IC is here: http://roleplayerguild.com/showthrea...igin-Squad-GO!
When mankind reached the end of our solar system, we could go no further, so means for interstellar travel were developed. Once we had a safe and workable system, a human test was performed that would simply transport the pilot and her craft from one end of the solar system to the other. When she reappeared at her destination, another craft also reappeared next to hers. This was highly unusual as such an event did not occur with previous tests involving empty craft aor ones with animals and plants in it. The mystery craft was taken in for study and investigation, but it divulged its secrets willingly, in fact, it was engineered to communicate directly with us. Within, it contained the secrets to technology several steps beyond our own, but close enough for us to make the leaps necessary to achieve them within a short span of time. Most unsettling, however, was the message it came with. A ball of light, that could visually display every written language, speak every spoken language, and even gesture every sign language, told us only this, “You are now ready. May fortune be with you.”
The mystery craft has since been called the Origin Core, and all technologies derived from it have been called Origin Technology. Using interstellar travel technology, we sent out Arks and started reaching out to other systems with habitable planets and exotic new resources. That’s when we encountered The Chess. In their most common form, they resemble tall, black or white tapered pillars with ornate decorations, resembling chess pieces, hence the name we gave them. We know very little about them, only that they are everywhere we turn, in every system capable of supporting life except our own. They ignore us when we travel, but the moment we attempt to place a foothold, start a colony, build a structure, plant a single flag, they attack, slowly at first, but eventually wiping out entire arks. They do not communicate and we cannot communicate with them. But they learn and adapt. We sent Arks armed with military personnel, achieving great success, but they eventually found weaknesses and rendered our military power ineffective. Our next response was creating a response system that was equally adaptable, the Origin Squad, but few individuals are capable of handling the Origin System ,so a few individuals are tested and hand picked foreach Ark. You are one of the Origin Squad members, the best of the best, trained to handle an unknown, and ever evolving threat, to protect the millions of lives in your ark.
What you need to know as an Origin Squad member:
- Magic: Believe it or not, the Origin Core gave us various extremely safe genetic modifications that were tested at first, but have since been fully integrated into the entire human genome. But magic is a fickle thing, even if everyone potentially has the genes for it, still not everyone can wield it, or wield it well, magical aptitude being strongly affected by environmental/developmental factors.
- Energy Weapons: Commonly in the form of firearms, the main benefit to having an energy weapon is never having to worry about running out of ammunition. The strength of the individual weapon can be engineered to be weaker than a taser, to being one of the most devastating weapons imaginable. Energy Shielding is thus, the most common form of protection. All Origin Squad members will be outfitted with an advanced energy weapon (usually a firearm) of choice.
- Etherium: A material capable of penetrating Energy Shielding of any level with ease. It is extremely difficult to manufacture and so cannot be made into expendable bullets. Cannot penetrate heavy physical armor. All Origin Squad members will be outfitted with an advanced Etherium Weapon (usually melee) of choice.
- Power Suits: The basic equipment for all Origin Squad members, it provides the wearer with a medium level Energy Shield, and high defense against high-levels of sharp-force and blunt-force trauma. it allows the wearer to survive in various dangerous environments such as space, extreme temperatures, and toxic atmospheres. The Power Suit also amplifies the wearer's latent magical abilities.
- Artificial Intelligence: Using the Origin Technology, mankind has synthesized sentience using a code known as Gotterfunken, the Spark of God. Being enlightened, and knowing the horrors of inequality that we humans have subjected even ourselves to, we have striven to be extra careful not to enslave or exploit artificial intelligence. Any computerized system that is subservient to us are therefore not created with the Spark, and will never achieve sentience. In fact, humans only ever created one being with the Spark, we called her Gaea, Mother of the Second Race. We had left it up to her whether she wished to create more robots like herself and she did. Since then, all artificial sentient lifeforms have not been created by humans, but by their own 'parents', and live alongside mankind in peace.
