Shall we post the character sheet here when its filled out?
Currently all full! Check back at a later date!
In the Beginning...
Man had always known of magic. It permeated the world they lived on. Over the years, magic became an influential part of Man's life. It was used for healing and keeping children entertained at first. Its pureness kept peace on the planet for hundreds of years until a man named Ryker came to be. From a young age he realized that magic could be used for so much more than healing and protecting those who were weak. It could be used to dominate and rule the planet. This was the birth of dark magic. Ryker and his followers would soon launch a full scale attack on the people they were supposed to be protecting. Many mages fought hard and died fighting against Ryker's forces. He was finally taken out by a woman named Aella. She was the most powerful sorceress to ever live. Aella sacrificed herself to stop Ryker and after the war ended, magic was banned by High King Orin. Anyone who was caught practicing magic was hung or drowned. A few were even publicly beheaded. Over time, people forgot magic even exited...
Since magic was banned, humans had to find a new way of doing things. This was where the scientists of the world began to improve on things, creating technology. At first it was simple things like motors that led to cars and machinery but soon it expanded. In a few short decades, humans were living in houses and driving cars that ran on solar power. Some still resided in the woodlands of the world, refusing to give up their old way of living. Too bad they soon wouldn't have a choice. When High King Orin died, his successor was a man of science named Alexander. Alexander began the eradication of the woodlands that still existed in the world. A few activists refused to let him take down what is now called The Wilds. The Wilds is located in what would be the Southern United States ( Arkansas, Lousiana, some of Texas, Georgia, Mississippi area ). Alexander thought nothing of those who lived in the Wilds. After all, his technology would protect him...
The Rise of The Sire...
The year is 3255. He has been watching the world as it advanced. Without magic, science was able to flourish. Few even remembered the old ways anymore. He watched as humans turned to cyborgs, becoming more metal than flesh. He watched the development of things like skintenna, a device that was implanted into a human just under the left side of the jaw. It allowed humans to communicate with one another or broadcast things to others in a small group. It was used for military purposes more than anything else. The Sire rose to power when the High King was assassinated by an unknown party. He refused to tell his real name as he forced his way to the crown, becoming the leader of the world. No one is even sure where he came from or what he wants. All they know is that he has chosen three unfortunate souls to become his Techs. The Techs were anything he wanted them to be...
The Return of Magic...
While The Sire took over as High King, there were those in the Wilds who had once more found magic. Fae, mystical creatures, had begun to return to the forest lands. Three Mages were born in the Wilds and raised to be the ones who would return magic to the world. They would remind everyone just how good magic could be and how it could be used for peace and prosperity. While these Mages want peace, they know it will only be reached through war. Too bad they don't have a chance to gather more forces. The Sire has learned of their existence and has sent his Techs after them.
This is where our story begins. The Sire has recently learned of the return of Mages. He has decided to nip this in the bud before the magic users can do anything to threaten his reign...
These are simple and will keep things rolling smoothly.
1.) Please do NOT god-mod or kill a character without permission. This is annoying.
2.) There shouldn't be any sort of sexual scenes in this roleplay. If anything goes that far, fade to black or take it to PMs or something. I do NOT want it here.
3.) As for posting, I'd like at least one good paragraph with 6-10 sentences that helps move the story along. In all honesty, I'd prefer 2+ paragraphs per post and for us to treat this as a high-casual roleplay. I can understand writer's block though.
4.) Romance is allowed. Cussing is allowed. Drug use is allowed. Just remember rule 2.
5.) Respect all others in the RP. I try to avoid drama as much as possible. I hate it. You should hate it too.
6.) If you have questions, ask! I won't bite and I'm always willing to answer questions. ^_^
- Born in The Wilds
- May or may not know one another
- Want peace but know it can only be achived through war ( at least for now )
- Know the Techs are after them
- Can use both offensive and defensive magic
- Magic can be wielded through their hands or staffs with special stones adorned on top ( think Oblivion/Skyrim for this )
- Each Mage does have a "Mana" limit. They can not just cast spell after spell and not get tired.
- Companion to the Mages
- Mythical creatures who roam the Wilds
- Can either help or hinder the Mages
- Can use any type of magic
- Typically have wings though not all do
- Can change size from that of an average human to that of a pixie ( think Wasp from Avengers )
- All 3 Techs were on the verge of death when The Sire saved them
- All 3 must have some sort of cybernetic on their body
- These can range from being a full on cyborg to have enhanced eyes that can be used to do things like nightvision and such.
