Welcome to Olympic City
Olympic City is known as the city of rising bridges. For years it has attracted people from far and wide for its beautiful rivers surrounded by a vibrate urban city. Fortune 500 companies call this metropolis their home while the rich and famous call it their primary place of residence. No matter who you are if you live in Olympic City then you are someone to be envious of. The premier destination for those looking for a great city with every amenity you could dream this city has become the cornerstone for urban living, and for that one reason it has become one of the most popular places to live and have fun. At least that is what the tour brochure tells you. What it doesn't show you, is that while suits and corporate big wigs run the city during the day under the hood of night it becomes a completely different city. I give you...
The real Olympic City
Speed and split second decisions are what make a driver worthy to drive the lines
of Olympic City. No other city in the world can match the passion, danger, and excitement of this cities street racing community which hasn't claimed to be the best in the world but instead was awarded it for the better part of a decade. Everywhere else pales in comparison when it is matched against the rhythmic curves of the outer city limits roads, the sharpness of the downtown four way crossings, or even the last second beat the bridge runs. When people talk about underground street racing they talk about Olympic City. It was because of that fame; however the situation had become so bloated and congested with wannabe riders it was decided that there had to be put in place some sort of buffer. Finally it was decided that a multistage race would be held. Winners earn the right for them and their team to continue racing in Olympic City while the losers leave town.
It has been one year since the last race and the time has come to return once more to the twelve races and crown the cities gods and goddesses of racing. With many teams returning as well as new teams coming to challenge it is sure to be decided on the asphalt. Each of the twelve races is named after one of the Twelve Olympians. The winner of that race is then given the name of that race as their own. You are allowed to compete in up to three races. Win one and you earn that title, but you can no longer compete to earn a higher race once you have taken a title. The list of race titles are below and are listed from highest prestige to lowest (The lowest among the 12, to everyone else they are still considered one of the best) Each race is meant to showcase a specific skill or terrain
- Zeus Open only to Male Drivers who at one point have already won a title. - The ultimate race which tests every ounce of a racers skill and strength. It incorporates all of the races that come before it. Those that wish to race the Zeus track may only sign up for it and no other races.
- Hera Open only to Female Drivers who at one point have already won a title. Same as the Zeus only raced by female drivers. The winner of this race will then challenge the winner of the Zeus half way though the year in an annual battle of the sexes grudge match.
- Poseidon A race that runs along the major river in Olympic City while some argue it may well be more difficult than the Zeus track it does not have the secondary rule of being the only race you can sign up to drive in.
- Dionysus This race runs though the heavy club streets in the south of downtown which is known for its flashy lights and signs as well as the woman and liquor that run through the people who frequent the area.
- Apollo An exceptionally dangerous race which involves the driver learning the race one week in advance, the catch, is that on the race day each racer will drive the route blindfold with only their memory and music to help with their timing. This race is the second most common race for drivers to wreak their car with the first being the Ares race.
- Artemis Only those who have been officially street racing for less than a year can take on this standard street race challenge. Sometimes the Artemis title is referred to as the rookie of the year race.
- Hermes Speed and nothing else is the key to this drag race. The special twist in this race is that it is a for part race that goes in a circle. Best out of four races win. If there is a tie then the best overall average takes the title.
- Athena A standard race with a little bit of a twist. Going through the central square of the city there are several dozen different paths a driver can take (all of which could be faster) a driver who is fast on his feet and able to adapt to other drivers and exploit their weaknesses find success here.
- Ares The derby race. Looking pretty or flashing wont get you any bonus in this race. A simple circuit race, but you cannot finish the race until you have taken out another racer. This doesnt not mean kill, but simply bash their car until it isnt able to drive anymore.
- Aphrodite A race that is from one strip club to another and then back it sounds straight forward, but for the second half the race the racer needs to bring along a passenger who is the opposite sex. It has become somewhat standard for drivers to try and convince a stripper from the second strip club to be a passenger. (Both male and female)
- Hephaestus This is a race of mechanics. The car must be at least 60% non-stock which means heavy amount of garage work. The driver is almost always the person who also did the modifications and rebuild on the vehicle.
- Demeter This race requires all the cars be four wheels drive and is also the only one race that is completely on dirt roads. It is held outside of the city limits and is done the morning of the opening days of the races.
As you can see from the above sections this role play will be heavily involved in the world of illegal street racing. As such I want to make it clear that this is the ONLY part of the underground world this role play will dive into. I will not accept people who want characters with connections to the Russian mob or a drug runner who also happens to drag race. The people in Olympic City know and do one thing and that is drive and drive faster than any other. Your character could have some sort of criminal background, but that is as far as it goes as far as I am concerned. I am saying this first so it is understood straight from the start.
The second point I want to bring up is quality of role players. I am ecstatic over this idea and as such care very deeply about its success. For me that means gathering a group of equally excited and driven individuals who have an investment in the role play as well. This means all character sheets will have to be a minimum of 400 words. If this is too much, then please understand this role play is likely to be a little too much since I am expecting each person to have an average post length of 300 words. Note that I said the average and not minimum so obviously conversation posts can be lighter; however, content posts should be at or above the average. I will state now that this will be a high-casual role play.
Lastly and this is the most important. As the GM the ultimate responsibility of making sure this role play stays active and interesting lands on me. With the help of those interested it can become much easier to and more fun to do just that; however, if your actions become detrimental to the role play I will be forced to request that you leave the role play. I have only had to do this once and it was a very special circumstance. Please note that I will protect my role play and those that are in it.
So if you are still around it must mean you are still interested in joining. Well then let me be the first to say GREAT! All you need is the character sheet forms and we can get underway then. Here is the information I will need from each person who wishes to join me for this role play.
Appearance (Real Picture Only Please)
Current Race Title or Races Signed up for: (Just a reminder Zeus is already taken by justice.)
Main Vehicle: (Photo or description)
It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.