Wiki -This is open to all members to add pages of information to be easily accessible with a quick search or links found on the pages. For example, if someone mentions a race in the IC that you don't quite remember, all you have to do is a quick check in the wiki and bam! You don't need to be a member of the wiki to be able to put in your own two cents. Please keep in mind that this is in it's infancy, so some pages will be in complete disarray or not yet made even if it's important info I'd like to get around to soon. If you're unable to find decent information on something, tell me about it and I'll make that page a priority.
Main Chat -This is a quicker way of chatting about something, and chats can be made about certain subjects so it can stay focused. Basically, this OOC will be for everything about the roleplay while the chat will be for if you need to talk about something specific and not have to worry about clutter of other posts.
IC -Where the actual story will take place.
Introduction to Andreemea
Welcome to the Andreemea: Initiation, the first of an ambitious new series of roleplays taking place in the Andreemea galaxy, a galaxy of our creation. Although it may seem rather bare right now, trust us, we're just getting started. It will be a galaxy that will be expanded on more and more as time goes on, and we can visit it in many different roleplays in many different ways. For example, we might end up wanting to do a mystery roleplay and have it take place in Andreemea, or how about a crazy high school where all the different aliens get together? Maybe we hear about some interesting event while playing this roleplay, and we all decide that it would be awesome to make a roleplay covering that event. You don't even have to worry about me being around to moderate all of these roleplays, as I give you guys the right to use this galaxy for any roleplay that you don't charge people for. Take this idea, run with it, help us build up an unforgettable galaxy together! If you want to make your roleplay canon, however, it must get my approval.
So what is this galaxy going to be like, exactly? Well, for starters it will be sci-fi, so I'm not always sticking to 100% realism. We should still allow ourselves to make it seem realistic enough so that we can suspend our disbelief, as it should all make sense within the context of the galaxy we have created (techno mumbo jumbo aside). For some examples we can have force fields, faster then light travel, laser guns, and telekinetic tentacle beasts. Rule of cool also dictates that we can dogfight in space and other fun sci-fi related things we all know and love. Magic does exit here, some races more attune to it then others, and there are many different kinds of magic. For the most part they can't be overwhelmingly powerful so you don't have to worry about a Super Saiyan dropping in on your planet and blowing it apart with an energy ball. Not that they exist in this anyways because this roleplay will only allow unique ideas, albeit sometimes inspired or being similar to other ideas, as that is unavoidable.
We live in a time when alliances spanning the galaxy are being formed as alien races are intermingling with each other more then ever before. One such alliance, the IGCP, serves as the primary protagonists of this roleplay. They might be one of the most powerful alliances in the galaxy, at least on paper, but the truth is that this doesn't account for much once all is said and done. Although they try to maintain peace around the galaxy, trying to ensure that it isn't destroyed by the vast powers at their disposal if not put in check, they have gained many enemies over the years regardless of such good intentions. Indeed, they still have much work to do before their dreams of a peaceful galaxy is realized. Although their known enemies are bad enough, it's often the unknown enemies who are the real problem.
We find ourselves on planet Elistore, an IGCP controlled planet located in sector 49, the far western edge of the IGCP controlled territory. This planet is their headquarters for the sector, but being so far from the center sectors this leaves it not as well defended as, say, their headquarters of sector 43. Perhaps it is what made this planet an easy target, or perhaps they specifically wanted Elistore. Whatever the case may be, the roleplay begins with the planet just mere moments away from getting placed under a surprise attack by an unknown navy skinned alien race, blasting away at the buildings from on high and sending down drop ships with an apparent target of the capital building. How did they get past out outer defenses so easily? What are they after? Our characters must either fight off the attack or otherwise find a way to survive should you not be the best fighter, having just so happened to be caught up in all of this madness. From their our characters will run into each other, getting to know each other better as we try to figure out more about this attack and if it was all part of a larger scheme. The fate of the galaxy may very well be within our hands...
Rules1. Follow standard forum and casual rules such as no god modding, treating everyone with respect, not unleashing hoards of flesh eating alien locusts onto their households, that sort of thing.
2. If you're gone for more then a week, please let me know beforehand. If not I can do whatever I want with your character or whatever you have going for us in this roleplay to get things moving.
