Current GM's: Ishigo, Kisheto
Status: OOC: Accepting | IC: Open
Sanctuary Chat Room: [Click]
Do you have a great idea that needs collaboration with another character? Why not make a collaboration (or collab for short)! Using Titan pad, users in the "lobby" can edit a text document at the same time (in real time) and then post it as one post. This allows for a new realm of character interaction! Try it out here:
(NOTE: When posting this, be sure to include who all worked on the collab, and if it's really long, include a little summary!)
(Thanks to Gerontis and the Naruto Generations RP for this idea!)
1) Respect everyone in OOC. Your characters can hate the mess out of each other for all I care (as long as it isn't driven by OOC hate that interferes with the plot). Remember, out of character, this is a collaboration.
2) Obviously, no God modding. Never deny your character the taste of defeat. Yes I said it like that. Defeat and failure are not only causes for inner struggle and/or more plot, it serves to show that no character is perfect. One of the things that can help characters bond is the presence of imperfection. Embrace failure.
3) No more than 2 characters per person. If a character dies, you may make another, however, everyone will be limited to 2 characters at a time. HOWEVER, if there is an absolutely brilliant plot idea and you have a third character you really want to incorporate, you may request one from one of the head GM's.
4) No double posting unless permitted for some reason/No spam/No one liners unless permitted/No OOC in the IC unless it's a few sentences in parenthesis
5) No killing characters without permission. However if two people engage in combat, and one person beautifully writes out a combat scenario and their character has progressed to the point where they would have won, then it can be argued that the other should have died without consent. However, to keep things flowing well, everyone should be open minded and best case scenario (although most people don't like doing so), pre determine fights via PM. If you won't predetermine it, base the winner off of who presented their attacks and defense most creatively and, yes I'm going to say it, epicly. If someone keeps rolling out of the way and throwing punches, and the other is hurling combos, taking cover and using the environment, etc, then I mean, come on, who deserves the win?
6) USE CHARACTER SHEETS. If a character with the ability to not be affected by water is accepted (this is an exaggeration) and you use water, then why on earth would you be allowed to win? REFER TO CS's!
7) GM's have the last say. Co-GM's accepted.
~Bear with me, the center of the story begins with "the concept", but there is some background info that you will need~
Aeros (pronounced "i-ey-ros") is a mysterious and wonderful world resembling a cleaner, smaller version of Earth. It is spotted with only three continents- most notably the enormous landmass of Leginia, spanning almost an entire 1/4th of the planet. Leginia itself is shaped like the head of a goat- a large, mostly rounded land mass of various climates and terrains complimented by two mountainous strips of landmass that curve inward to resemble horns. In the center of these landmarks known as the "Northern Horns", lay an arctic ocean with various islands. The other two continents, Solistara and Henele (pronounced "Hen-i-lay") are located to the east and west of Leginia, respectively. Solistara is a narrow continent, resembling a thinned down Africa, that comes remarkably close to kissing the Northern Horns, but is isolated by towering, snowy mountains. Due to this isolation, Leginian civilizations seldom make contact with those of Solistara out side of trade and commerce. Henele, located a bit more on the south western side of Leginia, is a clutter of large, oddly shaped islands, that come so close to where the entirety of them all resemble a single land mass on a map. Henele is home to tropical and exotic civilizations that hold no regard for militaristic or diplomatic relations with the peoples of Leginia. However, during the current era, things have changed. The civilizations of Leginia are advanced, and the nations have long been united since a great historical war that nearly ravaged the entire continent altogether. Times are peaceful, and the cities of Leginia are thriving.
The story of Sanctuary will primarily take place on Leginia, the main continent of Aeros. There will be a bit of history that all characters will be required to know unless it is completely illogical for their character. The continent of Leginia is split into 4 provinces that will be listed and explained below, once you read up on a little history. Don't worry it's quite simple!
