Amodeus66 - Xbox Live
GMs: Amodeus & Marx
War between the two kingdoms of Tyre, Iadel and Ashem, recently ended. Aeus the Great has risen to power in Ashem, ruling with an iron fist. Under Aeus's rule, Ashem begins to build once more for war, having roused anger and the lust for vengeance in his people's hearts. Aeus believes his forces need an ancient relic known as the Medallion of Prayers to ensure victory over the kingdom of Iadel. The 'god' king of Iadel, Hyparamei the Divine, begins a search for the relic as well, believing it will allow him to stop the Ashem kingdom's attempt to rise once more. Both sides task a group of assorted men and women with retrieving the relic. Aeus sends a team of people ranging from artificers and explorers to trained knights and rangers. Hyparamei calls forth a teacher of the Iadelian college to chose his most adept students to go on this journey in the company of several of the Iadelian Military Academy's finest. The continent of Tyre is on the brink of war, and both kingdom's fates rest in the actions of a handful of people. Who will rise and who will fall in this deadly race for survival?
A bit of established lore:
During the first wars between Iadel and Ashem, there existed a third kingdom known as Ragora which dominated all of Tyre. The two kingdoms discovered the Medallion of Prayers and banded together to fend off the Ragoran forces. The Medallion was used in the hands of the two good kings, Cael the Humble and Jorrick the Bold, and resulted in the defeat of Ragora which split the continent into three bodies of land. The land of Ragora was split from the main continent, and the second new continent split again, leading to the creation of Donnrack and Nahinus. The remaining continent is home to the kingdoms Iadel and Ashem, and was name Tyre. After the war against Ragora, the two kings were said to have split, the Iadel king (according to Ashem lore) wanting to take all the power for his own kingdom, while the Ashem king (according to Iadel lore) wanted to take all the power for his own kingdom.
Some facts about Elysian Fields:
This will take place in a medeival setting.
There will be no magic
There will be monsters
There will be plenty of villains.
There is only one playable species: Humans
It is expected that your character would name his/her weapon
Alchemy is an acceptable form of "science", though this does not imply any Full Metal Alchemist stuff. This is mixing herbs to make elixirs, potions, and what have you.
There will be organized and pagan religions. There will be no angels, demons, divine help, etc.
Between the two kingdoms lies a desert.
The world is ethnically diverse.
Characters can be from either nation. We will generally give players their first choice, but some balancing will need to occur.
Characters can, and will, die. However, this will not happen often.
There is a ton of information left out of this ICheck, and it will be shared in OOC after enough interest is shown.
Acceptance in the RP is based off of Marx's and Amodeus's discretion, but we are looking for 8 players.
We have written an entire plot, but the ending and action between points will be decided by the action you take IC, much like Mass Effect.
- Marx and Amodeus are your gods. Bow to them. We are not mortals, here. Do not make it so.
- Post once every other day, at the very least. We are aware you exist outside of the internet (some of you), and have things to do. That said, we don't want to wait around forever. If the RP has posts often, it keeps the story fresh and interesting. Try to match how often your fellow RPers post. This is not a serialized work (Technically, it is, but you get my point.). Do not make it so.
- This is high casual/ low advanced. Please write something that advances the action, has character development, or adds to the story. We expect at least (750) words per post. That is not too much to ask. This is not in the Free Roleplay section. Do not make it so.
- Do not fight in our OOC. I've seen it happen too often. Do not hide your qualms, either. PM the other player, settle your disputes. We will get involved if we need to, but this is not intended as a high school simulator. Do not make it so.
- Romance is encouraged. More often than not, it adds another dimension to the RP. That said, this is not a porn site. Do not make it so.
- Vulgarity is allowed, to a point. Dialogue in the real word is often spiced up with profanity. However, this is not a stereotypical obscene rap song. Do not make it so.
- If you have a question, ask it. We are not Samuel L. Jackson, we will not kneecap you for asking, "What?" (Unless, of course, you deserve it). Information is power. This is not North Korea. Do not make it so.
- This is supposed to be a fun, enjoyable activity, for all involved. Make it so.
Awkward New Guy
Fire and Blood
Interest, I am showing it.
My Interests can be found here
Possibly Interested. I shall wait for the OOC before fully committing.
The Bearded Gentleman
'Tis with anticipation I voice my interest in this idea.
I am interested.
Amodeus66 - Xbox Live
Awesome! Glad to see this is getting some attention. We will begin getting the OOC prepared, and we look forward to having you join us. Again, 8 or more players will be accepted, so there are plenty of spots open.
Masked Mechanical Monster
This looks interesting. I have only taken part in one RP to date, and it lasted about 3 years before losing all of its members. That was over a year ago, and I am very rusty in creative writing. I could probably get back into the swing of things quick enough, though.