3. Despite joining my roleplay you still maintain rights for your ideas. Those ideas can be used for all roleplays involving this galaxy, but outside of such roleplays they're all your idea. Even during the roleplay people should still get permission from each other before using stuff of their creation, although obviously if you just have an unimportant NPC in your post be of a certain race by someone else, as long as it doesn't contradict what they have said about them then and they didn't say not to you can use them without permission.
4. Don't feel limited to a single character.
5. You may join this roleplay at any time.
6. Nothing insanely graphic or annoying amounts of cursing should be used. There's possible romance in this roleplay, but if things get too heated then it would be a good idea to fade to black in the IC and take the scene to a PM. Besides the obvious reason, it would also derail the plot if you post a 20 page sex scene.
7. I, another mod, or a 80% approval rating by members can get someone to become a mod. They can do whatever I can do, only I get to overrule them if necessary. A good way to become mod is to contribute a lot to the roleplay, obviously.
8. I can create additional rules when necessary.
Wiki/Contribution rules1. You do not have to contribute to the wiki, but it would be nice if you did so we could better find your information.
2. If you create a wiki article, if it's your idea then you can create a category identifying it as your idea (in my case I typed "IN", short for ImportantNobody). That way people will know who to talk to if they would like additional information or would like to use them for something. If you made a topic for dogs, for example, this wouldn't matter as it's not your idea, you're just creating the category for dogs.
3. A category known as "canon" is if the page has enough info on it that seems good enough to be accepted as official in this roleplay. Canon information can be taken out of canon/changed if need be by me, a fellow mod, or the creator of the information in question. Information should be canon before posting in the IC, although it would tedious approving of every detail, so please don't sweat the small stuff. For example, if you have a basic machinegun then there's no reason why that wouldn't be canon. Now if you come up with a pistol sized gun that shoots black holes, that would need me to look it over first. Just use proper judgment for such issues and you should be fine.
4. Don't try to "win" by creating some character, race, etc. that just pwns everyone. That would ruin the fun of everyone. Who wants to be Hawkeye on the Avengers while watching someone come out with the Hulk to do all the major fighting? Exactly. Don't do this. Enemies can be more powerful, but don't have an enemy that will come up that will render our characters useless. If you come up with something too powerful at most they can be referenced in the background on occasion.
5. As you know by now (unless this post was tl;dr), the galaxy is made up of multiple sectors. This kind of goes in line with rule number 4, but don't create a race that controls more then one sector unless they're meant to be really powerful. A vast majority of races don't come close to controlling an entire sector, so if you see a lot of mine so far have more, that's only because I'm posting the most important race right now that you'll interact a lot with in the roleplay.
6. Also in line with rule number 4, no planets or beings larger then a small moon are available to any of races that aren't just mere legends. If they can play soccer with the Death Star 2 then you're doing something wrong.
7. No direct copying from other people's ideas such as Star Wars. You can be inspired by something but it should be a different thing rather then just saying "Yep, they're Wookies." No. You can have a tall furry race, but please make them different in enough ways so that it's believable that they aren't just a wookie clone.
8. No editing pages made by others without permission unless it's just to fix spelling/grammar/format errors. In that case please have at it. If you explore the wiki in it's current state I'm sure you'll find plenty of such errors.
(Here is where I will store everyone's characters linked to either your post in the OOC or their character page on the wiki, depending on whichever one you choose. Both are equally valid methods)
Alexis Zeke-Drake Baku
Rena Itsuki Yoshira-gmer5
Runa Fukada-Drake Baku
Takari "Kitty" Oonya-Nocturnia
Volray Zables-Drake Baku
(Feel free to include additional categories as desired. Don't include stuff in parenthesis; that's just for your information)
Race: (If you don't find a race you like, make your own. I will be adding additional races in the coming days)
Appearance: (Due to races other then humans not having drawings, you'll have to have a written description or have them drawn yourself or by request)
Homeworld: (No information about the planet is required, but it would be good so it could give more insight on the character)
Allegiance: (At least on the surface, if your character is with the IGCP or some other group he/she/it identifies with)
Equipment: (just their starting equipment or things they own that will be important)