THE STORY SO FAR...
Five years ago, the world was introduced to the dawn of a new superhuman age. It began with reports of a man who could defy gravity in Metropolis, then quickly escalated with the subsequent arrival of superpowered champions and costumed vigilantes across the world that would take part in reshaping modern society as we knew it. In Gotham, a self-styled creature of the night waged war against the forces of corruption that had kept the city bound. On the far side of the world, a woman wielded the power of the Gods in her boundless pursuit of truth. In Coast City, a disgraced pilot would be granted access to power beyond the cosmos. And within the twin cities of Coast and Central, a red and gold streak of movement was beginning to stop criminals in their tracks, virtually unseen to the naked eye. With countless others seemingly brought into the limelight every day, humanity quickly took notice.
Soon, these legends took on names befitting their mythical prescence. Superman. Batman. Wonder Woman. The Flash. Martian Manhunter. The Atom. Though little was known about each of them, they were soon becoming legends in their own right. Many noted that they were the successors to the throne left void by The Justice Society so many years ago, when superhumans first walked the Earth. So it was only natural, perhaps even destiny, that in the face of certain danger that threatened the planet from another world, these superhumans would ultimately band together to form something greater dedicated towards the protection of all mankind. With the combined effort of their incredible gifts fighting back the alien Star'ro, it became official. The Justice League was born.
And with the creation of that team, everything seemed to go wrong at once. Attracting attention from all possible sources, many began to live in fear of these larger-than-life individuals. A fear that was only bolstered by an attack on the team through an insane woman with the power to control dreams, who called herself Dr. Destiny, The Justice League soon found themselves the victim of manipulation as they were controlled into attacking the world at large. Superman began tearing a small nation apart. Batman seized control of Arkham Asylum with the intent to destroy it and all inside. Wonder Woman pressed on the attack on the United States military. The Flash began robbing banks at the blink of an eye. It was chaos, and the world was quickly turning against their heroes. Only with the help of Martian Manhunter and a new ally, The Green Lantern, were they able to be brought back to their normal selves.
But the damage was done, and one man sought to reap the benefits. That man's name was Lex Luthor, who had already put a contenigency plan against The League into action. Fronting a team of maniacal supervillains in secret, Luthor allowed a warlord named Vandal Savage to form what would become The Legion of Doom. And once unleashed, The Legion's wrath was all but forgiving. Successfully destroying half of a nation and threatening to bring others with it, The Legion publically waged war with The League while Luthor plotted with another agenda in mind. Having formed The Society, a peacekeeping group that Luthor claimed was for the betterment of mankind, he began systematically earning the public's trust to a degree that even the heroes couldn't match.
But the final piece of Luthor's plan came together whenever The Legion finally uncovered The Justice League's base of operations and launched a full-scale attack. With Savage gloating over the heroes, who struggled to fight back against his superpowered accomplices, Superman and the others began to wonder if this was their final stand. With Batman having been incapacitated months earlier and left to inaction, they were a man down, and even their newest recruits were unable to stand a chance against Savage's forces. Then came the shocking blow, as Savage was killed before he could cripple The League permanently. But even more shocking was the hand of the person that had brought The Legion of Doom to ruin: Lex Luthor.
Having saved The Justice League from annihilation and stopped a worldwide threat all at once, Luthor was finally put into a position suitable enough to launch the next phase of his plan. Announcing that he had created a safe haven against the threats that had nearly torn the planet apart, Luthor unveiled a city in the clouds that was more technologically advanced than anything the world had ever seen. Calling it Lexor City, Luthor graciously welcomed safe passage into his miracle haven to the public and smiled as they accepted. He had even given them protection with a Superman of their own - the mysterious Karen Starr, otherwise known as Power Girl.
It is now one year later, and the ripple-effects of these events are likely still felt. Is the world a safer place, now that Lex Luthor is the self-appointed guardian of mankind? Have The Justice League recovered under the vicious blow to their image? And what unseen threats still loom over the horizon, waiting to strike when least expected? They say that time will tell, but one year later, the results have yet to be seen...
This is The Ultimate DC Universe RPG
This RPG is based off of a player-created continuity dealing with a modern revision of the DC Universe, similar to Marvel's Ultimate imprint. Outside of the above, and what the players themselves create, there is no pre-established continuity. As players, it will be your job to take the basic ideas and characters of the DCU, and accordingly reinvent them into however you see fit. Though it is your choice of how drastic the alterations should be, you are free to customize everything from a character's origin to motivations, identity, mannerisms, costume, powers, and world. Let your imagination run wild.The Justice League
In response to the invasion of Star'ro, an extraterrestrial force that could possess and manipulate the will of ordinary humans, J'onn J'onnz aka The Martian Manhunter telepathically called together Earth's greatest champions in order to stop the manifestation of the viral alien species from spreading past it's targeted city of Metropolis. Combining the superhuman prowess of Superman, the strategic mind of The Batman, the God-like stamina of Wonder Woman, the unparalleled speed of The Flash, and the scientific brilliance of The Atom, the team was successful in preventing an all-out alien assault that would have killed millions in a matter of hours. Recognizing the need for a united force for good beyond their own individual power, Superman provided an ultimatum for the protection of mankind. Setting up shop in Happy Harbor, which withheld a secret mountaintop cavern that they could use to meet in times of crisis, they agreed to use their powers to become Earth's first line of defense. The result was The Justice League.