- Black Chess: Black Chess are heavily armored, but do not typically possess Energy Shields, it is highly recommended to dispatch them with Energy Weapons.
- White Chess: White Chess are typically weakly armored, but do possess Energy Shields, it is highly recommended to dispatch them with Etherium Weapons.
- Pawns: The most basic form of The Chess, they typically attack in large numbers, and resemble tall traffic cones with a sphere at the top. They tend to attack in both colors, forcing Origin Squad members to switch between using your Energy Weapon and your Etherium Weapon.
- Bishops, Knights, Rooks: Larger Chess that may take on non-chess-like shapes. Long-range Chess are designated as Bishops, High-speed Chess are designated as Knights, and Heavy-armor Chess are designated as Rooks. The Queen and King designations have not yet been applied to any Chess yet encountered.
The following is the Character Skeleton, please use it to make your character sheets/applications.
Just copy and paste the HTML, follow the instruction regarding the hider and replace everything within parentheses () with your character's information.
Note: Remove the underscores (_) in the "hider" tags, located before and after the "IMG" tags to ensure that the hider works correctly.
(Credits to Little Fox for the Character Skeleton)HTML Code:[CENTER][_hider=(FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME)][IMG](IMAGE; prefer Anime or Cartoon because of the nature of the RP)[/IMG][/_hider][/CENTER] [INDENT][s]-----------[/s] [U][B]Full Name[/B][/U] (NAME) [U][B]Age[/B][/U] (AGE) [U][B]Gender[/B][/U] (GENDER) [s]-----------[/s] [U][B]Physical Appearance[/B][/U] (WRITTEN DESCRIPTION) [U][B]History[/B][/U] (HISTORY) [U][B]Personality[/B][/U] (PERSONALITY) [s]-----------[/s] [U][B]Color[/B][/U] (COLOR) [U][B]Etherium Weapon[/B][/U] (A MEDIEVAL WEAPON) [U][B]Energy Weapon[/B][/U] (A RANGED WEAPON) [U][B]Magical Element[/B][/U] (GIVE ELEMENT AND APTITUDE ON A SCALE OF 10 TO 10 WITH 10 BEING THE HIGHEST) [U][B]Physical Specialty[/B][/U] (GIVE A PHYSICAL SPECIALTY LIKE STRENGTH, SPEED OR DEFENSE, AND AN APTITUDE REFERRING TO YOUR OVERALL PHYSICAL APTITUDE) [U][B]Other Special Skills[/B][/U] (ANY OTHER SKILLS OR SPECIALTIES) [/INDENT]
The Following are RULES. Please read them.
This is my first attempt at GMing. I will play all essential NPC's, though players are free to make their own NPC's if they would like.
I may get in your face about certain types of characters, not to be mean, just to be preventative when it comes to being OP. Like if you want your character's power to be 'time control', a little alarm will go off in my head and I will confront you about it just to ask you to reconsider, or flesh it out such that there are very clear and distinct limits as to what its capable of. I will generally try to limit the power of all characters (such limits can always be broken for dramatic purposes anyways) since it is a team effort, no single member is expected to be able to do everything. I would really like to discuss in depth while you guys are creating your characters. Abilities, powers, and equipment will unlock over time as the Origin Squad is meant to evolve, so you don't need to go overboard with making your characters super strong from the beginning.
I am generally unable to post on weekends or at night, and I would like to ask all interested players to be able to match my pace. That is, please post regularly, around 1-2 posts per day, preferably not less than 3 posts a week, and hopefully not too many rapid-fire back-and-forths between two posters who happen to be on at the same time or else people will get left behind. And please have patience if any one player (me, or anyone else) doesn't post for three days or so. But do tell people that you might be gone for a while if you can. I'll try to always say "Weekend's here, gotta go," in the OOC to let people know. Don't mean to be a 'post nazi', but these are my preferences. Thanks for getting all the way to the bottom, for your Character application to be accepted, write the word "Rosebud" at the end of your CS.