At 6'2, it's no surprise that Zhayne is easily noticed, and he seems to take a little bit of pride in the fact that he sometimes has to bend his head under archways to fit under them. His body is slender, and his skin wraps tightly around thickly veined muscles, he is by no means a body builder of any sort but seems to harbor some sort of modicum of strength and finesse in his bones. His lofty stance gives way to a young man who looks a bit frail but is stronger than he seems. His skin is a light brown due to his mixed ancestry, and his face is well proportioned, one could argue that he looks handsome for his age, but Zhay would probably laugh at the assumption. Features like his dark brown eyes seem to keep people focused on him whenever he grasps their attention, and blend well with his face. Arguably, his most noticeable feature is his long dreaded hair which is usually kept in a twisted ponytail or obscured by some hat. Often times he has others touching that long hair of his, which annoys him to no end since he usually asked questions about the upkeep or how long it's taken to grow it out. As far as he's concerned it's been this way since early childhood and he isn't all too eager to cut it off anytime soon at the behest of those claiming he could never get a job because of it. (if that wasn't already compounded by the fact that he was a mutant...) Normally you'll find him wearing a long sleeved shirt, or a hoodie, and some jeans, along with roughed up Nikes to boot, he isn't too in tune with his fashion and will wear anything sprawled on his dorm room floor.
Zhayne (Jah-ne) Spencer
Zayne would consider himself to be a very practical person, down to earth, and as nice as time could afford. He always been labeled as rather relaxed, and mellow, and never finds it hard to adapt to his surroundings. He is calm and analytic, but slow at first approach whenever faced with a dilemma, it usually takes him some time to be open with others, but despite the small number of friends he has acquainted himself with, he is kind and generous to no fault. Disregarding his sometimes strange and awkward moments, Zhayne can be a true joy to be around once you learn to gain his trust. He is diligent about testing those he feels he can trust, and is always better in a small group of friends, though in hindsight the slow approach is the reason why he hasn't much experience in romantic relationships, and he be quite nervous when anyone asks him about his interactions, he isn't even quite sure himself, at 19 he should have at least laid claim to being with one person. He tends to come across at shy because of his preference of silence, while this is true to an extent, his intentions are often misunderstood, especially when trying to gain new friends.
Yet, even with his bashfulness at times he isn't afraid to be who is, or show off a bit of his anger streak when others cross him the wrong way. Perhaps an interesting part of his personality is his sexuality, he has admitted to being openly homosexual, but is coy in delivering the terms to others, which either surprises them or doesn't. Despite being somewhat quiet, and observant, when put into danger Zhayne has shown many times that he is capable of defending himself, or crafty at escaping lest the situation calls for it, those who claim him to be a slow thinker, may not realize that it's effective to the way he methodically attacks. He can be taciturn, and stubborn when he feels he needs to be, and gets annoyed when things don't go his way. At his worst he can be self-indulgent, lazy, and even downright uncaring, at his best he is kind, generous, and intelligent. He would say that he is a perfect balance between the two.
Animal Mimicry: Zhayne has the ability to mimic various abilities attributed to certain animals, like for example; being able to grow gills and breathe underwater like a fish, to run with the speed of a cheetah, or fly like a bird. This has advanced to the point that he can communicate loosely with other animals, his most recent experience being that with a chimp. The setback of these abilities is the fact that Zhayne needs to study said animal in order to duplicate the effect, and using mimicry can be hit or miss if he doesn't take care to practice. Having yourself unable to reassure your natural breathing habits for a whole day after figuring out how to actually mimic fish gills was a rather transformative experience for the young man, for one, he learned that it's never pleasant to have to tie a plastic bag full of water over your gills just to function. Childhood experiences has helped him gain a slew of abilities, though their usefulness depends on the situation, so he finds it better to let this ability become a convenience for impressing others, or showing his powers off when suitable.
Animal Shapeshifting: New to Zhayne is the ability to take the form of animals, an ability that he came upon accidentally a few months before enrolling. Since then he's found it to be more of a burden than an actual help, and he has actual fears using this power. The first time when he transformed he took on the form of a cat, which scared him to say the least, not knowing what happened to his body, and having very little control over the events surrounding him. The worse of it though was transforming back, the pain of which turned him off to transform again (not to mention the sudden lack of clothing). Even weeks after the transformation he was left with strange aftereffects, just as sharp claws, sharpened pupils but no night vision, and he could recall shedding hair much more quickly than any normal human. Since then, he's been trying to keep this ability under wraps and instead resort to everyone thinking that he only has one ability, and isn't much of a threat according to the Danger Scale. He fears he will have to get over his fear regardless, and will need his powers when push comes to shove.
