Deciding to forgo my usualy routine and edit this slightly, here is my app!
Name: Cyrus Baker
Danger Rank: 4
Cyrus stands tall, both as a factor of him being six-foot two and the fact he is very proud of his heritage and his mutant blood. He keeps his hair short because before he shut himself off from society he was often told he looked good with short hair. His eyes are a light brown, as is his hair and facial hair. He limits the amount of facial hair he has, as of now he has a shadow of a goatee with a small bush of hair beneath his lips. For clothing Cyrus is much the same as he was before hand, preferring colored Athletic fit pants and shorts and almost always a white or black V-neck shirt. When it is cold out he puts on a dim grey hoodie. He has one tattoo on his left shoulder, the tree of life, which he got after he discovered his power as a way of remembering that the ability that saved him came in strife, when he feared for his life.
Personality: The way Cyrus was before is still much the same as the person we see today at the school. He is an idealistic, quick thinking yet abrasive and somewhat withdrawn man who has a tendency to react with insults to even the slightest confrontation. Even though he has withdrew himself from society he is still a very social person, one could say he is even more social than before. That his five years, where his only friends were those he had online or the tools he used to practice controlling his power, had given him a want to fit in and be normal again. That is, unless someone questions his morals and beliefs. In which case he will go against the light and embrace his inner darkness.
Powers: Light manipulation. Cyrus is able to manipulate and control most forms of light. The applications of said power vary, both because he still does not fully understand how to wield it and because every last power he has and can use is limited by one very important factor. The presence of light. During the day he can use his powers more freely than at night because he can abuse the sun for its natural light, though prolonged use of the more potent abilities will drain him of his energy quickly even in the day.
The most common application he has used his powers for is simple, to amplify or dim a light source. This in it self is an ability with many possible applications. For one, he could dim the flashlight of someone wandering in the dark to the point where the light can barely be seen. And a second would be to take the same flashlight, amplify the light and use it to temporarily blind someone. But both examples are flawed by the same problem, they need a light source. These are just simple explanations for what he can do with this application. Using more strength and energy he can dim the lights in a short area around him so much it renders him and anyone within five feet of him effectively invisible. Though prolonged use of this ability will have side effects, blood will start running from his nose shortly followed by a total blackout after around two minutes. During the day this is completely useless and impossible for him to use.
Another application he has found is taking light from one source and infusing it into an object. Say there was a bright light on the street and he had an empty object, he could infuse that empty object with light. Simply put the more time he has to collect the light the more energy it will offer. Though if he does not quickly dim this source this light will always escape out into the world, by dimming it he can carry around this object for an hour, hour and a half at max. The application of this ability is he can create a make shift flashbang, releasing all that stored energy in one bright bang.
The last, and least understood aspect, of his power is one he simply calls “Light Nova”. The reason for his intense study behind his power and his retreat from human society is because of this ability. The ability itself simply draws in as much energy as it can from the surrounding area before releasing it in a light explosion. This can blind people if they stare directly at it as well as burn if they are too close to it. After the explosion Cyrus is left extremely weak for ten minutes, barely able to move and talk but completely unable to use his power what so ever. Ever since his first use of this he has not been able to replicate it, though one is to say after his couple years of self-training and now arrival at the school that this ability has gotten even more powerful.
Skills: -Loves video games. Was very good at one in particular, Dota 2, where he was one of the best KOTL's around.
-Natural learner- Cyrus has always been a smart person, able to learn things faster than most of his peers, but he never utilized it till his first accident use of his power
-Atletic- Before he discovered his power he often thought his ticket to the future would be on his legs. In School he played football as a striker and on the American football team as a receiver. Ever since he discovered his powers and the public opinion about mutants turned sour he has kept himself in shape in case he would need to escape.
-Silver tongued devil- Cyrus is able to convince people that his point of view or course of action is the right one, even when it is not. He learned this in the debate club of his high school.
Backstory: Cyrus was born and raised in a small town just outside Cleveland, Ohio. His parrents were both American, though his mother was a second generation Turk, and most of his early childhood was as normal and American as possible. He was considered a bad student by his teachers and peers but this was not because he was not smart, more so because he never liked what the teachers taught and thus never applied himself in the class. Up until the age of eighteen he had no idea he was even a mutant. His power required him to focus on the application of it so he never had the chance to use it. But a power such as his can only stay in the dark for so long until chance happens to set it loose. This happened during the summer, between the end of highschool and the beginning of his University studies. Walking home after meeting up with some friends he found himself near some kids from a rival school whom he knew, and disliked. Words were let loose from both sides, names were thrown mixed in with the occasional insult about one's mother. One thing led to another and Cyrus found himself in the middle of a classic schoolyard beat down, three against one.