Aeros' date system is exactly like Earth's, and started on day zero- the day that the god Aeritus (pronounced "i-AIR-eh-tus") breathed life into the first humans. The current year is 2000. The historical path of Aeros, despite the planet's many similarities to Earth, is quite different from our own world. At first, the humans of the continent Leginia all remained concentrated in the center of the enormous landmass, where the resources were abundant and diverse. The most common and influential religion, Aeritanism, fueled man's thirst for knowledge of their existence. Eventually, they spread throughout the continent and discovered new resources. The most notable resources were mystical gems that represented the five elements, known as cores (Fire core, Land core, Water core, Lightning core, Wind core) which could act as specific units of energy. The oils of this planet were unique in that they were renewable, as some species of animals consumed them! Thus, technology flourished.
Steadily, humanity began building huge cities, larger than those on earth, with buildings that towered over the hills and touched the sky. The architecture was built from the many, many resources found in the northern tundras- rich with stones and metals like no other.
Eventually, the cores that powered the vehicles, including cars, planes, and (rarely) hovercrafts, also had unique scientific properties. It was discovered that the elemental properties could be used in their materialistic form- their was an incident known as the Northern Fire, in which a fire core's fire energy was unleashed and burnt a huge hole through one of the largest mountains. This incident resulted in the long war known as the Core Crusade. People discovered that these cores coud be utilized using a simple reaction in which the metals of weapons called "cyllinders" rapidly fused with the core for a split second, resulting in a discharge of that element. These cores were then infused with that same metal of swords, daggers, catapult ammo, etc. However, humanity was not stupid enough to destroy itself. After a devestating 200 year war, the humans of the few nations that had formed over the timeline of humanity formed a pact.
It was here that Leginia was united, yet peacefully organized into 4 provinces. The many nations combined in the different provinces, and the greatest leader of the province was sent to the central province, known as Gaia. Here, the Leginian Council was created, consisting of 4 representatives (1 form each province). This council led humanity to this day, keeping it free from the temptations of war and conquest. The only outbreaks of the age of the council were of scientific and medical revolutions. Slowly, the church of Aeritus faded away, as science became the new center of thought.
Little did the new science-fueled civilization know that the supernatural was on the brink of emergence...
- Arcarus: Located in the South West, holding the western half of the entire South strip of Leginia. The Arcanians* are typically of thinner, weaker physical stature. However, they possess strong intellect and are known for their wide array of Colleges, the central one being the College of Argos. Arcarus's land is a vast connection of valleys and forrests with mystical values that attracted a lot of study. There are many ruins of ancient civilizations. In fact, the capital of Arcarus, Argos, was built on the well preserved remains of an ancient floating city.
- Valira: Located in the East, holding the entire eastern half of the South strip of Leginia. Valirans* are typically strong-backed, and tough-bred individuals who live various lives. The majority work in agriculture (the plains are usually covered in farms and wheat fields), while others work in mining, drilling, and other land-based fields. However, the land of Valira is known best for it's beautiful land scape, which compliments the strong spirits of it's inhabitants. Valira has no said capital, as it's citizens are much more easy going and in less need of government to lead them.
- Warshire: The cold, Northern province. It's home to the famous Northern Horns, where many legends and myths are born. Warshirans* are forced to survive devestating winters, and live years of short supplies and long battles against mother nature. They are mountain people, used to the high terrain, and are said to be more mobile then most other humans. The capital of Warshire is Wintra, an arctic island located between the Northern Horns, where some of Leginia's finest weapons, technologies, vehicles, and tools are made.
- Gaia: The central province of Leginia, located right in the middle of the other 3 provinces. This province has a bit of everthing- the frost-tipped mountains of the north, the forests and valleys of the West, the plains and rivers of the east, and the oceans and lakes of the south. It's the largest and richest province, with Leginia's main capital: Sovereign. Sovereign is the biggest city in all of Leginia, with no signs of poverty or unjustified crime at all. It is also the home of the Leginian Council, located in the Capitol Building. Most cities in Gaia are similar to it's capital, as it is the most advanced and successful province in the entire continent. It's citizens are as diverse as all of Aeros, it is said. Gaia is also referred to as the "Mainland."