- All Techs will have a skintenna. This is how they will communicate with one another and The Sire.
- There is no real leader to the group.
- Techs don't hate magic as much as The Sire but they are there to do as he tells them to.
- There is potential for the Techs to turn on The Sire but that will happen MUCH later in the roleplay
- Companion to the Techs
- Live in the cities with everyone else
- Aren't feared anymore but once were
- Usually help the Techs when needed
- May or may not hate magic/ the Fae for whatever reason
Code:THE BASICS Name: Alias: Race: Age: Height: Weight: Appearance: ( Real Life / Descriptions / Doll Creator / Hand Drawn. Just NO ANIME please ) SKILLS AND EQUIPMENT under this, I want you to list any skills your character may have. Also feel free to include any cybernetic implants s/he may have or any magic s/he may know/use. This is a space for you to freely create your character. HISTORY AND PERSONALITY again, this is a free space to write what YOU want the others to know about your character. It can be as long or as short as you please.
Characters will be put here for easy access to profiles.
Rhonwen Eyllis /// Rhaenarie
Rosheen /// Dannyel
Raven /// onlytheneverwas
Faelan /// Larkos
Hannibal Rae James /// GallifreyanOddy
Imeda Sokoll /// RBYDark
Dave /// Thorny
Ismar /// malmshodes
Name: Rhonwen Eyllis
Race: Human / Mage
Appearance: She is rather slender, verging on the skinny side. WIP
SKILLS AND EQUIPMENT
(WIP) Magic: Rhonwen's magic is all based on nature, drawing from it. Both defensive and offensive, it also includes a little healing.
Equipment: Unlike most Mages, Rhonwen carries no staff. She instead uses her hands. Always carried on her person is a shortbow with a quiver of arrows, along with a shortsword (just in case). Her clothes are plain; a green tunic, made of plant material, thin trousers that are too short and an animal skin cloak. She wears nothing whatsoever on her feet.
HISTORY AND PERSONALITY
Unfriendly. Wild. (WIP)
Last edited by Rhaenarie; 03-06-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Name: Hannibal Rae James
Race: Human / Tech
Age: Twenty Five
Height: Five Feet, Six Inches
Weight: One Hundred and Twenty Eight Pounds
( yeah. I used the doll maker. I like it a lot more...
I used the RPG Heroine Creator on Doll Divine to make this one )
SKILLS AND EQUIPMENT
Hannibal is skilled in hand to hand combat as well as wielding one handed weapons. Though it doesn't look like it, the chest plate on her chest holds her artificial heart ( think Arc Reactor with Tony Stark ) that was implanted there by The Sire. Not only does it keep her alive, it also gives The Sire the ability to control her if he so chooses. The silver feather-looking things on her head are actually small, deadly throwing weapons. She used to throw knives professionally while she was alive and this skill has only grown as she gained her enhancements. They are regenerated by a cybernetic enhancement in her skull. That being said, she can only regenerate them once a day so she rarely uses them. The white tattoo across her eyes is what is called a "living" tattoo. It allows her to see things like messages and such on a holographic screen that only she can see.
HISTORY AND PERSONALITY
Hannibal grew up in a military family. It was all she had ever known in her lifetime. During boot camp, a fellow soldier's gun misfired and shot her in the heart. She was brought into surgery and The Sire took an interest in her for some reason. She met Dave in recovery since they had been brought in about the same time. The two were the first Techs and Nemesis joined them about six months after. The Sire had them all train in every sort of combat known to man in order for them to become his prized assassins. Hannibal is grateful for her life and her training but sometimes she questions The Sire's motives in this all. She doesn't let her doubt show since she is the leader of this group.
( short but more will be revealed later )
Name: Imeda Sokoll
Weight: 120 lbs
Appearance: Messy black hair; crooked nose; right eye blue; slightly-offset right cheekbone; 5'1" and about 120 lbs; facial plate starts above the left eyebrow and goes down to the mouth, plates jointed, lens green; right leg mechanical, tapering outward and ending in three thick claw-like 'toes'; left arm, shoulder, and part of torso mechanical, with the arm about uniform thickness and ending in a split-plate with three claw-like fingers and one claw-like thumb. Tends to wear a jacket with a fur collar, split seam at the left shoulder, a pair of jeans torn at the right knee, and a single black boot. Faceclaim/drawing to come later.
