For the Emperor!
(Part 1: Turmoil to Triumph)
- Centered on a non-canon chapter of Space Marines towards the very end of the 41st Millennium called Heretic's Sorrow, one of the Astartes Praeses, who guard Imperial space around the Eye of Terror.
- Roleplays will be episodic in nature, each one ending where I see fit to allow new players to jump in or current players to leave (Should they want to), it will also let returning players jump in without feeling of having missed much.
- Roleplay will feature a lot of combat (It is Warhammer 40K, after all,) but I'm also looking for character development as the players uncover the twists in the plot. Duality and moral consequences will be a highlight.
- Mechanical features, such as stats, perks, etc. (Chosen at character creation) are all done in the background by me to pertain the regular 'play-by-post' feel. (Will be further explained in the OOC)
- While the main focus is on Space Marines, other factions of the Imperium of Man will be playable and have a big role. We may even get a Titan .
- Looking for 4-6 players to form the Squad
- Knowledge of the universe and setting of WH40K is great, but by no means is it required to join. In the OOC I will do a quick "lore summary".
"...in the grim darkness of the far future there is only war."
It is the dawn of the 42nd Millennium, and in the Warp, a presence stirs. The casualties faced by the Imperium of Man after the 12th Black Crusade are still felt as more who had fallen to the taint of the Chaos are put down each day.
But that was nearly eight hundred years ago.
It is now the turning of the Millennium, and the twenty chapters of Astartes whom guard the Eye of Terror are about to realize the importance of their role more than ever before, for the presence felt in the Warp is judged to be yet another Black Crusade from Abaddon the Despoiler.
But tales of turmoil can often lead to tales of great triumph, as goes the story of the freshest chapter to join the Astartes Praeses. Calling themselves the Heretic's Sorrow, their story will be told for countless millennia...
This episodic series of roleplays will center on the story of the Space Marine chapter called Heretic's Sorrow, a fresh chapter sent to reinforce a group of twenty chapters called the Astartes Praeses, who guard Imperial Space around the Eye of Terror, where servants of the Chaos often come and leave through. The first installment, titled 'Turmoil to Triumph', starts in the 999th year of the 41st Millennium, and will poise the Heretic's Sorrow right in the sights of the 13th Black Crusade, the largest mobilization of Imperial and Chaos forces since the Heresy (The most devastating civil war in Imperial history that happened almost ten thousand years ago at the start of the roleplay). It will end as the 13th Black Crusade did, and the second installment will pop up shortly after the first ends to allow players no longer interested to drop out and let new players jump in.
This is just an Interest Check, however, and much more detail should be expected in the OOC, which I will put up if this gets enough interest .