Redemption Songs- The OOC
A man claiming he had super human abilities somehow managed to to break into CNN studios demanding to be put on air. Before the man could reveal his alleged ability he was gunned down by an unknown assassin.
The sequence of events that followed is best left to historians, but they do not exist anymore...civilization does not exist anymore.
Shortly after, as the world forgot about the mad man, an the unfinished speech. A strange draft of the speech was leaked to the internet by an unknown benefactor named "Samantha48616e61" and conspiracy theorists latched onto it.
Between theories about the government, the CIA, aliens and the Templars having a hand in the man's assassination, a small group of people were turned onto the truth.
The Government had killed the mad man finally revealed as Luis Castillo because he was a member of a new species, an ordinary man with extraordinary power.
Calling themselves The Seekers Of Truth and with the assistance of a hacker Hannah Hilton, this new group began to attract followers, even as it was dismissed as fringe conspiracy.
Slowly evolved humans began to come to a small village outside of Bogotá, Columbia, where the group had taken headquarters.
The Government was not fit to dismiss this as but a conspiracy group, and sent agents to report, and what they found prompted action.
The event that occurred 4 Months and 12 Days after Luis Castillo's assassination, the death of a proclaimed mad man being a butterfly shaking its wings creating a storm, would bring about the end of the world as we know it.
A small crop spreader plane was sent over the Seeker compound, releasing upon human test subjects for the first time a bio engineered virus.
Strain 914's effects were devastating, causing death in most of The Seekers.
However, to those that lived came horrifying side effects.
It started off as if imitating the rabies virus, but slowly came the more malignant occurrences- a loss of hair, an animalization of features, and a cannibalistic hunger as human behavior became utterly absent. Social de-evolution became complete within days. A few managed to get to the city itself, only hastening the spread of the disease.
Within weeks, quarantine was ineffective.
Strain 914 spread as if a plague.
Six billion people on Earth when the infection hit. 914 had a ninety-percent kill rate, that's five point four billion people dead. Crashed and bled out. Dead. Less than one-percent immunity. That left twelve million healthy people, turned into savages now in the end of the world. The other five hundred and eighty-eight million turned into what are now called 'dark seekers', and then they got hungry and they killed and fed on everyone living.
The last hope for humanity comes in those who are only debatably human. Strain 914's effects ended up being less potent upon Evolved Humans, and throughout the world were scattered pockets of resistance to the dying of the light.
This is the story of one of them.
A year later In Morningside Heights, New York, formerly a neighborhood of gentrification and sophistication, home to world renowned Columbia University, a group of Evolved Human survivours has banded together.
As always within darkness, there is light, within death there is hope.
This is an "I Am Legend"/Superhuman/Heroes Crossover
For those who haven't seen "I Am Legend", this game requires no knowledge of the film and is a standalone.
All that's taken from "I Am Legend" are the Dark Seeker vampires, the viral future being vampiric in nature, location and inspiration.
1. First off, no god-modding, power gaming or metagaming. This means no using your powers to extremes, No god-powers- so you can't have miniHiro,miniSylar,miniTed, etc,no knowing stuff your character wouldn't know, no anachronistic knowledge, your character can and maybe will die at any time(don't worry, you can return and submit a new character sheet), no playing other people's characters, no killing someone else's characters without permission, etc. If you do something I haven't listed here and try to be clever, it is unwritten but still a rule.
2. Spell correctly, use a decent amount of proper grammar and punctuation. Spell check, natch.
3. You can't be a canon HEROES character, or related to any canon characters. Only OC(original characters), and all characters that died, stay dead.(barring any regenerative blood trickery on the part of the GM)
4. This is an attempt at a bit of realism. Live your characters life like an actual life, like it really matters. Interact with other players how you'd interact in real life. And remember that every decision has consequences.
And just like in real life- If you are in a situation where you would most likely die, you will die.
5. No rip offs. That means Ziro Tanaka and Gylar are not allowed. Come up with your own ideas, people. You can be evil or good, normal or special, but the one thing you can't be is uncreative.
6. This is at least semi- Heroes universe, so keep it within the universe. That means your power should be reasonable- no laser eyes. I will bend on this rule if your character is good enough.
7. Make decent posts. Interact. Don't have two line posts. Leave posts open.
8. No flaking or abandoning. If you want to leave, tell me by PM or IM.
9.Keep it PG13 or so, and if one is going to go beyond that please clear it with the GM and put a disclaimer on your post for people who don't want to read that sort of material.
10.Work things out- continuity errors, etc. in OOC, please.
11.GM has final say.
12.Rules can be changed at any moment should someone try something...or if I feel like it.
13. There will be a one character per player rule.
14.Keep your character's power relatively low-level, I'd say. If you impress me with standout posts, your character will gain a new facet to their ability.
Ability Limitations(ie: "can only disintegrate non-organic matter" or "teleportation is only within range of sight"):
Level Of Mastery/Control Of Ability:
Race(ethnic makeup- ie: Caucasian, Latino, African American, Maori, what have you):
Nationality(descent- ie: Norwegian, Danish, South African, Columbian, etc.):
Facial Features(ie: how they look, anything distinctive- a sloped nose, bags under the eyes, attractive or homely):
Facial Hair Color:
Facial Hair Style:
Attire(clothes and/or equipment usually worn):
Profession(as this is post-apocalyptic, last position is what you put here):
Work History(employment details, history, what you'd seen on a resume basically):
Personal History(this is the typical biography one sees in most games, their past and everything):
Mental Ailments(anything from Dissasociative Identity Disorder and other major psychosis down to base melancholia or anxiety):
Significant Relationships(friends, significant others, all that):
Drinker(whether they imbibe and if so how much, what drink of choice):
Smoker(do they puff up? If yes, then camels or mentholated, shorties or cigars?):
Drug User (Addiction/Recreational/Prescribed/Combo, and if so what?):
Accomplishments(what they've done in life, good things they are proud of):
Theme Song(song that sort of encapsulates who the character is to you):
Picture(lots of RPs like to draw pictures of their characters or envision actors playing them, and this would be where the picture goes):