-Brawling (knows enough to get him through superficial fights, and to defend himself)
-Free Jumping (very useful when you have the agility of a cat)
Shame how the boy was robbed of a childhood early in his life. For him, the first sensation he could clearly recall was the smell of cinnamon, and the fact that wherever he lived, the walls never seemed to be dry, and was always slick with water from the incessant boiling of a pot under a stove that he could never reach with his tiny stature. Then came an uneasy period, lots of fighting and shouting, things muttered like mutant!, freak!, we can't afford that!. Zhayne was only half aware of some of things around him, and paid less and less attention with the yelling would occur. After that, being awoken from the only decent sleep he could ever remember having, and then being thrusted into the back seat of car, it seemed even in his sleepy stupor that the window burned with a fiery glow, like the night had suddenly borrowed rays from the sun. Little did he know about the riots that occurred that night, the riots near his place of residency, even to this day when he tried to recall the event, the memory is fresh in his skull, angry faces, traffic abuzz, frantic breaths from the driver of the car. Somehow the two were able to escape the now ruins of his former hometown, and drove for miles. At this point, he made sure to commit more to his memory than the things he felt he should avoid just because he was a child.
The person he escaped with was his father, and he could only assume that the worse happened to his mother, or perhaps she felt it better to leave him in another's hands, he would never know since he'd never, met the woman, or felt the need to. He can at least have some type of solace in knowing that there was a time she wanted him, until (according to his father) when she held him a few months after his birth in the dark, and his pupils grew feline in shape. Afterwards, (he recounts humorously) they got rid of the cat, but the incidents never stopped there. It was only when he was five that his father was given the motivation to leave, he was forced by the riots, to think that someone could harbor such hatred for his child was an unbearable thought, it was already obvious by the way other kids were told to avoid Zhayne that others were catching on, he would be targeted, and who knows what else. The two of them spent 3 years on the road, motels, and gaudy fast food seemed to serve them well enough, he moved from school to school, and never found a way to stick. Of course there were still incidents here and there, people still had a tendency to look at him strangely, and then his father was once again forced to whisk him away elsewhere, at one point it became damaging to the point that he found it difficult to communicate with others in fear that they would somehow see the fact that he was mutant. It was at that time that his father took him away again, far into the more nature bound places, his grandmother had long owned a vast amount of land, and was all too eager to offer a place for her son and grandson even knowing their predicament.
That was probably the most enjoyable part of his life, the period of time where his abilities were greatly expanded upon. A lush forest seemed to jut out a little ways from the Victorian styled architecture of his grandmother's house, and from there he was able to pick up a slew of abilities, both strange and entertaining to his Father and Grandmother. His father secured an obscure job in the small town a little ways from the land, and with Zhayne attending school he was able to control his abilities for the sake of keeping his identity safe. Years went pass, and for once Zhayne felt he had a home, and a permanent place to stay, he was comfortable enough with the people raising him to even reveal his sexuality, and they were just as accepting as they were of his mutant abilities, though of course it wouldn't be until he was 17 that things seemed to naturally spiral downwards. It wasn't long until popular opinion of mutants seemed to reach the little peaceful town, and things became terse for the small family. Zhayne felt himself rather bored with the fact that he couldn't completely be himself. When discussing the problem in a class of his, Zhayne was too adamant about his stance on mutants, and attracted the attention of a few students, whose beliefs opposed his own. Months later, when shopping in one of the small shops in town, just a few weeks since his graduation, you couldn't even say the word Mutant without being looked strangely, somehow the mention of such always had to be negative. He would find one of his old colleagues, drunken, gun at hand, idiotically robbing a store that he gone to for nearly years. Zhayne would find himself trying to reason with him, until the gun was turned on him, slurs were thrown his way, none of which he'd ever want spurted at him ever again. When it became apparent that the gun was close to firing in his face, he felt the world shift and his body shrink, the gun slipping out of the grasp of the offender, and a small dark body racing out the store as fast as it could. Unaware of just where it was going or why, just running for the sake of running.
When exhaustion finally met up with the feline, it stopped dead in the middle of nowhere panting, reverting back painfully into it's human form, blistering rain seemed to sweep over Zhayne, and for whatever reason he was nude, and hurting in places he'd rather not speak about. After that, everything seemed to wash into a blur, similar to how his early childhood occurred. All he knew is that he wanted to hear nothing of mutants, or powers, and simply wished for a way out. He was able to find places to sleep, odd, low paying jobs that helped him acquire shelter and food to eat for a short time. For the longest it seemed he lived only to live, before he knew it a full year had passed until he heard about the Institute, he heralded the courage to travel to the Institute and craft a new life for himself, but time can only tell when he find it worthwhile to even have powers in the first place.