*Don't be confused by the races or the race names. Usually, the term races is pictured as different lifeforms, however, in Aeros, all "races" are in fact human, just with physical differences. (Similar to how on Earth, the word race refers to caucasion, asian, etc.)
- Characters will be exposed to a weird mix of technology.
- The transportation, architecture, and digital/electronic aspects of Leginian technology is more advanced than Earth. Imagine futuristic cars, boats, hovercrafts that travel real fast. If you've ever played Mass effect, the hover crafts resemble the shuttles.
- The weaponry of Leginia, however, is not as modern. The era of peace that the council brought resulted in an end to the thirst for militaristic advancement. Guns are rare, and function based off cores (most, if not all, will focus on using a Fire Core to project forward a bullet). Other than that, swords, daggers, axes, hammers, bows, throwing knifes, etc are all weapons. BUT: add the core twist. Cores are a unique type of technology that let the user generate elemental effects. So maybe you have a chain with a sickle attatched to it that can be swung and powered by a lightning core to create lightning storms, I don't know, up to you.
- Transportation will be quite fast if you can get on shuttles (the flying ships mentioned/showed above). However, if your character is poor, or low class, it will be much more rough to move around without the help of a Kamikage/Onikage (find out below).
In Leginian legend, Kages are spirits from the Realm of Sin (Onikages) and the Realm of Solace (Kamikages). They are manifestations of sheer power (whether divine or demonic) and are conscience entities that were once warriors of Aeritus. The Onikages were those who embraced freedom more than the original kages, and broke free form the grasp of Aeritus, thus starting a war in which the two sides fought. No one knows who led the Onikages and why the ultimate "god" Aeritus was unable to stop them. But the war was ended with the creation of the Void. The Void is similar to what Earth's Christians refer to as "Purgatory"- a realm in which one's spirit is judged to determine whether they transcend to the realm of Solace or are constricted to the Realm of Sin until they repent of their sin. Leginian folklore says that the Void is and endless space of light that divides the two Realms (solace/sin) and that if it were to break, the war would rage again.
The story of Sanctuary officially begins with the opening of what is to be called the Void Gate. Previously, the only means of entering the Void from the human realm was death, and the only way of leaving was judgement to the Realm of Sin/Solace, or rebirth. However, the Void Gate, a mysterious pillar of light that penetrates the sky above and the ground beneath, breaks that rule. It serves as a physical door to the Void, and what's worse is that the Kages (from their respective realms) flooded into the human realm from. The kages, which are on the brink of war as the Void (serving as a wall between the realms) weakens, cannot survive in the human realm. What they can do is bind with a human's tiny spirit and live with it. This has it's consequences, both "good" and bad. The very same mystical powers that these kages are capable of can be channeled through the host and exerted. The kage remains conscience and can in fact speak with the human from within his/her spirit.
- Kamikages are generally weaker as individuals, as they don't kill as many kages as Onikages do (when a kage kills another kage, it absorbs it's "Spirit"). They love humanity and served to protect it's realm, so once they bind to a host, they do not go against it's will. Furthermore, the Kamikages cannot be used to the same extent as Onikages, as the bind they create doesn't sap the individuals spirit to add to their own. The usage of the kamikage's powers is restriced in this manner. The host of a Kamikage is called a Guardian
- Onikages are bent on killing Kamikages and escaping the Realm of Sin to capture a home for themselves (the Human realm being the easiest). Most Onikages start off stronger, as they have killed many other kages. Additionally, once binded to a host, they completely fuse with the spirit, allowing the Onikage to sap the host's spirit. This causes the host to lose their free will, as the Onikage bends the host to do as it likes. Without a strong will, the Onikage can completely take over the host, eating away at his/her sanity as it furthers its own intent. The host of an Onikage is called a Conduit.
