"Life doesn't need to hand me lemons. I can grow them myself and make lemonade."
Daniel "Danny" Green
Danny stands at 5 foot 8 inches tall and 130 pounds. He's not all that big and has a slender frame. He doesn't really work out so his strength isn't that great, but works with what he has. His skin tone is slightly olive toned and he has bright green eyes with auburn red hair that he styles according to the picture above. His body itself is like a plant. He requires more sunlight than the average human and he must stay hydrated at all times. If the things mentioned before aren't done on a regular basis, his skin turns a plant-like green and he becomes severely weak.
Danny is a sweet soul, always doing things to better himself and others. He can come off as quite timid sometimes, but he's outgoing and a ball of energy when around those he knows. He can be highly opinionated and cannot stand when people make a mockery of nature or do anything to harm it. He's the true definition of a tree-hugger and will do anything to protect the environment. Although it is highly unlike him, he can be a bit witty and sarcastic at times when he's around certain people. Danny is very observant and can read a person almost instantly. He is very good at hiding his emotions so if he let's you in, you're someone special. However don't mistake his kind nature for weakness. People often think he's weak because of his ability, and take him for granted. People don't often know that's he's very intelligent for someone his age and has the wit along with it. Danny's always had a sense of humor that could be described as ironic. If someone were to harm flowers, he'd use flowers in a hostile way for revenge. He can be a stickler when it comes to recycling and using products that don't harm nature, so he's constantly on others to trying to lecture them on how not to destroy the Earth.
Plant Manipulation - The power to control plant-life. Users can create, shape and manipulate plants, including wood, vines, plants, even moss and (for practical reasons) fungus, and parts of the plants, such as leaves, seeds, fruits and flowers. The user can cause plants grow, move/attack or even rise from the soil and "walk", mutate plants by rearranging DNA structure, and revive withered or dead plants. They can use their power for defense and support by growing plants from the ground and make them sprout seeds/fruits/berries, or even to possibly use plant chemicals to heal people or objects or manipulate their properties for a wide range of effects. Though less commonly activated by passive users, the ability may deal a series of offensive techniques on a target. Making the plants as weapons enables users to grasp and strike continuously with vines and roots, project thorns at a distance, and quickly regenerate the withering weapons at the userís will. They can cause horticulture found, i.e. wrap of vines, to grow and climb around a target's neck, causing choking, or even strike with plants. A more subtle technique is to release damaging toxins, spores, poisons, and pheromones, affecting targets in which conditions should be treated quickly with ailments.
Contaminant Immunity - (Advanced Immune System) The power to neutralize all existing detrimental contaminants in oneís body. The user is immune to all known poisons, toxins, venoms, viruses, bacteria, and diseases known to man.
**Limitations - Fire, Ice, and even some lightning attacks have severe effects on his plants. Plants in general are very fragile. Harsh Weather and damaging elements can harm plants easily. His ability is practically powerless in areas without plants or at least potential for plants to grow (infertile/barren soil).
- High Intelligence
- Basic Hand-to-Hand Combat
Danny grew up in a stable household with normal parents. He was raised an only child and was home-schooled most of his life until his freshman year of high school. Most of his life, he lacked friends since he did school at home. This affected him when he first started school. He didn't really know how to act socially with other kids his age at the time. He was so used to being with other adults, he felt more mature and above the other students. This rubbed his peers the wrong way which made Danny an easy target for bullying. It also didn't help that he was slightly feminine which subjected to homophobic slurs by some of his male peers. Even though he was attracted to males, he never made it public to anyone because he wanted the taunting to end.
Sooner or later, Danny started to improve socially and started making more friends. It even came to the point where he was completely out with himself and he didn't give a damn what anyone thought. It didn't take too long until he started pestering his friends about saving the environment, recycling, and other things to improve nature. Danny himself is a vegan and doesn't eat, drink, or wear anything from an animal. He soon started a nature club at his school and went around cleaning the campus and petitioning that the school has recycling bins for their waste. Being that he knew a lot about plants and the earth, he was a fitting president. It wasn't until he was 16 that he first discovered his hidden abilities.
Danny and the rest of the members of his club were protesting at a local forest, trying to stop the construction workers from cutting it down. One of the workers came down from their machines and threatened physical harm to them if they didn't move out of the way. The man grabbed Danny by the wrist, activating his abilities. A branch from a nearby tree extended swiftly and knocked the man out. Danny didn't know how this happened and passed it off as some weird accident. It didn't take long for him to realize that he was one of those mutants that they talked about on TV after making a plant grow twice it's size during his science class. He took his power in stride and did good things with it. He helped battle deforestation by growing more trees and making more forests for the animals. He also helped fight hunger by growing fruits and vegetables for people to eat.