As the blows continued to land he could only think about was how he felt like he was going to die here. He needed to escape he needed to survive, but he was on the ground with no way to get up. And as a kick landed in his mid section Cyrus let out a scream which carried with it every last ounce of energy he had in his body. His scream was soon matched by the screams of the three kids, this followed by the thumps as their body's fell down and the whimper of someone in pain. As he opened his eyes he felt like the weight of the world was suddenly thrust upon him, each movement a feat in its own right. He was confused, he was disoriented and he was afraid of what just happened. As his strength began to return he got on his feet and began to make his way home with the shouts of “freak”, the people shouting were not the ones who he had hurt rather the people who saw what he had done. He told his parents about what happened, though worried they were still supportive of their only son. Instead of going to school to get a degree in Electrical Engineering he stayed at home and began to explore his abilities. He found he could control light, bend it to his will. This was something that made him both afraid yet curious, not knowing the limits of his power or even how to recreate the light explosion that had saved him before. Five years on now, and with the public's disposition towards his kind growing increasingly hostile Cyrus rarely left the house. That was, however, until a man came to their door and made an offer to Cyrus he could not refuse. To live and train under his own kind.
23 - Light Manipulation - Idealistic, charming, abrasiveStudents
♥ = romantic || ☺= friends || ☠ = enemies || ◑ = neutral
- Gabriel Scott:◑ This guy made me laugh a couple of times. Even by now his stunt at the pool had circled its way around the school and he can't help but find it as a 'classic' stunt to pull with powers such as his. He also made me laugh when he challenged me to COD once, though it's not my game those five years where the only social time i got with people was via games or when i decided to go to an out of town bar. Needless to say i am good and he could not help staring at my face muttering Blink damn you BLINK while the score had already ran up 41-3.
- Daniel Green:◑Daniel, is it me or do peoples names sometimes indicate what powers they have? I mean me as Cyrus, the Persian word for the "sun" aka the giver of light and he has a green thumb. Guy seems alright, little freaky about Gaga i hear. Will play it by ear with this guy.
- Pandora Whittmore:☺ Pandora, ahh Pandora. I see a younger, female version of myself. Not because of the whole shy thing or anything, but because she almost beat me in Dota while shouting "YOU SUCK YOU NOOB" every time she got a kill before looking around and sinking into her chair. Will keep an eye on her, she seems like a friendly person and i need some friends as depressing as that sounds
- Landon Covar:◑ My roommate. I think Xavier planned us being roommates or something. Not because we are buddy buddy types of roommates but because are abilities are exact opposites. Light and Darkness under one roof together, too early to tell but either we will be friends or enemies.
- Sarina Saunders :♥ Did i say someone was a younger, female version of myself already? I did? Well this one has a firery temper to match my own and actual fire to back it up. Despite the burns she is quite a looker as well. Despite everything she has been through she is still a better person than i and i respect that.
- Josiah Delarme :☠ A person who can view the struggle between mutants and humans through a Religious perspective is not a person i want to assoicate with. He used to be religious himself until he "saw the light". He will keep his dislike contained for awhile, though if he starts preaching they will have trouble.
- Aaron X :☠ Oh this guy, OHHH this guy. For a guy who's quick on compassion and giving he sure handed out the fact he disliked me for no apparent reason. Dislike with a PASSION
- Zhayne Spencer :◑ Zhayne is someone i could call a friend in the future. He is a friendly, down to earth guy who is neither embarassed nor afriad to show off his anger when it's warrented.
- Joseph Baker:◑ Another Baker here at the school suprised me. Don't know if he is related or not but he seems to be alright.
- Casperi VonLudmira: She scares me.
- Roman Black :☺ Double the trouble when he gets mad, twice the party when he is glad!
- Heidi Williams:◑ Smart gal, though maybe too smart for her own good. All the degree's in the world does not make a person, she will need to break out of her shell if she wants to truely live up to her potential. From what i hear she's learning from the beast with Beast.
- Cyrus Baker: Complet ass who plays too much games and...wait...this is...me....BEST GUY EVER
- Jacquinta Del A Sova:◑ Expects too much from life and others in general. He seems nice enough but he needs to learn to Viva la Vida before i am willing to befriend him
- Stephen 'Blank':◑ This guy needs to learn control first then social skills second. I've what happened in the assembly and i can only assume those blood drops i saw were from him as well. I feel for the guy, i don't know how to control some aspects of my power and the last time it did show i put some kids in the hospital with some burns and temporary blindness. Will keep an eye on him
- Peter 'Blank':◑ Indiffernt, don't know much about him.