I'd be very interested in this!
So while my idea is still in it's relative infancy, I have a working plot and story development in mind. As the title states this is a Sci-fi RP; humanity has made vast technological and scientific achievements. When they began traveling the star systems, they had no idea what they'd run into... or who they'd anger. First contact with an alien race more technologically advance than humans resulted in all out galactic war between the two species, and has now lasted for roughly forty years. The upside is that humans have been able to learn and adept the alien technology, the downside? They've had to pay for the knowledge in blood.
The scenario: You're a soldier part of the military, assigned to a squad and sent out in a reconnaissance mission to an outlying space station. Unfortunately, you're ship never makes it, and you are shot down on one of their colonized worlds. Now you and your surviving squadmates must find a way off a planet full of hostiles.
If this generates enough interested I would appreciate a GM - someone to bounce ideas off of with. Also, I am open to new suggestions, or if anyone is interested in building on this.
i shall throw in my hat!
Yeah, I'll bite. I'd also be happy to fill the requested "adviser" role
RavenOperative's opinion of me:
(Said in jest, of course.)
These are my house rules for RPGs. Most of them are general knowledge, but still worth reading.
1. IT. IS. A GAME. NEVER prioritize it over real life.
2. HAVE FUN. People get bent out of shape over the STUPIDEST shit.
3. PLAY NICE. If your character is an asshole, so be it. That doesn't mean you get to be one OOC.
4. THREE STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT. Third offense gains you a permanent ban from all of my RPs.
5. IT'S YOUR RP AS MUCH AS MINE. Get creative! I'm open to suggestions!
6. PLEASE EXCUSE YOURSELF. If you MUST leave the RP, then I'm sorry to hear that. Please collaborate with me ahead of time so we can dismiss your character properly!
7. DON'T LURK. There's an excuse for being busy and not being able to post. However, there's no excuse if you're online and not posting.
8. DON'T BOTHER BITCHING ABOUT THE RP. If you don't like a feature of the RP, don't complain about it cause I'm not gonna fix it. Take it elsewhere.
9. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. Good roleplaying lies in good communication, not lots of it.
10. NEW, NOT USED. I don't want to see a generic character. If you use it in another RP, I will NOT accept it.
I'd be up for this, PM me if this gets made or if you need someone to bounce ideas off with!
Well excellent. Five is pretty decent to start with, I think. I shall get started on the OOC.