Please be warned that this RP may contain spoilers for Madoka, Oriko and Kazumi. You have been warned!
Imagine that you could have one wish--any wish that your heart desired--granted.
Would you be willing to pay the price?
Puella Magi Malefica Magica
Kyubey is a "Messenger of Magic" who grants the wishes of the young, but in exchange contracts their services as Puella Magi. Those who form a contract with him are tasked to defeat Witches.
Wish = Contract + Puella Magi
Those who have formed a contract with a Messenger of Magic, and in exchange gained the power of magic. Beings charged with the task of combating Witches. Each power they gain is based on their Wish, as well as possessing unique Soul Gems. Puella Magi often compete with one another for Grief Seeds, which tend to be limited, though it is not unheard of to see some cooperating with one another.
A gem birthed from a contract with Kyubey. Proof that one is a Puella Magi; the source of their magical power. Often in the form of a ring when not in Puella Magi form; when a Puella Magi transforms, it takes a unique shape somewhere on their body.
The negative impulse that is called anxiety or suspicion, or excessive wrath or hatred = beings that spread the seeds of disaster across the world. Normally, they conceal themselves behind barriers. When defeated, they drop Grief Seeds that Puella Magi can use.
Barriers are an otherworld used by Witches to conceal themselves. Should a normal human wander in by accident, it is impossible for them to escape. They are sometimes called Mazes.
Lesser monsters divided out of the essence of a Witch are called Familiars. Though normally assigned the task of maintaining and defending their parent-witch's barrier, it seems that they can eventually gain independence and stray to form their own barriers. Further growing, they take on the form of their parent. These 'lesser-witches' do not drop Grief Seeds.
A Witch's egg, which occasionally appears after a Witch is defeated. Puella Magi require these items to restore their depleted magical energies. All Grief Seeds drain grief when put close to dimmed Soul Gems. Depending on the strength of the Witch, Grief Seeds can be 'shared' between different Soul Gems or used more than once, though it is limited. However, should the Grief Seed absorb too much Grief, it has a high chance of reviving the Witch...
Won't anyone make a contract?
The town of Shusseiauke
- Sakurabe Plaza, decorated with the namesake's cherry blossom trees. Students mostly hang out around the outdoor food court, theater, and many variety of stores.
- Momo Public Library, once belonging to another town many years ago, though now it's part of Shussei. A rather quiet place with extensive knowledge of, well, everything there is to know.
- Ume Skyscraper, famed for becoming the tallest skyscraper in Japan--well, it's still in the works, as it has been for the past few years. The buzz it created hasn't quite died out, and only a few stories have been built, but it looks very promising.
- Kaede Bridge, connecting both halves of the town together. Almost everyone crosses it everyday, as the great River is in the middle of the district section and the residential section.
- Ayame River, separating both halves of the town. It's not too wide, but is very deep. Many people visit the shores frequently, though are warned not to get too close to the water.
- Sayuri Hospital, large in size and heart. The nurses and doctors are kind and dilligent, but they have their days where they have seen the worst.
Rules are subject to change
For the sake of this RP, there can be magical boys
This is AU, you can be from other cities.
Keep in mind your Puella Magi will be ranked based upon your wish and bio. The more despair means the more magic used; your state of mind affects everything.
Please note that this is also character driven, and if you have yet to see the show fully, be wary of spoilers abound!
Please post. If you get bored/don't feel like being in/have something just drop a hint, no need to tie everyone else up.
Anyone that was in the previous RP can reuse their character.
Any questions should be asked immediately. <3