[This RP is Currently OPEN and is due to be edited frequently]
In the name of the Moon, I will right wrongs and triumph over evil--and that means you!
Once upon a time--because that's how all good stories start--there was a kingdom of light. This kingdom was ruled by a beautiful Queen who possessed much power. Despite her subjects happily following her, many envied her power and wished to claim it as their own. For a long time these people lurked in the shadow, corrupting the peoples' thoughts and gaining control over their thoughts, their hearts turning dark with negative emotion. This negativity gave birth to a new power, but unlike the Queen's power, this one was evil, harmful not only to the people but even to the wildlife around them. The dark power threatened to swallow the kingdom whole; while the Queen could do everything just to keep it at bay, she entrusted her power to her daughter, the Princess. She was able to not only banish the darkness, but she was also able to purify the hearts of her people. To keep the dark power from falling into the wrong hands, the Princess fled the kingdom, going as far as space so that no one would ever use the power to harm ever again. Her kingdom wept, and to make sure they never forgot their princess, they made sure to pass down her story through time, dubbing her the Princess of the Stars.
Unlike the last story, this one is much better known. The Sailor Soldiers of Justice are known to awaken to defend the universe at times of need. Neo Queen Serenity and the Moon Kingdom have faded into history as stories, though they are very much real. The Queen led her people to a stage of peace, rebuilding the kingdom, though at the price of having to be disconnected from Earth. However, the power Serenity had is at a hibernation, as all is well. In order to make sure the sleeping power would not fall into the wrong hands, she entrusted said power to a particular person, and sent them to Earth so that when it is needed, new Sailor Soldiers would awaken.
Life became as we know it today, but before we get to the present, there is one little event that occurred that is kind of important. Around five years ago, a very odd meteor shower passed over, resulting in several of them actually landing on Earth. The odd part is that instead of rock, what had become of the meteors were small, colored gems. They were picked up by certain children, who then made wishes. For the next five years, they lived their lives normally with their wishes granted--no matter how impossible they seemed. What they weren't aware of, however, is that the miracles they wanted would eventually come back to ask for payment. Meanwhile, a dark force has been drawn to Earth and has taken to the shadows. They believe that the Princess from the legend is not only real, but that she has assumed a civilian identity. For the most part, they have searched as quietly as possible, causing minor havoc in hopes of drawing her out into the open. They would get no response or even a wave of light until much later.
Presently, there is yet one more meteor shower occurring, and just like before the meteors are very close to Earth. This time, only one lands, and it brings with it yet another surprise...
What has awakened the power within the Sailor Stars is a group calling themselves Albireo. They claim that they are seeking revenge against the reawakened Princess, that because of her, their home planet was destroyed. They seek to obtain her power for their own and have invaded Earth. They have heard rumors that she has taken a civilian identity and has hidden herself among the humans. While this might seem like a small problem, they have taken to harming the innocent and stealing their energy, hoping it will draw the one they seek out of hiding.
- As always, standard RPGuild, with the exception of minor PPing to get people movin'.
- Please make sure that if you decide toparticipate, drop a post every now and then. If you disappear without a warning, you're gonna get kicked out.
- Make sure to have proper spelling.
- First come, first serve. No exceptions. These things tend to get filled up too quickly.
- On that note let's all be mature and not fight about petty things. Duke it out on VM/PM if you please, but not here.
- And on another note I have the right to reject/accept CSs as I see fit. If you continously annoy me and try to shove your ideas down my throat you will also be asked to leave. I'm actually extremely hard to piss off and lord knows I hardly ever reject characters, so if you really do something and are kicked out...you probably earned it.
- I am very open to ideas for future arcs. But until we get to that point, I would like to follow the first I have planned. Please PM me for subplots and I will squeeze you in because I'm sure it's a great idea.
Hey, what gives? I voted for Madoka! Where's that RP?
- Towards the end of the thread I had proposed a hybrid. As such the hybrid was composed of mostly the Sailor Moon plot, as I had that almost entirely written up first. That's why this one is coming out.
Who won the poll anyway?
- Madoka Magica did.
So when is the Madoka Magica OOC coming up?
- Very soon. I'm gonna end up reusing an old OOC I have buried, I just have to make some changes and whatnot.
-Anything else related to the Madoka Magica RP
- Please refer to the old Magical Girl Roleplay Interest Check, or VM your questions.
I want to reserve a planet.
- If you're going to reserve it, I'm going to assume you have this fantastic, super awesome idea for it. So be prepared for that critique.
The planet I want is taken!
- As mentioned, this is a first come, first served. If it turns out like the Interest Check, this thing is gonna get full fast.
I'm a boy and I want to be a Sailor Soldier.
- I know Taneguchi (sp?) originally stated only females could be, but I feel like that's a load of bull. Guys can be Sailor Stars if they want to.
That's cool and all, but maybe I want to be an ally, like Tuxedo Mask.
- No problem. Go for it.
You didn't mention anything about Sailor Moon. Can I be Sailor Moon?
- I am actually slightly on the fence about this because usually whoever is Sailor Moon is automatically deemed the 'strongest', so I don't even know if I really want to include her, or maybe I just play the Moon slot, or if I'll open it up. I have to give it some thought. If you have a good reason as to why you should be, PM me. We'll talk.
What about Mini-Moon?
Are we still doing the Madoka-style combat?
- Yes. We will go wild here. If you think you're OP, you aren't going far enough.
The baddie CS is so...short.
- Because bad guys are simple and cool and mysterious, duh. ;P
For Sailor Stars (Soldiers)
The RP will take place in New York, specifically centering around Times Square, therefore your name can be virtually any ethnicity.
Which Sailor Star are you? Saturn? Mars? Venus? From Mercury to Pluto, the choices are available~
Any age a high school student would be. (14-18)
A Sailor Star is not limited by gender, yay~
This is honestly where I will judge you the most. If I find you cliche, boring, an obvious clone of another character, or even worse a (gasp) Mary Sue, chances are you're gonna hear it.
Picture is alright, however, this appearance would be the civilian identity. Also, try to keep the hair colors realistic.
Sailor Star Form:
Here is where you can go wild. Ladies can use the Sailor Senshi Maker 2.0 found on Deviantart. Gentlemen, I will be more liberal for your forms, I only ask that they stay color coded (Red for Mars, Green for Jupiter, etc, etc.,), mkay?
In the show they were related somewhat to the planet, let's try to keep that trend. If you aren't sure, ask away.
That's right, we get some good old fashioned, corny, over the top, name that doesn't make that much sense attacks. Whoo! We'll start off with three.
A short, two paragraph bio detailing your normal life.
For the Enemy:
I want a star theme. So names can be after constellations.
Just because your evil doesn't mean you don't have a heart! ...or does it...?
No theme for appearance, you can be a big hulky guy with armor or a tiny, adorable puppy for all I care.
Unlike the Stars, your power isn't limited to a theme.
Because we need something to stab the good guys with.