19 - Animal Mimicry/Animal Manipulation - Mellow, Friendly, Anxious
♥ = romantic || ☺= friends || ☠ = enemies || ◑ = neutral
- Gabriel Scott: ◑: He seems to be on everyone's radar without even trying to, I'm not sure what to think about him, but from how everyone else seems to react to him, it's probably going to be me initially favoring him or hating him. Apparently, from the whispering and yelling, he's a...pervert? We'll see...
- Daniel Green: ◑: Nice, but quiet, like me, but we've yet to meet, really a shame, he seems interesting.
- Pandora Whittmore: ◑/☺: The first person I got around to meeting here, It's hasn't been too long, but I have a feeling that she isn't one of those flighty friends, and she's awfully kind. I think if this continues we could be really good colleagues.
- Landon Covar:◑/☺: It's not too out there for me to assume that we could be good friends if we were to meet, at least I hope.
- Sarina Saunders : ◑: From what I've heard her eyes are real mystifying, and I'm trying to figure out where I get off wanting to see a person's eyes, before I even get to know them??
- Josiah Delarme : ◑: He seems like someone who wouldn't want my presence around him, a bit too virtuous for me, it seems he needs to mellow out a bit.
- Aaron X :◑/☺: He looks like a grower, someone you have to know on a personal level to really understand why he is the way he is, I wouldn't put it past me to say that friendship is a possible route.
- Zhayne Spencer : ☺/☠: It's easy liking myself, but it's not easy liking my decisions.
- Joseph Baker:◑/☺: Helpful, that's at least the first impression I had of him, seems to be one of the few students who doesn't mind being himself, I can admire that.
- Casperi VonLudmira: ◑: Not too fond of her, and I'm thinking she wouldn't be of me either, a bit catty, but I would never admit that in front of her she seems like a force to reckon with.
- Roman Black : ◑: I just have the quirkiest feeling that'd it be difficult getting to know him the most.
- Heidi Williams: ◑: I can hardly say I know much about her, but maybe it'd be better for me to approach than to wait for her too, hm?
- Cyrus Baker:◑/☺: 6'2 and not a quarter of an inch bigger, if it doesn't make me feel better that my freakishly tall height can be matched with another I don't know what else could, like Pandora there is always more time in the year to expand out a possible friendship, he comes off to me as good company to keep anyways.
- Jacquinta Del A Sova: ◑/☺: He seems to have a flavorful personality, but something tells me there is a deeper layer to him than most would think, so I do find myself keeping an eye out for him with no particular reasoning as to why.
- Stephen: ◑: Like many of the students here, I can kind of see some jaded veil over him, maybe I'm the only one who wishes for someone who wasn't so haunted by their past, but I'm one to talk.
Sorry about the majority of them being assumptions, I tried. If you want anything changed, or want to invite an interesting relation feel free to PM me!
Last edited by HellOfALife; 09-04-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Name: Joseph Baker
Danger Rank: 3
Joseph is a young man of average height at around 5 foot 7 and weights around at 140 pounds. Hi skin tone is olive with a light tan. He is fairly muscular and athletic like the majority of the students because of their rigorous training and exercise. He has dark colored eyes and a dark brown hair swept to the side.
Joseph is a nice guy who gives off the ďguy next doorĒ vibe. He is sweet, caring and generally the type of guy a girl or maybe even a guy would bring home to his parents. Friendly and personable Joseph is the guy who everyone likes and chances are he likes you too, but Joseph is not without his flaws. He is pacifistic and unsuited to a life of battle. His first instinct is to run away from the danger and into somewhere safe. In a fight he would be the type that would be carrying his teammates away if itís possible to get away, if he canít then heíll stay away from the danger as much as possible, provide support in any way he can, and if he has to fight then he'll fight in self-defense. In spite of his inability to fight like a warrior Joseph is a good person who cares for his friends and will always be there for those who need him even at the cost if his physical and mental safety.