Kages' powers are fueled by an energy they call "spirit". Every living being emits spirit, but of different magnitude. Kages have the most, and use it as an energy source for their powers. Without a kage, a human cannot utilize spirit (just think of it as an energy source, like chakra for naruto fans). The kages' powers can be quite diverse. Kages usually have a central power coupled with a secondary (usually elemental) power to compliment it. A example would be a kage that can move quite fast and dash from point to point almost instantaneously, coupled with the elemental affinity of lightning which increases the speed. An elemental power also can result in the ability to mold and manipulate that element, and discharge it for offense or defense (e.g. a kage could have the power of Land affinity, allowing it bring forth pillars from the ground for defense). Furthermore, a kage could have two non elemental powers (e.g. a kage that can create clones of itself and also create some form of an illusion) or a strong, single (and broad) power (e.g. a kage that can alter gravitational fields to resemble the "force"). Either way, the kage's power can be used by the host, on a smaller scale.
What exactly does a kage look like? Well, really, anything! It can be enormous or tiny, shiny or dull, fat or thin, etc. It must have a name, however.
~ The names of each chapter are links to the posts that they start on! ~
-All characters will begin their normal lives in the world of Leginia, choosing a province to start off with. No kage's will be released (though you should note that the world does already have minimal knowledge on what the kages are. Your character must simply live a day or two in their life to outline the type of character they are/role they want to play/goal they have. A brief setting of each province and short series of current events will be provided in the first post. After the first few posts, the incident will occur. Use the Prologue to set your character up for receiving a kage if he/she is getting one (this means be near Sovereign, the capital of Gaia).
Chapter 1: Void Unleashed
-Here, the first post of the chapter (made by a GM of course) reveals the incident. The incident resulted in catastrophe's world wide (earthquakes, floods, etc) that caused the Quarantine of Sovereign (via a giant, mystical, opaque barrier)- all due to the opening of the void gate. However, the negative effects of the quarantine and aftermath drove society to desperation, and they attempted to breach the huge barrier that covered the entire province. Eventually, they succeeded. Kages had already been released from the void gate (which opened at the center of Sovereign). The first post or at least first few posts for Guardians/Conduits should encompass the experience of binding with a kage. It should be extremely painful and devastating, but the overall effects can vary. Note: the powers of kages can't be used to full capacity right away. You do have to "train," as the human body isn't meant for the abilities of Kages. Keep in mind that Onikages are easier to master due to the fact that the Onikage would be attempting to (keyword: attempting) sap your free will and strengthen itself. It also grants you more power. The result of the kage flood will be that villains become much stronger, increasing crime, cults/factions will be formed to rebel against the quarantine, since the most powerful and resource rich province was suddenly shut off from the rest of the world.
----First Timeskip (click) ----
Players can create factions once they gather up enough followers in the story and have at least TWO real players to be willing to join it. You must request faction creation via PM'ing a GM
The Golden Mercs are a group of Mercenaries and Explorers who started off as a public expeditionary. They were formed a few decades after the ending of the Core Crusade, by civilians who banded together across the provinces (as a signal of unity). They founded their base in the capital of Sovereign (in Gaia), operating from the Gold Merc Base (a large building that would become a landmark for Sovereign citizens). At first, they would work as local mercenaries for protection against thugs, and then became escorts for people traveling the roads between provinces (the monsters would pose great threats to the civilians, and the Gold Mercs would fight them off). Later, they expanded their goals to obtain resources and explore the lands of Leginia to discover core mines, monsters, lands, etc. Starting at the end of the Prologue, the Golden Mercs will lead the attempts to penetrate Gaia's wall from the inside.
