"Burn the heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean."
The Codex Ordo
The Holy Orders of The Emperor's Inquisition (The Inquisition)
Name of Sect:
The Imperial Vanguard
The Imperial Vanguard was a unified effort between the Ordo Hereticus and Ordo Xenos, to route out Genestealer Cults in the Jericho Reach, due to the imminent presence of Hive Fleet Dagon. The usually competitive branches of the Inquisition merging together due to a particularly strong bond between two Inquisitors, that of Lord Inquisitor Cornelius of the Ordo Hereticus and Inquisitor Ilena of the Ordo Xenos, the former's daughter. The effort originally proved highly effective, the academic experience of the Ordo Xenos combined with the experience of their Hereticus counterparts in routing out the nefarious elements of human society. However, the Vanguard was lost in the warp shadow of the Hive Fleet and after years of no contact, was declared to be missing, assumed destroyed. While this has not officially been rectified, neither has their relevant privileges been revoked, so now that the Vanguard has resurfaced, far from their original location, they are still a recognized branch of the Imperium.
That said, Inquisitor Lord Cornelius has not resurfaced with the rest of the Vanguard, suggesting that he did not survive whatever conflict against the Hive Fleet, and later within the warp, occured. The Ordo Hereticus elements of the fighting force appear now to answer to his daughter, having not received orders contrary to this. Since arriving in the local area, the Vanguard Fleet, comprising of a Black Ship and two Cobra class frigates, have been active, if distant from other Imperial Factions, monitoring both them and local populations for corruption, as well as surgically striking at any present threats. This approach hasn't exactly built bonds, although neither has it burnt them, remaining seemingly aloof since appearing out of the warp.
The Vanguard has two distinct fighting styles, that of agency and direct conflict. In the former, a very limited number of individuals is deployed, barely more than the Inquisitor's retinue, to route out hidden threats among human populations, remaining non-overt, very rarely betraying their identify as agents of the Inquisition, Ilene favoring the soft touch in this regard. In the event that the full force of the Vanguard has to be put into place, Inquisitorial Stormtroopers and Sisters of Battle hold the line, while the Deathwatch are used as shock troops to break the enemy, or support where the fighting is thickest. If on the offensive, the Vanguard strikes hard and fast sporadically, remaining unpredictable and relying on short bursts of damage to crush the enemy.
. : Inquisitorial Headquarters : .
Inquisitor Ilena Tevrin
Ilena is not your typical Inquisitor, subscribing to the theory that one does not have to blunder in, guns blazing, to route out the enemies of mankind, be they alien or chaotic. That is not to say she is any less fierce in her pursuit of such foes, simply that they do not see her coming. Ilena has had the hardline of Inquisitorial doctine drilled into her for her entire life, having the rare 'pleasure' of being the child of a radical Inquisitor, one who was more interested in creating the perfect agent of the Imperium, than in raising a child. But then, father issues are the least of anyones worries in the galaxy, and so she rarely has the opportunity to feel bitter about this.
Both her own charisma and continued success has bound the Vanguard to her, they are more than simply following the daughter of their previous leader, they are loyal to Ilena Tevrin, would die at her command despite the official orders bounding them to the Vanguard being decades old (in real space) by this point. She isn't superior in the same way that her father was, but still maintains a strict chain of command, only brooking criticism from her closest advisers, and only then in private.
- Resists Chaos - This character is impervious to the constant whispers and taints of the Warp. As a result, this character and those close to this character cannot be turned to Chaos.
- Inspiring - This character's fervor inspires all nearby warriors to fight with greater zeal. As a result, battles this character takes place in will provide morale bonuses to allied factions.
- The Inquisition - The Ordo Xenos prevents the forces of the Inquisition from ever making any pacts of alliances with any race that isn't human. As a result, expect all alien factions to constantly be hostile towards you.
- Stubborn - Whether it be a rainy day or a barrage of artillery fire, this character's always ready to fight. As a result, this character and the troops this character commands will not suffer negative morale penalties occurring from the environment.
- Weaker than Most - Although not a pushover by any means, this character's more suited for administration than frontline combat. As a result, this character's combat abilities may not exactly become legendary tales to be told time and time again.
Will be issued later, keep blank for now.
. : Inquisitorial Elite : .
Faction Honour Guard
Name of Honour Guard:
The Tevrin Retinue.
Kyla the Bound (Cartoony, chaotic imagery removed)
5 Sister Veterans
As seen in images, one sister is equipped with a melta gun.
. : Troop Choices : .
Via a dice roll, you will be able to field a certain amount of units depending on the roll.
. : Mechanized Units : .