Joseph has the ability to sprout a pair of blue translucent and intangible wings from his back. The wings allow him to fly and perform various aerial maneuvers as long as he can maintain their form. His ability is somewhat limited in that they only allow him to fly and flight isn't that useful unless he was a flying brick, but having the ability in itself is fun and he is not shy of using it at his own personal convenience. Another perk of having his wings is that he can make them appear at will and when they do sprout from his back they are intangible allowing him to easily blend in with the crowd and hide if he needs to, and not have to worry about having two large targets right next to him. The fact that they are intangible is worrying in that if they are intangible they shouldn't let him fly so he worries on occasion that sometimes heíll just drop, but he hasn't yet and if he does he has a countermeasure, his other ability.
Another part of his mutation is the ability to breathe out a cold and freezing wind. Its ability to freeze is limited in that it only freezes the things it has immediate contact with which is enough to break off if the enemy has super strength or can shoot lasers, but what makes this ability an asset is that because of it's area of effect capabilities by cooling the air around him he can cause severe hypothermia around him, numbing and making people pass out.
There are very few limitations to his powers, but because of his own personal reasons and lack of desire to fight he has created his already preexisting flaws. His ability to fly is dependent on his own mental ability to manifest and maintain the physical form of his wings. If he for some reason getís too distracted they will fade out into existence. Flying in itself is tiring, but carrying others and flying just by flapping his wings takes a huge toll on his mind. His freezing ability although powerful is not something he has perfect control off as such if someone was to redirect his breath he can accidentally freeze an ally or someone innocent if he doesn't close his mouth. Another drawback is that his ability to create the breeze is solely dependent on how much air he can expel and how long he can maintain it, if he stops the breeze for even one second then the momentum stops and heíll have to create a new one again so if if he is unable to breathe properly his ice breathe won't function.
His reluctance to fight head on has always diminished his hand to hand combat ability to their basic form, but what he lacks infighting ability he makes up for strategy and wit which has been one the few things that allow him to keep up with the more insanely powered mutant in his school.
Outside of the battlefield he is a scientist and a healer. As a mutant and before he became a mutant he has always been interested in mutants and their various powers as well as their biology and how their mutation works. While he is far from being a scientist on the levels of Dr. Mccoy and D. Rao he is well on his way to become one if he manages to survive his few remaining years at the institute. In terms of healing he is no doctor or a military doctor, but he knows his way around a the schoolís sick bay and operating room.
Joseph is from a normal town in Connecticut, not grand, but not small just average and just like any other town in Connecticut. In this town it was either everyone knew everyone or you were a tourist visiting their town for their peaceful and quaint lifestyle. Living there was peaceful and nice, but not for a mutant. Joseph was lucky in that he had the ability to hide his ability ever since they first manifested when he was 15 and that his parents were accepting of him. Of course he wasnít allowed to use his powers in public or tell anyone, but he was still lucky that he even had and that if he was careful he can fly to and from places quickly, but not everyone is lucky.
It had been a few months since his discover of powers when a certain incident happened. This incident centered around a schoolmate of Josephís not a friend, but someone he knew Lucas. Unlike Joseph who manifested his powers while he was asleep this person manifested his while in school and unlike Joseph who had the rather harmless ability to fly and freeze things when he wanted to Lucas had the rather dangerous ability of telekinesis. In the hand of an expert and telekinetic can make life easier, but at the hand of someone inexperienced it could cause severe damage to everyone around him. Lucas was little too unfortunate that when his telekinesis first popped up he blew the wall right off the classroom landing several feet away.
The whole thing was a disaster, but luckily no person was seriously hurt or damaged, but then again when Lucas was found out as a mutant people instantly disregarded him as a person. It was obvious that Lucas was not in control of his abilities at the time, but the police didnít see it that way. They saw it as a rogue monster on path of destruction instead of a helpless teenager who canít control his own powers. They shot him multiple times until Lucas bled to death.
It was horrible. It was on the news. It made Lucas the villain of this short story. It made his parents become outcasts and were forced to leave town. This whole event was a slap to Josephs face, but it was a much needed slap.
He couldn't live a normal life in this town if he had to hide who he was and he would never be able to live with himself if people found out that his parents have been hiding him. He didn't want what happened with Lucas an his family happen to him and his family. It was a week after the whole incident with Lucas when he and his parents contacted the institute. It was a sad farewell, but it was peaceful, quiet and didn't raise any alarms.
Joseph Baker AKA Bluejay
17 - Ice Breath/Flight - friendly, social, boy socut
♥ = romantic || ☺= friends || ☠ = enemies || ◑ = neutral
- Gabriel Scott: ◑ The guy's still someone I can't exactly go along with, but it seems like this place is doing good for him. I'll still keep an eye out for him though. I don't trust him just yet.
