The World Of Phantoms
In the year 2055, there was a cataclysmic event known as the "Impact Aura" event. A meteor crashed into earth without damaging anything, but sent out a large aura that affected all human life on the planet. birth rates declined drastically, with 1 in about 10 million pregnancy actually resulting in child birth. At first this was thought to be the end of humanity, but there was a light in the darkness. Each of the children born, around the age of 5, developed psychic abilities.
The Impact Aura event was speculated to be a helping hand from superior beings assisting humans in evolving into higher beings as well, weeding out the children that had no psychic potential and bringing out the psychic potential in those who had it. Basically, it was a selective genocide of the old humans.
Scientist nicknamed the new children the "LastGen" children, an idea that said with them, humanity would die out and a new race would form, so they were the last generation of "normal" human kind. To help develop these children in safe and helpful environments, they created special schools for them to go to. Since there are no more child births the number of students in classes are amazingly low. Only 600+ children were born, and they were gathered in their respective countries to be raised together to ensure that their DNA would be passed on.
So, the rp will focus on a school that houses 4 or 5 LastGen children, and it will center around their daily interactions, and those that have plots for the children.
Let me establish the base rules for this
1. Not first come first serve. I am taking a limited amount of people to keep the rp under control well, but I don't only want to take those who can churn out a CS faster. I will accept at most four people into the rp based on how much I like their CS.
2. There will be a post rotation so things don't get to crazy.
3. Try to post once every day or so. This is only gonna be a small group so we do need everyone to post at least once a day to keep the rp active.
4. Fairness, no god mod, auto hit, etc. This is standard stuff people.
5. Remember the post length, this is probably gonna be a high casual rp so around 3 paragraphs per post.
6. GM's word is final. If I say something, do it. It's just easier this way, I hate being tyrannical, but I'd rather do that and get stuff done than waste time arguing over stupid stuff.
7. Don't be a dick, this goes hand in hand with rule 6, just be nice to other people.
I tried to do this in casual and I'm deciding to retry it since my last one went down badly.
Here are some potential plot ideas and stuff to do for the rp.
1st. In your character sheets I'm going to ask for potential arc ideas centered around your character. These arcs will mot likely be only a few pages long and used in between the larger arcs as fillers while I plan out the arcs in more detail. Every character will get an arc centered around them that can be used to flesh out your character more, establish relationships, but mainly this is for everyone to get a feel of your character. During each of these character arcs, I will let whoever is the "main" character control it, since it is your personal story arc.
2nd. Obviously not all humans want the LastGen to be the only remaining kind, so there is an opposing faction simply known as the "Agency" that will cause some trouble for the students during the rp.
3rd. Of course, Aliens. Why else would a meteor have the ability to selectively wipe out beings, right? There will be interactions with the "progenitors" as they'll be identified for now. They have their purposes for doing what they did, and also have a plan for the LastGen children.
So here is an OOC link for you guys if you're interested, so please post a CS there if you want in.
The World Of Phantoms