Reality slapped him in the face when he realized people didn't like his kind. He was forced to hide his abilities or risk being capture or killed. After graduating high school he practically stayed in doors, fearing to leave his home. He was soon asked to join an institute that catered to people like him. He felt it was best in order to keep him safe. His parents oblivious to the fact that he has powers, he told them that this place was a college for kids who were smarter than the average person. Danny packed his things and left for the institute where he's lived for about 2 years perfecting his powers while also getting a college level education. He's studying to become a Botanist. Danny doesn't want to have to hide his powers. He wants to fight for his rights as a person and end the senseless violence...while also being ozone friendly.
Age: 20 - Power(s): Plant Manipulation; Contaminant Immunity - Relaxed, Cynical, CaringStudents
♥ = romantic || ☺= friends || ☠ = enemies || ◑ = neutral
- ◑Gabriel Scott: I've seen his type every year. That cocky person who thinks he's the shit because he has a cool power, but is clearly overcompensating for something he lacks. I'm not too worried about him. After his first danger room session and first mission, reality will slap him in the face hard and his attitude will become more humbling. He's kind of cute too so it would be a shame if it'll go to waste on a revolting personality. I'm rooting for him.
- Daniel Green: I'm a fabulous bitch. The end.
- ☺Pandora Whittmore: Me and her have a lot in common, strangely. We're both shy, quiet, and a bit reserved but will open up to the right people. I find that really fascinating. Definitely someone I'd be friends with.
- ◑Landon Covar: I really admire this boy. He's very respectable and mature for his age, something that I love in a person. Kind of an oxymoron considering what he can do. He's the true example of "Even in the darkest of places, there's always a bit of light."
- ☺Sarina Saunders: A fellow red-head. I love her already. Although her hair is more bright and mine is more auburn. Ugh, I should die my hair. But anyways, she's really outgoing and confident which is something I strive to be one day. I am to an extent, but its only around certain people. I can since this girl can be a hot head so I'll try not to get her angry. I don't want her torching my plants.
- ◑Josiah Delarme: He's an example of how I would be if I gave up on people. Initially kind and caring to others, but totally loses faith in people. Not that I can blame him. I just hope he'll continue helping others. It's such a satisfying feeling. At first I thought I would be avoiding him with him being religious and all. Religious people don't really like those like me. I haven't really talked to him that much so I don't know where he stands on that issue. It would be hypocritical none the less since he knows what its like to be discriminated against.
- ◑Aaron X: He's a nice guy and you can tell he likes to help people, but him always wanting to fix other's problems and not make himself feel useless will be his downfall. He just needs to be selfless for once. He does seem to avoid me sometimes. I hope I'm not that intimidating.
- ☺Zhayne Spencer: Very down to earth and I like him a lot. He reminds me of myself as well. You can tell he's a bit awkward when you first meet him, but overall he's a nice person to be around and a good positive energy. Very relaxed too I may add.
- ☺Joseph Baker: What an adorable boy this one is. It seems he's the most likable person in the place besides myself and with good reason. He's gonna go far this one, but he needs to learn to defend himself. I myself am a pacifist to a point. If I have to fight, I will which is something everyone in this place needs to learn if they are to survive in this cruel world.
- ◑Casperi VonLudmira: This girl is very mysterious and hard to read. She seems interesting none the less and quite stunning. I know the straight boys will be all over that.
- ◑Roman Black : Split personality is a bit of an understatement. But seeing as what he can do, its no surprise. It must be cool to never be alone. His personality is a bit overwhelming, but overall he's a good person from what I gather.
- ◑Heidi Williams: And they say I'm quiet. She makes it hard to start a conversation with her because she's so reclusive. But from what I hear, she has good morals and is the least likely to ever turn against a human. True X-Men qualities.
- ◑Cyrus Baker: He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He's so freaking tall though. Must be nice. He's quite attractive as well and I love that tree tattoo.
- ◑Jacquinta Del A Sova: He seems like a nice person, but for some reason he looks as if he's hiding something. His past must be interesting. He's not from around here from what I see, but hopefully all will work out well for him here.
- ◑Stephen 'Blank': You can tell he's withdrawn from everyone and isn't much of a people person. I know its hard to put your trust in others, but if he wants to survive around here he better learn. I'm sure he's a nice kid, though. He probably just needs friends. I'm here if he ever needs someone to talk to.
- ◑Peter 'Blank': Just him not having a last name make him look fishy. I don't know about this one. I might have to keep my eye on him.
- ◑Clyde Light: The whole "I hate everyone and everything" is all an act if I've ever seen it. You can tell she's had a shitty past and she's taking it out on everyone else to guard herself from getting hurt again. I may be able to see through it, but others might not and will probably see her as a bitch. I'm sure being around people that actually care about her will change her attitude. She's another I'm rooting for.