- Daniel Green:☺ I likes Danny, heís a nice guy and all around sweetheart and easy to get along with, but because of the age difference thereís not a lot going on between us. Of course I know he can a bit extreme with his tree hugging qualities, but itís nothing to get annoyed with.
- Sarina Saunders : ☺ Our powers work against each other so I didn't think we'll be a good match, but she's a good person so I don't mind it much. We just won't be touching each other anytime soon.
- Aaron X : ☺(♥) He's one of my closest friends and he's really important to me. And yes I can finally say it with confidence that he is like Lucas.
- Zhayne Spencer : ☺He seems cool, very easy going and relaxed. Much like Pandora I'm worried that maybe being here won't work out much, but I'm hoping for the best since there's not a lot of safe places out there.
- Roman Black : ◑(☺) I've seen a bunch of him around from what I gather he's pretty okay to be with.
- Heidi Williams: ◑(☺) I like her. She's smart, responsible and handles herself quite well. If given a chance Iíd really like to talk to her more. I've seen her work in the danger room so I know that if she's leading I can trust her enough.
- Cyrus Baker: ◑ He seems like a an okay guy and from the fact alone that they share the same last name I can feel a sort of bond between them, but a lot like Danny he is older than me so thereís that residual feeling of awkwardness.
- Stephen 'Blank': ◑ He's very shy and almost fragile like kind of like Aaron, but a bit worse in my opinion, but I hope that changes soon. Like a lot of the new students I'm kind for him.
- Peter 'Blank': ◑ I'm not particularly worried about him like the other new students since he seems like he can handle himself quite well. I'm quite interested in his powers, not the wave emission, but his skin. Yes it seems weird, but in this place that's not anything new. If possible i'd like to take a sample of that skin and see what makes it glow like that.
- Clyde Light: ◑ (☠) She's trouble and that's pretty obvious. I'll keep my an eye out for her, but not too close since she seems like the type that doesn't like being watched or observed.
- Alexander Warren: ☺ He's a very cool guy. I admire his courage for doing what he did though dropping out of school like that. I envy a little bit of that really.
- Booker Hendrix: ◑(☺) He's a lot like Heidi, smart and responsible. His powers are also quite cool so there's that. He'a bit hard to approach sometimes, but that's okay since there's a lot of those around here. I'd like to work with him too and try out the limitations of his psychic constructs.
- Caleb Idlett: ☺ From my perspective we get along quite well or at least I think we do, I'm not exactly a mind reader. For the most part he reminds me of me before I got my mutant powers and came here and I quite like myself so I quite like him as well.
- Loren Summers: ☺ Loren is a nice girl and we get along well which is probably because I've met a lot of people like her in my home town. She's one of the few normal ones here, well the ones that have managed to stay relatively sane that being said she is a very powerful mutant and I'd hate to be on the wrong end of one of her attacks.
- Landon Covar:☺ He's a pretty nice guy from what I gathered and he kind of reminds me of me. I feel like he's a bit reluctant on things sometimes, not sure yet on what about.
- Ashlynn Lua Rozen: ☺(♥) Ash is a very sweet girl in spite of her initial introversion and temper anyone, or maybe it's just me that easily understand that she's sweet and cares for the people around her. Shes on my list of people I know I can rely on and I like spending my time with, but then again I have a lot of people on that list.
- Josiah Delarme : ◑(☺) I think he's a cool guy especially because of his powers, which are amazing. I'd like to work with him more and study his powers if I can, but if not then I think it's fine if we just hang.
- Pandora Whittmore: ☺(♥ ) She seems like a good person, kind of shy, but itís nothing to get too worked up about. I am a bit scared for for her knowing what happens in the mansion and I hope she can cope well because from what I can tell she seems like the most normal person here and that's a rarity in this place.
- Casperi VonLudmira: ◑ She seems like a nice girl enough, but I havent seen enough of her yet.
- Jacquinta Del A Sova: ◑ Personally he seems like a nice guy, but other than that I don't really think there's anything else we could bond with, but if he needs a friend then sure why not.
Last edited by FiroIV; 09-27-2013 at 06:03 PM.
We're gonna have a really good team. ^^
I think Violet said she was going to be making a character soon.
Just a pet peeve of mine, but if you're making a character keep an eye on the accepted character name list. I just changed my character's name so we didn't have two Joseph's in the IC because we all know how confusing that can get.
Also everyone go read the rules except Endrance as his CS proves he's the only that read the rules through. Not that I enforced them but it is interesting to see how many people didn't read them through :P