The Teen Titans
Upon meeting Starfire and witnessing the birth of Raven in his friend Rachel Roth, the burdening vigilante Robin, aka Dick Grayson, thought that the idea of joining together with other like-minded teenagers who were dedicated to the cause of fighting against injustice didn't sound so bad. What he didn't count on was a nightmarish experience that would inevitably bring together that team, as a young set of heroes inspired or directly influenced by members of The Justice League came together in the nation of Bilaya under the telepathic control of it's leader, the Queen Bee. Brainwashed into becoming an army to use at her discretion, it soon became apparent that not all was what it seemed. With the help of the intervening Wonder Girl, aka Donna Troy, the teens soon realized what was happening and fought back, uncovering plenty of secrets along the way. By the time they were rescued, it became apparent that the team would be anything but temporary, as The Justice League needed all the help it could get.
When the arrival of Superman in Metropolis became recognized worldwide, Lex Luthor's reaction was less than rational. While it was natural to expect any initial fear regarding the clearly superhuman figure that now patrolled Metropolis' skies, Luthor took it to a new extreme by entertaining the possibility of annihilation at the alien's hands. Unable to admit to himself that it was simply a hatred brought about by the fact that Superman had stolen his moment in the spotlight, Luthor went about bringing together a series of the world's best and brightest in order to give humanity it's own fighting chance in the event that his fears held true. Travelling halfway around the world, recruiting vicious warlords and assassins to his cause and setting the seed of his creation into several world governments, who accepted Luthor's payroll in exchange for their allegiance, it soon blossomed from the irrational hatred of one man against a hero into a collective of the world's most dangerous minds. Make no mistake, The Society is real. And with the help of an unexpected source from the stars, they may very well become the world's next superpower.
Ra's Al Ghul
Vandal Savage (deceased)
Queen Bee (lobotomized)
To apply for a character, fill out the application supplied below. If your application is rejected, do not despair! Simply rework what the Gamemasters tell you is wrong with it, or in the case of multiple applications, choose another character.
. 12 Rules To Play By .
1. You may choose any character appearing in the DC Universe, or an imprint of DC Comics (IE: Vertigo, Wildstorm), and revamp them for Ultimate continuity. Any character appearing outside of DC, such as Marvel or Image characters, will not be allowed.
2. You are allowed a maximum of three characters. Though it is advised that you stick to one, especially at first, you will be allowed a second and third if you believe you can handle the responsibility.
3. You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred you post more, or your character will be up-for-grabs. Failure to post after a month will result in removal from the roster.
4. PC's are not to be killed without permission. Nameless NPC's are fine, but PC's or important NPC's will require authorization. Don't do anything random, such as destroying the universe, either. Such behavior is frowned upon.
5. Several storylines can be going on at once, in order to interact with other players. If a player's character does not want to be involved in another's storyline, they do not have to. Consultation and communication are the keys to a good PC-to-PC interaction.
6. Sidekicks and legacy characters will be required to be permitted by the player orchestrating the mentor's role in UDC. For instance, if you want to play Superboy, your acceptance will hinder on the player playing Superman, and his thoughts.
7. You can travel anywhere on Earth or off-planet, provided it is within your character's means. Time-travel is forbidden, unless it is specifically required of your character choice. (IE: Booster Gold, Rip Hunter, The Legion of Super-Heroes)
8. You are your character, so act like them. Create or portray their mannerisms, powers, and ideals to how they have been established in the game. BE the character - do not, under any circumstances, play yourself as the character.
9. Respect the Gamemasters. If they make a request of you regarding the game, listen to them. Failure to adhere to GM, AGM, and Guild Moderator requests will result in expulsion from the game.
10. Be creative, and do not be afraid to try new and exciting things with old concepts. This is a new continuity - the laws of the regular DC Universe are not set in stone.
11. All regular Guild rules apply.
12. And finally, the most important rule of all: Have fun. Never take the game too seriously, or you will have lost the point. Heated arguments between players can result in probation or infractions - do not ruin it for other players. It is only a game.
- - -
THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
.Character you wish to portray:
.Hero, villain, or walking the line?:
.Powers and physical attributes:
.Origin and backstory (as you see it):
.The burning question - Why this character?:
.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:
.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?:
.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:
.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):
- - -
. Current Roster .
WALKING THE LINE