As legend has it, centuries ago before the time of man, a war took place in the kingdom of Heaven. The demigod Apollyon had raised an army from his own flesh to besiege the kingdom. The great battle has come to be knows as the Godly Strife. For a hundred years, Apollyon and his legions clashed with the armies of Heaven. The shining kingdom stained with the blood of angels. On the final day of the one hundredth year, Apollyon broke through the great gates and challenged God for the throne. It was then that God's anger surpassed his love. Apollyon was stripped of his divinity and cast into the prison of Hell and the kingdom of man was erected around it. Deep within the infernal abyss, Apollyon seethed with rage. He swore vengeance. Vowed that one day he would return and bring the end to God's rule starting with the kingdom of man. But the legend doesn't end there. It goes on to say that a group of heroes would be chosen to stand against him and their strength will decide the fate of mankind. Even more...the fate of all existence.
The lands of Veram are vast and beautiful. Full of magic and mysticism. Though mostly free and open, kingdoms, fortifications, and towns are strewn about. Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Vampires, and other beings share the land with not only nature but with the many mystical entities and creatures. Battles are fought with steel and magic. Boats and air ships serve as transport between the mainlands and islands. Despite past conflicts, the world is at peace for the most part. Though whispers of the end are spreading subtly and some are on edge.
- Haven - A friendly town with a few hundred locals. It's surrounded by a wall about ten feet high all around. A small garrison of soldiers guard the town. The Dragons Den tavern is the main establishment that provides food, drink, alcohol, and lodging. Travelers of all kinds are welcome. Hostilities are not tolerated.
- Vallingard - A large fortification built long ago during a time of war. Large stone walls over thirty feet high and connected by iron gates surround the fortress. Garrisoned with a small army of archers, swordsmen, and a couple magi. Other then that, there are a few thousand civilians. It's a great place to buy weapons.
- The Court City - The biggest kingdom in all of Veram. Ruled by a royal family and garrisoned with a massive army. The city has a series of walls and heavily guarded gates within and around its entirety. A large forest surrounds the kingdom making ground access difficult. Thus, air ships serve as the main way in or out. The local population reaches up in the tens of thousands.
- Rhuneheim - Once a stronghold, Rhuneheim now serves as a bustling hub for trade. It's filled with thousands of traders and travelers looking to buy and sell all kinds of things. Whatever one may be looking for, chances are it can be found here. For the harder to get items, there's an underground of black market merchants.
- The Narwood - An ancient forest that serves as a haven to all sorts of myths and creatures. There are many tales of warriors who have ventured into the forest in search of magic and power but were never heard of again. One of the most common legends is that lurking deep within the heart of The Narwood is a powerful beast known as Leviathan who guards a great treasure.
- Black Ice Wastes - A vast and uncharted wasteland of ice and ash. To look upon it is to see miles and miles of maddening emptiness. Nobody has any idea of what could be out there.
- The Blight - (Not available yet)
Name: (Your character's full name and any nicknames or titles they may go by.)
Age: (Nothing over a thousand.)
Race: (Fantasy themed races only. No cyborgs or aliens. Also no gods or overpowered races.)
Gender: (Male , Female, Or Genderless)
Appearance: (An Image is preferred. A description is acceptable.)
Information: (The bio, personalty, history, skills, and any other information on your character.)
Extras: (Anything you feel like adding.)
- One paragraph minimum.
- One week inactivity limit.
- Please use accurate grammar and spell check.
- No fighting/drama in the OOC.
- Do not post in the IC until accepted.
- No speed posting.
- Traditional roleplaying rulings apply.
- Absolutely NO posting OOC in the IC. Keep it all here.
- As proof you read the rules, type 'Battle Ready' at the bottom of your CS.
-Once the IC gets started, most of you may want to start near The city states of Vallinar. It's not necessary but the main plot will be kicking off in that area. As the story advances, there will be opportunities to explore other parts of the world.
-I have other projects so I can log in and post a couple times a day depending on how many people I'm responding to.
-There are going to be several NPCs throughout the thread to help move the plot along. Some of them will be spontaneous. I won't do this to often but if I feel it can add to the story and keep things fluid, I may pop up as a bartender or a squad of soldiers or what have you. Don't worry, it wont be anything intrusive unless the story calls for it.
-Not all characters who join have to be good guys. As long as it doesn't deviate from the main plot too much, there is a freedom to be villains.
-I'll integrate new characters into the plot after the first handful to keep things on track.
-When using a picture, know that anime, comic book, real life, or any other style of character is permitted. As long as if fits a fantasy genre.
-Be sure to check back here for updates on changes in the thread. 9/1/13
-Once you've posted your character sheet, wait to be placed in the thread. I'll be spawning you somewhere on the map relative to either your character's information or to a location within the plot progression. 9/1/13
-I'm still working on the IC, placing everyone's characters. Sorry for not having it up by today like I said. I'll be posting it tomorrow instead. 9/3/13
-The IC is up and operational. Still accepting members, however if you wish to start in a region that currently isn't populated by other players, please message me. 9/4/13