"We left it behind, the rocks and grass, lakes and streams, mountains and skies. We left behind everything we knew for the greater good of our species. Soon, you shall all do the same." ~ Tarkis Karin, 2836.
The year is 3023, in 2098 the first contact with an alien life form officially occurred, they were friendly. They quickly learned to communicate with humanity and established a peaceful alliance with Humanity. In 2101 humanity was given the technology required to exit the solar system with ease and explore their quadrant of the galaxy. They soon met with the rest of the species inhabiting their home sector, known as Alpha sector. However in 2342 humanity also came into contact with species from the Beta sector. These aliens were far less friendly, they soon began warring with the inhabitants of Alpha sector, what had become commonly known as the First Fight among the human population left a horrific amount of devastation in its wake. It was the first war in known galactic history that left entire planets in ashes. It was ended in 2350 with an uneasy truce, both sides having taken heavy losses. Several years later in 2372 humanity made contact with species from Delta sector, they did not war immediately but it did come to blows within a decade. This war was less intense and seemed to pause at times, but lasted over twenty years. Finally, after years of recovering from fighting on and off, the species' of Alpha made contact with Gamma. This sector did not war with them whatsoever. Among the rest of the sectors wars were fought on and off for hundreds of years until 2828, the red year. This marked the beginning of the first Galactic War, Alpha, Beta, and Delta were all engulfed in conflict until 2833 when, finally, the Gamma quadrant entered. Gamma fought with Alpha and Beta, the Delta's being their allies. It was as if the Galaxy was split right down the middle. Then, what is known as E-Day occurred. In 2836 Tarkis Karin, President of the American Commonwealth, was forced to lead an exodus out of the solar system due to a pressing alien invasion. The Invaders from Gamma sector came directly to the Sol system, ravaging Earth and causing a planetary evacuation withing four weeks. Mars came next, they took it in five days. Today humanity is nothing.
Sorry for my crummy intro, most of you probably didn't read it anyway.
So this is a nation roleplay, however instead of making a map and dividing borders, we're going to divide the galaxy. There are four sections, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta. To sum it up, you will create a species and two-five planets that they control. The more planets you control right off the bat the more strict I will be with your applications, you've been warned. You're going to give the planets names, a capital city, a planetary leadership figure, and a fleet and military size for that planet. You will also create a species, give them traits, a general appearance, etc. This game is going to be diplomacy based. Yes there WILL be war however the majority of interactions should involve some form of diplomacy as we're going to play leadership figures for galactic empires.
The object of the game is simple, expand your empire. The game will end when a species or alliance gains control of the galaxy or when we decide it's time or we all give up. You can expand your empire in a number of ways.
2. Diplomatically demanding a planet
3. Winning a war and demanding a planet.
4. Gaining allies. If there is an alliance, we measure your galactic control as an alliance, not as a species. However their will be a game winner and a species winner. The game winner controls the galaxy so this can be a group of players in an alliance, however the species player is the player who creates the species that excels the most throughout the game. This is to add a layer of intrigue, so players might betray one another.
These rules are pretty simple.
1. You're creating new species, I call it fair game to show racism toward another alien life form. Please don't play if you can't handle that.
2. Romance is cool, but no babies unless you mate with a member of your own species.
3. If a player does not wish to make a species, he or she can ask the founder of another species to play a part in their empire. For instance a player could ask me to be an admiral or diplomat for my empire if they wanted.
4. The galaxy is more or less classified by which side they took in the Galactic War. So Gamma and Delta are associated with eachother just as Alpha and Beta are.
5. If you want to make planets in multiple sectors, they have to be your associate sector. So if you have a planet in Gamma, you can only be part of Gamma or Delta, make sense?
6. Obvious roleplaying rules apply.
Now the species you create will have originated in the sector you make your homeworld in. So if your homeworld is in Alpha, you fought the Gamma's during the war, regardless. If you're in Delta, you fought the Betas. However you can make alliances in or out of your sector. So A gamma can forge an alliance with a Beta.
Alright that's it. I really hope this doesn't look too awful I haven't done one of these in a while now. Please feel free to private message me if you have questions, and please state your interest here. If I get Five people I'll make the OOC thread.