My rules are simple, reasonable, and I am not a stickler. Just keep to a few guidelines, and I'll be happy.
1. I'd prefer High Casual role-play, but I won't rip your head off if you only post a paragraph. If you have sufficient quality, then quantity is only secondary. I want no one-liners, but as long as your posts are reasonable quality, then I don't mind shorter lengths--you just need to contribute.
2. I don't expect you to post 20 times a day, but I do expect participation. You signed up for this, so please don't leave me and other RPers hanging. I would preffer at least a post ever couple days, preferably at least 1 post a day. If you go three days without a post, I will PM you asing if you wish to keep participating in the rp.
I would much preffer you to just tell me, either via PM or this OOC thread, if you can no longer participate. Just be honest--that way we can kill off your character, and provide some closure to your part of the story and the other characters involved.
3. This is a mature RP, therefore there are mature themes. Think Fallout. That said, I am not making a porno here, but a fun RP for everyone to enjoy. Any erm..."romance" scenes are to be *fade to black.*
4. You can have multiple characters, just don't overexert yourself. Stick with what you can handle, so you don't burn yourself out, okay?
5. Everyone contributes to the story. I may be the thread creator, but I'm not a "GM" in the classical sense. Everyone can make surprises happen. If we're all just wandering the wastelands, feel free to make a gang of roving lunatics pop up, or some wild animal attack, or anything that fits in with our established universe. This way, we can all be surprised; if everyone can make something happen in the story, rather than just me, it will keep us all on our toes, provide a sense of mystery for us all since nobody will really know exactly what will happen, and hopefully make things more fun
6. Finally, the rule just about every RP will have: NO godmoding. Your character may be some government experiment that got loose prior to apocalyptic events, but you are still (more or less) human (or at very least, mortal). Your character should have vulnerabilites, should be able to die (and therefor act in self-preservation or self-sacrifice given a dangerous situation--just like any real person would). Also, don't forget that there IS a disease around that has some nasty symptoms, even if not directly fatal--keep that in mind as your characters interact with the world
Now sublte manipulation of another person's character is allowed; but only if they have been inactive for 2 days, in which case I will make them act just enough to get the story rolling again. So, again I ask, if you are going to leave, let us know so that we can make appropriate arangements for your character.
With the rules out of the way, lets discuss character creation. This is a very open RP; we have no *set* adventure. Instead, our choices and the creativity of those involved will determine what adventures we have. Your character can be anything that matches the setting of the RP, with the obvious caveat of NO GOD-LIKE characters. Also, this is a slightly sci-fi, post apocalyptic story, with subtle futuristic technology. Therefore, no magic. Mutations are fine, victims of government military experiments are fine too. Just be reasonable.
Just follow the template below for your character sheet. Feel free to include pictures of your character if you wish. This isn't required, it's merely optional. Also, please do NOT POST IN THE IC untill I have given the green flag on your character or characters you wish to create. There might be something about your character I want to discuss before they "go live" so to speak. Don't fear, I try to post at least once a day, and I am subscribed to this thread; I'll be able to accept characters pretty fast
Again, feel free to create more than one, just don't make more than you can personally handle, okay?