Appearance: Believe it or not, this is a good guy. Bit of a jerk these days, but still a good guy.
Wears red robes outside of battle.
- Bitter and jaded- Towards the end of his life, the loss of his wife turned him from a kind hero dedicated to the people he had defended for much of his life to a cruel tyrant. Whilst he never truly turned down the road of evil, only becoming more disposed to violence and aggression, this was ultimately what lead to his death at the hands of his student Feng Meng and those who had grown to hate him. With the possibility of re-uniting with his wife through the Grail possible, much of this behaviour has abated, but the circumstances of his death remain clear in his mind.
- Innately predisposed to diplomacy- If he can avoid a fight, he'll likely take the opportunity to do so. With the Grail War necessitating the elimination of enemy Servants, this behaviour has been repressed significantly, and his mindset further dilutes it, but a fight that need not happen and could be resolved through words is something he'll treat appropriately.
- Has a great sense of compassion towards ordinary humans- He truly regrets how his behaviour towards the end of his life affected the people he defended, and so he compensates for his foolishness by becoming even more protective of them. Any who would willingly and ignorantly drag those uninvolved with the Grail War into it or carelessly use Noble Phantasms of vast destructive effect will receive his fury. He attempts not to be judgmental in this respect, and appreciates the reasoning of others, but it is a natural feeling that can be easily turned into a powerful force through the appropriate behaviour.
- Pays little mind to 'womanly charm'- He is a man devoted to his wife, and he longs to re-unite with her.
The capacity of Servants to subsist without a Master.
- A: At this rank, the Servant can exist without a Master as long as they have an alternate means of gaining Mana. If there are no means, the Servant is able to last a week before disappearing.
The ability to cancel or diminish the effects of magecraft used against oneself. . Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. (As most of our servants will be meeting magic types from several different series, each with their own types of magic this skill will be told in ranks as opposed to number of verses.)
- D: At this rank, spells E rank and bellow are nulled, and all spells in the area are reduced by 1 rank.
This skill grants a superior visual perception. Supplement long-range aiming and increases dynamic vision. Furthermore, at higher ranks it is possible to acquire precognition and other forms of perception that are beyond normal eyesight (X-ray vision and the sort).
- C: Capable of keeping track of fast moving objects within a range of 4kms from the proper position.
The level of divinity present in the Servant's blood.
- C: The Servant has been either a divine species, a direct descendent of a divine species, or achieved the pinnacle of divinity in a human body. Also, those whose legends are obscured and their Divinity is not clearly established usually attain this rank. At this level the both costs of maintaining the servant and of alterations to the world, are reduced, and the duration of those abilities is slightly increased.
Eternal Bow Mastery:
Prevents degradation of archery skills when under the effect of all hindrances.
- EX: Houyi's skill as an archer is all but impossible to hinder. Unless he loses an arm and so becomes unable to use his bow, his skills will remain completely consistent regardless of conditions.
The power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle. At higher levels the Servant will instantly 'know' when they should attack, defend, and even retreat.
A: The Servant possesses a refined sixth sense that is now close to true precognition, granting them significant bonuses to offense and defense as they anticipate strengths and weaknesses in the opponents moments before they are presented. Bonus effect of reducing by half the penalties caused by obstructed vision and hearing.
Protection From Wind:
Grants a defense against wind-based attacks and effects.
- B: The Servant is immune to most wind-related abilities, being able to hold completely steady and keep their focus when confronted with them.
Bow of the Moon
- Chang'e's Gift
Description: A simple bow given to Houyi by his wife, the Moon Goddess Chang'e. The bow is not in itself famous, and so is comparatively weak for a Noble Phantasm of its age, but has the potent ability of being able to imbow any arrow fired from it with the power of an E-Rank Noble Phantasm, or be used to channel prana and produce arrows of energy on par with conceptual weapons of intermediate power. In a sense, it is more the crystalization of Houyi's archery skills, given physical form in an item of personal importance to him.
- Nine Arrows That Strike Down Nine Suns
Rank: C (A+)
Type: Anti-Unit (Anti-Army)
Description- The ten magic arrows given to Houyi by the God Dijun to incapacitate his sons, the ten Sun Birds whose collective foolishness endangered the mortal world. Houyi was bought to the point where he used nine of these arrows to kill nine of the Sun Birds, only stopping at the last of them with a single arrow remaining. They have two distinct functions; Firstly, they can be used as reclaimable shots, as permanent C-Rank Phantasms. Secondly and more impressively, nine of these arrows may be permanently sacrificed and their use in shooting down the Sun-Birds crystallized into a conceptual effect to deliver a devastating strike with the power of the sun behind it. In simple terms, each of the arrows can be used for a one-time explosion of fire and light that manifests within whatever it strikes, and has sufficient range to cause vast damage those within a hundred meter radius. This use of the arrows is comparable in some respects to that of a Broken Phantasm, and consumes virtually no prana in execution due to the destruction of each arrow providing the energy for the blast.
The Tenth Arrow
- The Strike That Plunges The World Into Darkness
Description- When nine of the ten arrows granted to Houyi by Dijun have been sacrificed through having their crystallized concepts activated, the tenth and final arrow receives a unique conceptual effect; All other abilities of the arrow are sealed, and in drawing it from his quiver, Houyi can call forth a pseudo-Reality Marble into existence around himself and whatever foes are in the area. This space is fully indistinguishable from the section of the world it is called into existence from, with the only notable difference being the lack of people other than Houyi and who-ever he has chosen to take inside of it; and the fact that the sun has taken the form of the last remaining Sun-Bird that Houyi spared. By firing the final arrow within this space and striking down the last Sun-Bird, the space becomes completely devoid of light and warmth; Houyi may overcome the obvious effects of this through use of his Eternal Bow Mastery, Instinct and Clairvoyance, but unless enemy Servants have similar abilities that allow their fighting skills to remain unhindered by the darkness, they will become easy targets. This Noble Phantasm can be only used once, and and consumes vast amounts of prana to sustain. Furthermore, due to the conditions in activating it, Houyi is limited in the damage he can deal out. Once this Noble Phantasm is used, Houyi's only remaining Noble Phantasm is Chang'e's Gift.
- Voice Actor (ENG): Liam O'Brien
- Seiyuu (JP): Koichi Yamadera