I guess I forgot to mention a list of nations/places that are still alive, or able to hold out to a significant extent.
1. United Kingdom, including her American colonies.
2. Morocco, Mali, and generally all of Africa. The Sultanate of Morocco has held out against the undead very well.
3. Asia Minor. The Ottoman Empire have held onto Istanbul against the undead.
4. Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden.
5. Eastern Russia (past Novgorod), China, India...
6. South America, and generally all of Asia and Australia.
Are you guys in favour or against any magical elements (does the 'magic' like tiny bombs refer to actual magic or magic tricks)? Or intelligent undead?