Leader: Victor Esteves
Player's In Faction: (none)
-The Continental Army is the central army divided into 4 branches- one for each province (Arcarian branch, Warshiran branch, Valiran branch, Gaian Branch). Serving in the Army is a great honor, although not as great as it once was. The need for a military has been greatly reduced in the era of peace. It still existed, for the sake of monster hunting and local law enforcement, but not at the scale of the previous ages. To serve in the Gaian Branch is the highest honor- obtainable only via advancing the ranks from private to major in one of the 3 outer branches. Now a days, joining the army is a choice completely, and there are no drafts. The Army takes orders from the Leginian council directly.
Leader: Leginian Council
Players In Leginian Army: [Brutus Stormcloak]
- Representative of Warshire- [Ingrid Yvore] (A quiet, but strict woman who values honesty and honor, age: 44)
- Representative of Valira- [Rugo Pierre] (A strong, honorable man who respects bravery and vouches for the middle and lower class. He respects hard work, age: 57)
- Representative of Arcarus- [Haythum Pierce] (A sly, cunning, yet intelligent man who dislikes barbarian mindsets like Rugos. He desires advancement of Leginian knowledge and unity, age: 34)
- Representative of Gaia- [Nayomi Black] (A young, beautiful, yet fierce woman who serves for her people and wants nothing more but peace and tranquility. Age: 26)
- Kisheto Yashime
- Belle Ellery
- Miria Kilis
- Dahlia Bertram
- Jiao Mei-Xue (Mei)
- Caleb Saden
- Brutus Stormcloak
- Deekin Alark
- Articus Amelle
- Alek Dalmi
- Eizanya Keteri
- Moerdiel Keteri
- Yuria Havenguul
To create your own faction, PM a GM!
HTML Code:[b][u]Name[/u][/b][u][/u]: [b]Age[/b]: [b]Gender[/b] [b]Sexuality[/b] [b]Birthplace[/b]: (you must at least include a province) [b]Current Home[/b]: (at least include a province, if you're nomadic, state where you are right now) [b][u]Personality:[/u][/b][u][/u] (just say how your character acts in certain situations and describe his/her general personality) [b][u]Bio:[/u][/b][u][/u] (include your history) [b][u]Appearance[/u][/b][u][/u]: [spoiler][img](URL OF YOUR APPEARANCE PIC HERE)[/img][/spoiler] [b][u]Special Traits/Weapons[/u][/b][u][/u]: [spoiler](LIST ANY UNIQUE SKILLS LIKE "really agile" OR "really strong" HERE!) (ALSO LIST ANY WEAPONS YOUR CHARACTER USES!) [/spoiler] [b][u]Theme Song[/u][/b][u][/u]: [video](INSTERT VIDEO URL HERE)[/video] ----------------------- [b][u]Kage Type[/u][/b][u][/u]: Kamikage/Onikage? [b][u]Kage Name[/u][/b][u][/u]: Do you want us to know your kage's name off the bat? [b][u]Kage Primary Power[/u][/b][u][/u]: (Not too OP, and you can't use time travel. The stronger the power, the heavier the cost/cooldown/recoil) [b][u]Kage Secondary Power[/u][/b][u][/u]: (your primary power must not be too strong in order to have a secondary) [b][u]Kage Personality/Description:[/u][/b][u][/u] (remember, kage's are sentinent beings! If you have a good idea of how you want your kage to be, state it here!)
- You can make up cities/locations as long as they follow the description of the province it is in. Don't god mode and start being rulers now! Unless your character is accepted as a leader, you can't be one right away!
- You can make up creatures, but keep it flowing! We don't want to destroy the plot by an over abundance of random creatures that are in the wrong place at the wrong time! Think Earth, but with a twist of alien-like creatures!
- Think of cores as the elemental stones of pokemon you used to evolve pokemon! If you don't know what pokemon is... wtf?! Nah, jk, but think of them as gems with elemental energy- the bigger the gem, the more the energy!
- Kages can talk to you in your mind, or out loud if your spirit is high enough and they start emitting their own spirit through
- Technology is flexible: if you have an idea of technology (weapon/vehicle/etc) just PM a GM!