K, ready for dis shit. American Sergeant time
Red Dragon RisingStill Accepting Players
- Jan – Jun of 2027: The world economy is in a terrible position. The members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization are the worst suffers of the economic collapse felt around the world as it hits Wall Street in early January. Billions of Chinese Yuan are lost, and national reserves of United States dollars are deemed worthless to many major oil companies in the Middle East. United States forces are sent into Syria as rising rebel forces attempt to overthrow the ruling regime. Chinese and Russian economies are suffering drastic losses as oil prices skyrocket to over two hundred dollars per barrel. NATO forces in the Middle East are still fighting a vicious conflict with the Taliban and Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan.
- Jul – Dec of 2028: Palestine finally is recognized as a country by the United Nations, and Israel makes an open recognition of the new Palestinian government. Hostilities in Syria rise dramatically as the Syrian regime makes pleas to the SCO, more specifically Russia, for assistance with the rebel forces. The United States government threatens Russia with war if the SCO responds to Syria. Russia denies help and remains uninvolved with the rebellion. North Korean officials threaten South Korean border security, tensions rise in Northeast Asia. Chinese forces mobilize to secure uprisings in Hong Kong as the Democratic Movement becomes openly hostile with Red Guard police forces. North Korea dissolves from the United Nations along with China as European economic stimulus plans ruin Asian economics. Nearly a one and a half billion people in Asia are spiraled rapidly into severe poverty. Action is demanded.
- 2029: United State Marine presence in South Korea increases as North Korean military forces are openly flaunted near the border. SCO economies hit an all-time low. Kim-Jong-Un states his desires to reunite the Korean peninsula with the goal of stabilizing the Korean economy. South Korean forces are caught in the open when missile strikes and artillery fire begins on the end of August 31,2029. Declaring war on the Southern government, the North Korean military invades South Korea at 0230 local time on September 1, 2029. Three hours later, the United States of America along with the rest of NATO declares war on North Korea; two hours after that, SCO responds with a declaration of war on NATO. World War three has begun.
North Atlantic Treaty Organization Belligerents
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
Shanghai Cooperation Organization Belligerents
- North Korea
North Atlantic Treaty Organization Co-Belligerents
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
Shanghai Cooperation Organization Co-Belligerents
- Republic of West Papua
- Islamic Republic of Mindanao
- Republic of South Moluccas
- Islamic Republic of Aceh
- Somalia Pirates
The gameplay mechanics in this roleplay are very realism-based. This is not your ordinary war role-play and is not for the average person seeking enjoyment in lots of action and having over-powered Gary/Mary Sues. In Dragon Rising, players can create their own military non-commissioned officer of ranks anywhere between E-5 and E-6 to assume the role of a squad or fire-team leader in the midst of the ongoing conflict. The creation of a character will not be completely free to you, however. Though you may create your military background, history, appearance, and so-on… The players will not be allowed to choose their weapons, or where they will be fighting and with whom they will be teamed. The SCO forces will use all the military power they can to bring an end to the NATO campaign while NATO must utilize their superior technologies to their advantage. Your job is to use strategy with your team and listen to your superior officers (Squad Leaders will refer to the GM as their superior officer and Fire-Team leaders will refer to the Squad Leaders for instructions) to get you to your objectives. This is a realism-based, simulator of what World War three might be, not a run-and-gun Gary-Sue-afied combat role-play!!!
Coalition Leaders 1/2
The Coalition leaders are the Supreme Generals of both NATO and SCO. One of the Squad Leaders from the SCO will also be awarded the position of a SECOND CHARACTER to play the Supreme General of the Chinese military who is leading the SCO campaigns. He will be strategizing with the other SCO players against me and the NATO players to attempt to win WWIII!
Squad Leaders 1/4
There are two positions for NATO and SCO squad leaders. The two squads for each side are of German, and United States origin for NATO and Chinese and Russian origin for the SCO. There will be six players allowed to take an E-6 rank in their respective military (Staff Sergeant [USA], Oberfeldwebel [Germany], Shangshi [China], Stárshiy Serzhánt [Russia]). These four players will be charged with leading a twelve man squad. Each squad will be split into two fire-teams of four men, a medic, a radio-telephone operator, an assistant team leader, and the team-leader. The two fire-teams within each squad will be allowed to be controlled by other role-players who will follow orders given by Squad Leaders regarding strategy to be used in-character as well as assist the Squad Leader in managing the seven NPCs. If a squad leader is killed in action, and the player wishes to continue playing they must make a new character that will assume the rank of Fire-Team Leader in the same Squad to replace the Fire-Team Leader that will be promoted to replace the Squad Leader’s position at the END of the current mission.
Fire Team Leaders 0/8
Assuming the rank of an E-5 (Sergeant [USA], Stabsunteroffizier [Germany], Zhongzhi [China] and, Serzhánt [Russia]) the fire-team leaders are in charge of their fire-team of three NPCs and themselves. Taking orders from their Squad Leader, they will play against the other Coalition’s forces and NPC Forces of the opposite side during the long and bloody campaigns of WWIII. They will be the most common players and have a chance to be promoted to Squad Leader if a Squad Leader is killed in action, which can happen, so don’t think that you will be stuck taking orders through the whole game. Each fire-team consists of the team-leader with an assault rifle, an anti-tank gunner with an assault rifle and launcher, a grenadier with an assault rifle and under-slung grenade launcher, and a support gunner with a squad-automatic-weapon.
Theatres of War
Name and Rank:
- Fundemental Guild Rules apply at all times.
- Respect should be shown in the OOC to other players, including the GM, at all times. I will not tolerate disrespect.
- Try to keep things as realistic as possible. You won’t survive everything unscathed, bullets don’t curve around you, artillery can’t be called in too close because of shrapnel, etc.
- Make sure at least two people post before you post again, that is to say, no speed posting.
- Posting MINIMUM is six hundred to eight hundred words, any post below that will be seen as inadequate; however do not strain yourself to exceed this minimum, quality is what matters.
- Please use Google Earth/Google Maps for your posts, your combat may be decided depending on the terrain! The world decides battles as much as the units!!!
- To prove you have read this interest check and fully agree to the terms and are willing to comply to the realism, please list your character's home-nation's national anthem name in your character sheet!!!
"In Krieg und der Liebe ist alles erlaubt."
The Setting Sun -- Ultramodern NRP -- COMING THIS SUMMER
Status: Expected Launch -- 28.5.13
K, ready for dis shit. American Sergeant time
FIGHT THE GODS