Pandora is 166cm (5 foot, 5 inches) tall and weighs 112lbs (8 stones or 50 kg). She has blue eyes and brown hair which falls slightly past her shoulders. She has a slender body with not much muscle, since she isn't very active. Although her eyes are blue, they turn violet when she is using her illusions.
Pandora is a shy girl who tends to worry a lot. She is pretty lazy and would happily spend days in her room if she could. She is not big on sports so doesn't do much exercise beyond brisk walking. She is creative and imaginative which is useful to her, since she dreams of being an artist. She loves all different types of music, some more so than others though.
Pandora highly enjoys playing video games and can get extremely competitive and noisy while playing them. This is part of her nature that she tends to hide from others, simply because she is afraid of how they would respond, and confused on how she should behave. She tries not to stick out on most occasions, but she loves attention from others, mostly because she is not used to it. When she is comfortable with who she is around she loosens up a bit and gradually shows more of her free nature. She is easily startled and scared of many things. As well as that she is emotionally sensitive so can be upset and angered easily.
She is an agnostic-atheist who believes that people should behave the way that they want to be treated. She likes to think outside of the box and imagine herself in wacky and unusual situations.
Pandora uses her powers to create illusions. The illusions themselves are only limited by her mind. She can use illusions to alter what a person sees, hears, smells and even feels. The more detail and senses she wants in her illusions, the more she needs to focus on them.
She has the ability to cast illusions in the space around her, or directly into the minds of others as hallucinations. Hallucinations are easier for her to deal with as she only has to worry about what one or a few people can see.
If her illusion is powerful enough, they can convince the brain that the illusions are real and therefore she can literally kill using her illusions.
She is also capable of casting Psychosomatic illusions, which are so realistic they can actually cause physical damage.
While she needs attention to make illusions, sometimes the lack of it can also create basic images. For example, she can create an illusion of what she imagines while she's daydreaming, without even knowing. Fear and anger increase the intensity of her illusions.
Illusion Limitations -
- Her eyes change to a pale violet color while she uses her illusions, thus revealing she is the one behind them.
- In order to replicate sounds, smells and textures, she needs to have some experience with them. She cannot make a sound she's never heard before, or copy a face she has never seen.
- She can only replicate the senses of a human. Those with enhanced senses may notice the difference and therefore see through her tricks.
- Use of this ability can give her painful migraines which stop her using her abilities.
- Her illusions may not be accurate, for example, she may forget things such as shadows and lighting.
- She can't move when using powerful illusions.
- Pandora is still very unfamiliar with her techniques. She has only ever cast small-scale, basic illusions. Like a muscle, her power must be trained and tested before she knows what she is capable of.
- Those with mental abilities may be able to see through her illusions.
- Hallucinations can be blocked by those with enough mental strength.
- Sometimes her illusions may backfire. Similar to how someone may believe they are seeing things when they are scared, Pandora can create illusions that end up scaring herself, since it is all in her imagination.
Pandora can create a force-field which absorbs and redirects the energy of an attack.
Power Reflection Limitations -
- It cannot block psychic or mental powers, since they do not project energy.
- Her barrier can be overloaded. If it absorbs too much energy it will explode and release all of the energy in a radius around it.
- Pandora must release the energy almost immediately after the barrier absorbs it, or else it could explode or release the energy wildly.
- This barrier can only ever be within a certain range of herself. If she needs to use this to guard someone or something else she will need to be right in front of them or it.
- It can only cover one side of her and it can only reflect something to that general direction.
- She cannot use this along with her illusion technique at all.
- The shield cannot reflect the element of an attack. For example, if it is used to reflect a lightning bolt, it will only be able to reflect it as the energy of the lightning bolt, rather than reflecting it AS the bolt itself.
Pandora is skilled at playing the violin and the piano, but she can only play by ear since she is unable to read sheet music.
She is good at multitasking.
She is talented at art, but it's mostly thanks to her skills, allowing her to better visualize things.
She is philosophical and likes to think outside of the box. She can usually find some kind of argument or loophole to a statement.
Pandora lived in central London with the rest of her family. She lived with her mother, her father and three brothers. Her life was nice and cosy. She never had any major problems. She was a lonely girl but other than that she was content with her life, even if her brothers occasionally drove her to the edge of insanity.
When she started primary school she was often left out. She was often too afraid to ask to play with others so she didn't have many friends when she was young. She did make one or two though, which she stuck to like glue. She feared being left to fend for herself and she often did nothing during the days they weren't in school. She would sometimes just wander around the playground until the breaks ended and they returned to class.
When Secondary school started she had the opportunity to make some new friends, start a new life, but once again her timid nature got the better of her and she didn't bring up the courage to try and meet the new students. She put herself into her studies as a distraction for her loneliness. Eventually she came to focus less and less on her work and became a dreamer, imagining how different things could be, or imagining things that could have happened.
Unfortunately, just as she was settling down she was forced to move. Her family had moved to the United States after her father got a business promotion, but had to move to New York to work there.
Once again, she had trouble fitting in. She was 15 when she found out about her powers. She was sitting through her math class, unable to focus on her work when she wondered what it would be like if a man burst into the classroom with a gun. Sure enough it happened. As soon as she looked up and thought about what a strange occurrence it was, he disappeared. She never thought of it much until she got home. She was trying to describe her vision to her mother. Frustrated that she wasn't believed, she managed to create an image of the man again. It was just for a moment, but it was long enough for them both to have seen it.
Her mother was always supportive, yet fearful. She loved her daughter, but she hated the mutant. Pandora also feared what she was. She couldn't understand why she had to be one of them. Her brothers never mentioned it, but Pandora knew they hated her. Knew they feared her. She became an outcast to everyone, her own family.
Desperate for an escape, she tried to run away from home. It was while she was out when she witnessed the brutality for herself. She had seen a mutant being beaten for what he was. She didn't stay for long. As soon as she realized what was happening she ran home again. Her parents were oblivious to this journey she had taken, but didn't care enough to ask about her sudden change in behavior.
Pandora began to fear for her life. She could imagine having to go through what she saw. Eventually her own illusions began to torture her as she placed herself in the mutant's position. She started to feel a hatred for herself, afraid of her own powers, what might happen since she can't fully control them.
As soon as she found out about Xavier's School for Higher Learning she jumped at the chance to attend it.
It didn't matter what it was like or what she would do, Pandora longed for the feeling of acceptance which she had long since forgotten.