he has sent Adam to Hyrule to gather intelligence on Thallus and his activities while establishing contacts within any rebel groups in the region.
(If any of the above contradicts any plot either established or planned just let me know and I can make edits)
Last edited by Bored; 04-26-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Well, here's Link:
Apperance: (Ignore the little Makar, unless they actually existÖ)
Link is a little guy for his age, just over 5 foot in height and very light. As pictured, is skin is slightly tanned.
- Link is a pretty efficient all-round little warrior, his skills in swordplay are unmatched. Heís very precise with a keen eye, despite being rather clumsy too.
- He has an unnaturally high level of physical strength, despite his size and stature. While it is a gift, it is also a curse; he has very little control over it, his strength often getting him into trouble and repelling other people away from him. As such, he appears doomed to loneliness unless he can learn to control himself.
- A quick problem solver and intelligent; however, his intelligence is limited to being a quick learner and quick to understand. He doesnít have much common sense and is easily stressed.
- Growing up with a blacksmith means he can repair, sharpen and create weaponry and armour himself.
Magic Abilites: Shadow: His power in the dark arts appears unlimited, yet very limited at the same time. While he holds an incredible amount of magical power in the shadow, he doesnít know how to use it or control it. Despite his incredibly high level of shadow power, his heart is pure and his intentions are good.
Weapons: Meister: A weapon he constructed himself after a weapon reoccurring in his dreams. Itís very durable, but very heavy. He uses the weight to try and help control his strength. He named it what he thought it was.
Inventory: Due to just being a little troubled kid, he doesnít have much to start other than a few potions.
Bio: Link was born an ordinary boy, only problem was he was adopted rather than born into a normal home. His mother was nothing but a prostitute who got unlucky, promptly abandoning the boy and her burden. No matter, he was able to have a normal upraising with the man who found him crying, alone and vulnerable. He stayed with a blacksmith as he grew up, one that made it his duty to keep Link happy, even if it meant lying to him about his true origins. He didnít want to upset the boy or allow him to grow up to be a rebel; however, his own natural abilities were shown to be the true rebel.
He lived and grew up in Kakariko Village, training himself up to hopefully try and make something of himself. All due to those who teased him as he grew, all due to his unstable abilities, he was determined to find a way to get people to like him. He never had many people who would consider him to be a friend, his abilities proving to be more threatening to them than what it was worth being friends for. He grew quiet over the years, determined to control himself and prove to them that he was not a monster in the disguise of a boy.
Oh god. Oh god. I really relaly want to take part in this. Oh my gooood ankrahgakrhamgahgrangahn
I have to say though, I've never played Majora's Mask, so my knowledge of the geography and areas in Termina is very limited. Is that ok?
And, will classic LoZ items make an appearance? Like, boomerangs, hookshots, ice/fire rods, etc.
I'll have to decide on a character. I've got three ideas in mind at the moment, is there any which would be very good for the roleplay or fit in best with our group?
The first is a Deku from the Lost Woods, probably a Business Scrub (so I can have arms), but perhaps a bit stronger than the extremely feeble ones in game. No magic, but relatively nimble, able to grow/generate deku nuts and sticks, and able to burrow into the ground quite quickly (more to hide than travel). In the group, he'd probably fulfil a forager or tracker/ranger type role, as spending a large part of his life in forests and the like has taught him various things, or maybe even our groups (if we're all travelling in a group) financial manager (buy supplies, manage our money, etc.)
Also, would it be ok if I put in an idea of my own and say that, the reason most Deku's of the Lost Woods are hostile, is because they're ruled by a malevolent Deku Tree as opposed to a benevolent one (like the one who created the Kokiri) or a sophisticated royal family (like the Deku's native to Termina)? Of course, it's your rp, so if you're opposed to that idea, I won't argue.
Another idea is a Zola/River Zora (obviously Geozard, so I have legs). Again, no true magic, but the ability to spit energy/fireballs that all Zola's have. Maybe just a straight forward fighter role (basic sword and shield plus fireballs), but a handy addition to the group when it comes to deep water areas.
I kind of think that fighting knowledge would be hardwired into him: no, he's not some sort of unbeatable, mindwashed super soldier, but I imagine Zola society being pretty much completely combat oriented: all Zola's are bought up and taught combat strategies depending on their breed from a very young age. Tailed Zola's mostly stay in their home lakes and rivers and are taught how to defend territory and scare off intruders, but occasionally take part in turf wars with the rival Sea Zora species. All Geozards are taught basic, land-based combat, on level with your standard Hylian soldier or guard, and they act as scouts and infantry for the larger and stronger "Zola Warriors" and "Mighty Zola Warriors". The only Zola's who aren't fighting are King Zola and egg-laying females. Though, again, this whole thing regarding Zola society is just my idea: if you wish to deny it/not incorporate it into the rp, I can't argue.
And, finally, I might be a Moblin. Not the god awful fat red things from Skyward Sword. Probably a sort of half-way between the bulldog-y design in the original game and the more boar-like appearance cut from Twilight Princess. Yes, again, no magic, but would probably (try to) be the groups main dumb muscle, blindly charging enemies with a trusty Moblin spear and brute strength.
All three characters would probably be anti-Templar: while few of the non-human races worshipped the Golden Godesses in the first place, just sort of acknowleding their existence, I'd imagine the Templars laws against any other religions would make their life in/visits to Hyrule even harder (okay, sure, part of the reason it was hard in the first place is because they randomly attacked passers-by, but still).
Last edited by SamTheGingerNinja; 04-26-2012 at 12:28 PM.
errybody just runnin around like sheeeit
Oh, hey there Sam! Hmm lets see...
It's okay, just ask if you're unsure.
Deku was fine since we had one before, but they can't talk unless to their own kind like traditionally or to someone that can understand them.
River Zora are a bit harder because they need to be hydrated a lot every few hours to stay alive, so wandering through the desert and fields is out of the question.
Moblin sounds fun if it's not going to eat us. I think they can talk and understand Hyrulian. The moblins are created creatures who served under Ganon.
Sorry, I was editing some more stuff into my post, so I didn't see yours.
The whole "Deku's can't speak" thing makes sence, considering how reclusive Hyrulean Dekus are. Though, trying to sell random people deku sticks at stupidly high prices in broken Hylian sounds fun.
I completely forgot about the "Zora's dry out and diiieeee" thing. That might indeed make travelling a lot harder.
Again, not going to try and start an argument, but are you sure the Moblins are "created"? Yes, they serve under Ganon most of the time, but I think they've appeared multiple times before he came about in history.
They were created by Demise, all that time in the past, became normal inhabitants of the world, and then felt compelled to serve Ganon every time he popped up, as he's Demise's reincarnation.
errybody just runnin around like sheeeit
Ah, okay, I see. Hopefully the maroon blobs from Skyward Sword died out before Ganon's creation of the bulldog-pigs. Are we far enough after Ocarina of Time for the Moblins to have established themselves as a "natural" race (as in, naturally born ones), or are all existent Moblins still the ones created by Ganon? Or, do they reproduce, but through a different method?
I guess my choice is now down to Moblin and Deku, unless we want the group to stop every day or two and find a pond for the Zola. If I'm a Deku, I'll probably communicate mainly through different pitches of squeal and gestures, and Deku/speech to those who understand me. I imagine speaking Hylian is pretty difficuilt when you have a weird, wooden snout instead of a mouth.
errybody just runnin around like sheeeit
Hmm. Is the triforce still around? What about the master sword?