This is the OOC thread for a D&D-esque, play-by-post adventure which I will GM/narrate for 3-5 players. =) (Two slots of which are currently filled.)
I've decided on Casual for the level for reasons of clarity, but we will by no means be requiring a post limit or count. I would actually encourage brief posts of maybe a paragraph or two (or three) and not much longer than that so we can keep the game running smoothly and also so combat won't linger on too long. My posts will be mostly descriptive utilizing a cast of NPCs, allowing the players to react to each new scenario with their characters; if you've played a game of table-top, you'll be pretty familiar with how things work. But this will be a role-playing game only, no dice will be involved, so don't sweat that. I'll be (as GM) deciding certain outcomes and other times leaving certain things up to a simple coin-flip. ;D
All the game information and nonsense is located here at our Interest Check thread.
But if you're interested in jumping in, simply go ahead and reply here to apply. =)
We're still in the character creation stage, so now is still a good time to take interest. =D Once we have three approved characters on the list, I'll be opening up the IC thread so play can begin.
And I should probably clarify a few things:
1) Characters can and will die, but I will certainly give you every opportunity to help save yourself. (I'm not heartless. XDDD)
2) I will clarify a post-order once play begins so no one gets leap-frogged and left in the cold. (I always hated getting skipped.)
3) Players will have the power to vote other players out of the party. (If someone is doing more harm than good, it comes down to a group vote that I do not take part in unless you require a tie-breaker.)
4) Karma is a b****. (If you b**** and moan and whine, things will only get worse for you. However, take part and use your brain, and you will surely be rewarded.=) )
5) If you're not having fun, say something! (Sometimes it's no one's fault you're not having fun, but that doesn't mean you should have to suffer for it. Tell us, maybe we can shift the game a little to your liking or you can pull out and tell us farewell. Anything is better than being angry about taking part in a game you're not having fun in. We won't force you to stay.=) )
6) ASK BLOODY QUESTIONS!!! (Seriously. XDDD I don't mind! Ask me what the room looks like, how many people are standing around the bar, if there's something nearby you can grab and use as a weapon, if there are enough shadows to hide in or someplace to access the roof, are there lanterns on the street with open flame, is there a well, a blacksmith, some sort of flammable substance to douse your enemy in...if you're unsure, I don't mind clarifying for you. Not at all. XDDD I expect this OOC thread to be quite active. XDDD)
That's it for now. I'll just be waiting to answer questions and approve characters. =D
Name: Dubhghall Muir (played by: Otomos)
Class/Job: Hunter (I think the class is called Ranger? I don't know if Ursolo can be hunters. I'll change it if need be)
Height: humanoid-form 5' 4" Spirit Bear Form 9 1/2 feet on hind legs
Weight: Humanoid-form 180 pounds, Spirit Bear form 600 pounds(Also will change if need be)
Gear/Possessions: Bow, quiver, arrows, and stone hunting knife
Notable Skills and Talents: Hunting ability, skills to skin and strip meat from prey that has already been killed, knowledge to make weak medicine from herbs.
Background and Personality: Dubhghall grew up within a forest, and feels much more at home in natural areas as opposed to cities or towns, where he would feel a bit of unease. In this sort of case, he can easily be angered or lose control if someone tries to pick a fight with him. Dubhghall's personality is normally calm and serious, but can be a bit laid back at times.