A Zombie Roleplay
Brief OverviewIn 2015 the United States economic situation is spiraling out of control. The United States government under President Obama issues their ninth debt ceiling announcement. The debt ceiling rises to an all-time high of twenty-trillion dollars. Chinese officials demand the debt to their country be paid immediately as the amount of money owed to China is nearing ten trillion dollars. Major oil companies now push oil prices close to two hundred dollars a barrel raising gas prices to nearly seven dollars a gallon. The United States presence in the Middle East is becoming far too expensive and Obama begins pulling troops from Afghanistan and other foreign locations such as South Korea and Japan.
This is a post-apocalyptic zombie survival roleplay. If you are not interested in a story like this, than you are in the wrong Interest Check. Thank you for viewing, have a wonderful day. – Warty
The Story So Far
In the election year of 2016, problems rise with China as the United States forces in South Korea lower to nearly fifty percent of their former strength. North Korean forces amass near the border and war is threatened as Kim-Jong-Un admits his wishes to reunite the Peninsula in an attempt to regain economic balance. Republican nominee Chris Christie wins the presidential election and quickly takes a defensive stand-point against North Korean forces, stating that if war is declared on South Korea with American forces in-country, the United States will be force to go to war with North Korea. NATO quickly backs the United States’ declaration and backs South Korea in the coming conflict that most believe will begin sometime in 2017.
In 2017, SCO forces from China and Russia make a public announcement of their full support for North Korea in the reunification of the Korean Peninsula. NATO leader quickly denounce said claims and state that if the SCO backs North Korean forces in the coming conflict, NATO will be forces to declare war on SCO member and dialogue states (China, Russia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Vietnam, Belarus, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, and North Korea). The United Nations becomes involved in peacekeeping efforts on the Korean DMZ but soon dissolves when all SCO member states of the UN resign their membership and declare open war on South Korea. SCO scientists begin developing a viral weapon in an attempt to end the conflict quickly against NATO forces; the research is done outside of Shanghai, China along the Suzhou Creek. Within seven months of war with NATO forces in Eastern Russia, North Korea, and Northeastern China, a failure in a containment system allows the viral infection to break free of its holding area and into Suzhou Creek where it flows into the Huangpu River and through downtown Shanghai on December 26, 2017; a city with a population of over twenty-three million people. Shanghai’s population is cut to two hundred seven thousand in one week of exposure to the virus. An unexpected turn in the infection is recorded within the first few hours of death of the first wave of people crowding Shanghai hospitals… They do not stay dead.
Chinese military police begin quarantining the city and Chinese forces break contact with NATO troops on their Northeastern border and retreat to Shanghai where they attempt to stop the spread of the infection. They are, however, too late to stop the evacuating city as the survivors of the first few days flee the country and city. Within days infections spring up in Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Berlin, Munich, London, Paris, New York, and Los Angeles. NATO forces break contact across all fronts as the infection spreads exponentially.
In 2018 SCO and NATO nations are left in ruin as the population of the world is cut by nearly ninety-eight percent. NATO forces begin attempting to retake major cities from the infected peoples, desperately trying to regain order. Multinational forces are deployed in New York, Paris, London, Rome, Berlin, Los Angeles, and so-on. New York City is one of the most effect cities in the world with its former twelve million inhabitants being cut tremendously to barely sixty thousand people. Military forces in the city have been issued the order of retreat and are beginning to pull out of via the Harbor and into the Hudson Bay with the Task Fleet… New York has been left to die… But not everyone has accepted that sentence. It is now one month after New York fell, in February of 2018.
Feniks VirusIncubation period of the Feniks virus is anywhere from three hours to three days depending on the subject’s blood type. Within twelve after the virus begins showing symptoms, the patient will normally show signs of all of the following: Headache, chills, fever, sore throat, coughing, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, eschars, and fatigue. Between twelve and twenty hours after infection begins, severe symptoms begin to manifest. These symptoms can include and are not limited to severe fever, convulsions, tremors, confusion, anxiety, cardio arrhythmia, shock, and depression, failure to coagulate blood, hemorrhaging, and blindness in some cases. The cause of death is varying among patients, but the two most common forms are brain hemorrhaging which causes coma and death from pressure on the brain and bleeding from facial orifices as well as organ failure which leads to internal bleeding.
While there is no inoculation or standard treatment for this viral infection, doctors and field medics alike have been informed to use high dosages of human interferon to allow the body to combat fluid loss. If all else fails, lethal dosages of morphine are acceptable and once heart failure has occurred, it is recommended that you destroy the brain.
Sing Sing Maximum Security Prison, Ossining, New York
After some military forces were left behind in the evacuation, they quickly banded together and moved north along the Hudson river to Sing Sing Maximum Security Prison where they found one inmate still in his cell and the citizens of the town of Ossining, New York taking refuge in the inner fencing of the city. They have secured the prison after three days of work, and the area has become a safe haven for the two hundred civilian survivors, thirty military survivors, and a single FBI agent.