SKILLS AND EQUIPMENT
- His skeleton is reinforced with metal framework out of necessity. Otherwise, movement would tear him apart.
- The lens replacing his left eye sees only in black or white or in infrared. To reduce interference, mechanical implants in his brain have rendered his right eye colorblind.
- His left arm has been replaced with a dual-jointed limb ending in a cannon. It can either fire his mechanical 'hand' as a grappling hook or instead fire concussive energy to create shockwaves. This energy cannot travel through the air and so direct contact is required.
- His right leg has been replaced with a fairly heavy prosthetic leg ending in three claw-like structures.
- His left ear is replaced with the 'skintennae' for communication, and he has neural implants that allow him to understand and speak English, though he can no longer speak or translate for his native tongue as a result.
- His external metal covering - the prosthetic leg, his arm, half his chest, half his neck and face, the cable connecting his cannon to his back - are all sealed, insulated, and coated with material to reduce fire and heat damage.
As a result of his reinforcement, Nemesis can carry several times his own weight.
However, Nemesis also requires 'activation' - the degree to which he can carry out his duties are determined by what files are active, and anything that goes beyond those parameters is considered to be impossible. Files include:
- Poseidon: allows him to use the cannon
- Argus: basic surveillance
- Talos: allows him to fight
- Thanatos: authorizes lethal force
HISTORY AND PERSONALITY
Nemesis' true name is known only to him. Fighting in his home country in Eastern Europe ended up putting him near an explosion with shrapnel shredding his leg and slicing his femoral artery. He had no ID and no family ever came forth to claim him. He was saved, airlifted out of the country and operated upon to remove the shrapnel and keep him from bleeding out. The surgery he underwent was a bit more extensive than what one would expect and resulted in about half of his body being replaced by cybernetic parts. His first few trials went poorly - the first revealed the need for a translator implant, the second the importance of a reinforced skeleton, and the third the need to modify his other eye. However, once he was fixed, he joined the other two Tech models for training.
Nemesis does not talk much, and when he does, he tends to put the accent on the wrong syllable with little emotion or gesturing to accompany it. He is generally very still, free of excessive movement and expression, and genuinely seems to be the most robotic, in appearance and personality, of the three Techs. He is absolutely ruthless in following orders and has found more creative uses at times for his cannon in doing so.
SpoilerFor proper repairs, he is taken away to an isolated room and the cybernetics shut down, leaving him incapable of movement. When he does speak, it's in Georgian and though no one in the facility is known to speak the tongue, he sounds confused and terrified.
Last edited by RBYDark; 03-08-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Tarana and Dorumon, the deathly sniper duo, Sonia and Abbie, the cheery digital wizards, and Takeshi and Tentomon, the reluctant warriors of Digimon: Uprising.
Valdi and V-mon, the dysfunctional partnership, and Jill and Flamemon, the pathological pair of Digimon - Digital Crash.
The actor Duskull and the amnesiac Butterfree of Pokemon - Species Screwery.
The fearsome Necrowisemon, the pacifist Marineangemon, the aggressive Piximon, the enigmatic Clockmon, the cheerful Kotemon, the overstressed Flybeemon, and the ever-peaceful Snowagumon of Digimon: The Parallel Visage.
The veteran high-school vigilante "Flip" of Free Runners.
Are there specific schools of magic in this RP or are you just going to let us come up with a list of spells? Can a mage also be proficient with light weapons? (Aka have a backup for when mana runs out). Must we wear robes? Or just "non-armor?"
Would mages have access to handguns and other tech-based goods?
Sorry for all the questions.
A Mage can be proficent with other weaponry though if their magic doesn't work, I saw them using their staffs as weapons. However, the use of swords and such may be used.
Mages would NOT have access to any sort of tech unless it was stolen off of a city dweller or a Tech themselves.
No problem. I'd rather you ask than be lost. :3
More questions! I'm just a fount of them!
1) Aliases - necessary for mages? I just imagine my girl to not be duplicitous at all.
2) There are human clans in the Wild, right? That's where these mages come from, if I am inferring it correctly.
3) You didn't answer the robe question. Can I not wear robes?
4) Can I have a staff with a short blade at the bottom? I think you can see examples in some of the staffs from Dragon Age.
5) Are there religions in this setting? Like a nature/magic-based/pagan religion that the Techs and Sire would find heretical? If not, that's cool too.
That's all...for the moment....
Does a bow count as technology? You know like a shortbow, like what was used way back in medieval times? Because that's what I'm considering giving my chara