Two boats are now docked along the shore next to the prison. One of them is an old fishing boat able to carry nearly twenty people and the other is a large tugboat able to carry fifty people or a large amount of equipment. Run up on the bank of the river are six military RIB (Ridged Inflatable Boats) that can each fit six people and have an outboard motor capable of generating twenty-five knots (roughly thirty-five miles an hour). Land vehicles include two “Deuce and a Half” trucks (two and half ton military trucks with canvas covers), a prison coach bus, two Dodge Ram pick-ups now rigged with .50 caliber machine guns as weapons, and two Toyota Tundra pick-up trucks used to patrol the prison boundaries before the infection and are now repurposed for high-speed scouting. Air Vehicles include one SH-60B Sea Hawk helicopter armed with a single .50 caliber machine gun on the pilot side bay-door.
The Prison is currently working on setting up a radio system, but for now, only the military personnel have working hand-held radios along with four high-frequency, long-range radio-telephones. Outside of the standard issued weapons to the Multinational forces (10 United States Marines, 8 United States Army Soldiers, 4 United States Navy Airmen, 4 German Bundeswehr soldiers, 1 French Soldiers, and 4 British Royal Paratroopers) there are only basic civilian weapons available at this time, that means hunting rifles, hunting shotguns, and the occasional police shotgun or issued handguns as well as the civilians who formally carried a handgun who might still have their weapon. Close quarter weapons, however, are countless, as anything that can damage a skull is suitable as a weapon.
Pier 57The pier along the Hudson at 15th Street is used as a permanent outpost for the Prison Stronghold where at least twelve persons are stationed to hold it at all times. It is used as a Forward Operating Base for scavenging and other missions into Manhattan. Vehicles here include four armed military HMMWVs (Humvees with .50 caliber machine guns), and two United States Marine Corps Light Armored Vehicles (LAVs).
The Children of Heaven
Lead by a mysterious man known simply to the survivors in the Prison Stronghold by his follower’s given name of: “The Illustrious One,” the Children of Heaven members are former inmates and homeless peoples of New York who have banded together under their leader’s promise of freedom and security to claim the old Ground Zero and Freedom Tower construction site as their own and claim to be the rulers of Manhattan Island. Small conflicts have occurred at the Pier 57 outpost as the Cult seems to think they are at war with the Prison Stronghold and any who do not conform to their beliefs. Their arsenal is varying but seems to be stolen military weapons, police weapons, and civilian weapons all thrown into a large array of death.
Types of Infected
- Zed: The basic form of infected is the Zed. Your average person who died from the Feniks virus and who is now reanimated is typically a Zed. They are ferocious in numbers and can sprint toward their prey with uncanny speed. Biting is the typical form of vectoring the disease while Zeds will also punch and kick their prey to subdue before inflicting a fatal wound. Once bitten, bleeding out or infection is the typical cause of death… If you aren’t eaten alive that is.
Rules and Regulations
- Guild Rules apply at all times…
- OOC Conflict will not be tolerated, respect your fellow role-players or you will be removed.
- Respect the GM but think for yourself, while we might know more about the universe than most, if something is completely unexplainable, you have the right to speak out… But we are role-players too, and fellow role-players are to be shown respect.
- Posting should be a minimum of every four days with at least one person between your last post. We expect a minimum of three paragraphs (eight sentences to a paragraph). GRAMMAR IS A MUST! As I have seen xPromothesus say on the Guild many times, and agree with him, there is a difference from “The best period.” And “The best, period.” Be sure you can write at an advanced level, this roleplay is NOT for the average Guild user looking for a casual game, this is for serious writers with serious talent!
- This is not for the weak of heart, it is rated M for Mature do to blood, gore, sex, violence, adult language, the use of drugs, and other things I’d care not to mention… If you are under the age of seventeen, please do not get involved.
- Sex in the game is allowed, however, if it becomes TOO graphic there are two options: 1. Fade to black, we all can assume what happened… 2. Present it very tastefully and maturely, without excessive detail.
- Be realistic, bullets don’t curve around you, your character isn’t a superhuman, they are average, everyday people (Dman that means you cannot jump from helicopter to helicopter… -.-) your character doesn’t own ninety guns and a tank… They were probably a school teacher or a doctor, or a gas station attendant… Be realistic…
- No metagaming, power-playing, godmodding… However some character manipulation is allowed… For example… If one character yells “Look out!” they do not need to wait for the other person to respond… However, long dialogue is required to be role-played or collaborated.
- If you have read these terms, rules, and the whole interest check, and wish to join please post a character sheet and include a section that is called “Favorite Fruit.”
Appearance: Picture is Optional, Textual description is required…
After the Infection:
Skills: (Languages, education, special qualifications, specializations, etc.)