In the game Elementals you played as creatures which could use the elements of others and those in your environment to transform into different things. Combining water and fire would make steam, earth and fire would make lava, etc. In Gods of Byu, you also play as these Elementals, but instead of playing in a sandbox, you play as gods, gods of Byu.Gods of Byu
Hosted by Blue & Turt
Byu are smaller versions of you, little elemental creatures who were unceremoniously dropped into limbo, a dark, barren wasteland within which evil things thrive. They have only a small bit of space, and should they venture too far and wander into the fabric of reality, they will be lost forever. Even gods will succumb to the endless sleep that those who are grabbed by the fabric of reality suffer.
In Gods of Byu, everyone may play as a god of the Byu, and use their godly powers to help them grow and thrive. In the beginning of the game only 4 Byu will exist and they will be shared among the gods. They are starving, thirsty, and scared and need the help of gods to survive. As they grow and thrive, they will build and expand to form city-states.
Every god controls one element, which they can change through either absorbing elements from their environment, or combining with the essence of other gods. If a god is in the same reality as you, you may draw upon their essence to change.
Gods have different powers depending upon their current elemental state. Water gods can create oceans, lava gods can create volcanos, etc. Their powers are merely limited by imagination and element. Also, if a god chooses, they may produce a Byu of their current element. If a god is strong enough, they can even tear a hole in the fabric of reality and create a new city of their own in a new reality.
To do godly things gods require power points (PP). Power points are used to do almost anything. Gods will die and regenerate into their original element with only 5 PP if their power points reach 0. If they are already their original element, they will not do so. You can only gain power points during turns in which you are active. You also only get PP for whatever happens in the reality you are in during that turn. You get 10 power points to start, use them wisely.
There are many ways to get power points. Some of them are listed here:
· Having a happy Byu in a city that worships you .25 x # Byu
· Having a Byu worship you .25 x # Byu x (AP + FP)*
· Having a temple built for you by the Byu. Small 3. Medium 5. Life size 10.
*If you have more than 10 AP .25 drops to .20. For every 10 AP that number drops by .05 and will continue to do so until it's at .05.
· Byu’s life sacrificed to you 5
· Eating a Byu 2
· Byu born in city that worships you 1
· Starting a new town successfully* 5
· Helping complete Byu’s project. Small 3. Medium 5. Large 10.
· Saving a Byu village from destruction 5 to 10 if from natural disaster. 15 if from other God.
· Destroying a Byu village. 5-10 depending on size/resistance. 15 if also fighting a God.
*To start a town successfully, it must have at least 5 people, at least one of which must have been born there, food, water, shelter, and must survive 5 turns.
Some ideas of things you can use your power points on:
· 1 – Name a Byu (Like to make certain Byu identifiable)
· 1 – Set a small fire/plant a fully grown plant/some small element-appropriate action.
· 5 – Elect a Byu Speaker*.
· 5 – Create a small group of element-appropriate animals.
· 5 - Create a Byu of current element.
· 5 – Grant a tiny, byu-specific wish. (Such as “I really want to go to school,” or “I wish mommy would find food tonight.”)
· 10 – Turn a section of land 10x your body size or smaller into the biome of your current element or create a land form appropriate to your current element.
· 10 - Create an element appropriate celestial body.
· 15 – Grant a small element-appropriate or nonelement specific wish. (Like affecting the weather.)
· 20 – Make a Byu immortal.
· 20 - Create a new reality tie between existing realities.
· 25 – Use a minor, element-appropriate death or destruction power. (Ex. Wildfires by fire god)
· 25 – Grant minor, element-appropriate miracle. (Ex. Great fishing for 3 days by water god)
· 35 – Use a large, element-appropriate death or destruction power. (Ex. Tornado by air god)
· 35 – Grant large, element-appropriate miracle. (Ex. A plague attacking a village is suddenly cured by life god)
· 50 – Use extreme, element-appropriate death or destruction power. (Ex. Super volcano appears and erupts by lava god)
· 50 – Grant extreme, element-appropriate miracle. (Ex. A golden goose is discovered by a poor village by wealth god)
· 100 - Create new reality. +50 for odd mechanics. Must choose a size: Small +25 PP. Medium +50 PP. Large +100 PP.
This list doesn't nearly include everything you can do. Please imagine and create.
Another thing you can create is a season, but the price of that fluctuates depending on the attributes you give it. Check the seasons tab for more info.
*A Speaker is a Byu that talks to the people and the gods. If the gods wish to ask the people something or the people need to tell the gods something, the Speaker will tell the gods. This cuts down on cluttered answers to gods’ questions.
Type: Whether it is permanent (the only season in that reality), temporary (will only last 6, 12 or 24 days and will not repeat), or is alternating with another season.
Some byus will like certain things, some won't. Some plants will like some weather, others will not.
To create a season you pick Type, Duration (if alternating or temporary), Precipitation, Sunlight, and Temperature. You then add up the PP from what you've chosen. Or you can pick these premade ones and choose Type and Duration.
Spring: Medium Precipitation, Sunlight Average, Temperatures Average. 10 PP so far.
Summer: No Precipitation, High Sunlight, Hot Temps. 25 PP so far.
Fall: Low Precipitation, Average Sunlight, Average Temps. 5 PP so far.
Winter: High Precipitation, Low Sunlight, Cold Temps. 35 so far.
*Duration only needs to be an attribute if the type is temporary or alternating.
Air + Dirt= Airborne Dust
Life + Fire + Air = Death
Earth + Fire + Airborne Dust = Lava
Water + Earth = Fertile Soil
Water + Air = Fog
Life + Death + Fertile Soil = Illness
Lava + Air = Stone
Illness + Fire + Water + Stone + Fog + Life + Earth + Death + Fire = Pestilence
Fire + Pestilence = Sanitation
Life + Water = Death
Fire + Air = Smoke
Life + Fire = Death
Life and Death switch places every 5 turns.
Earth: Can create hills. Can create grasslands. Can make pigs.
Fire: Can create stars/sun. Can make the sun blaze brighter. Can make fire snakes.
Air: Can super charge fire and make its powers cheaper/more powerful. Can create birds.
Water: Can water plants. Can create fish.
Fog: Can create fireflies.
Life: Can create seeds. Can hyper grow a biome. Can create squirrels.
Death: Can make spiders.
Illness: Can make mosquitoes.
There will be gods who disagree with your views, that is just how things go. There are rules for how to kill opponents.
· To kill a god or a byu you must totally deplete their PP.
· Byus have 1 PP each turn, and are extremely easy for a god to kill.
· To successfully attack an opponent, you must be an opposing element to your opponent (ex: water vs. fire) or you must be the death elemental.
· If you wish to attack another elemental, you must fill out the "War" form instead of the "Turn" form.
· The way damage is dealt as such: however many PP the attacker puts into the attack is multiplied by whatever number comes up on a roll of a virtual 10 sided die. 0-10 can be rolled. The PP is multiplied and that number is subtracted from the opponent's PP.
· Warning! If you put in all of your PP to fight, you wind up killing yourself!
· If you choose to retaliate in the same turn, who ever fills out the "War" form first deals the first blow.
· If you defend in the same turn, you fill out the "War" form and you put in PP. This PP is multiplied the same way the attack's damage is and defends that much.
· If you are attacking as the Death Elemental your dice roll is out of 20 instead of 10. Defending as a Death elemental your dice roll is out of 5 instead. As a Death Elemental you receive 30% PP from the PP destroyed in a killing blow.
· If you are defending as the Life Elemental your dice roll is out of 20 instead of 10. Attacking as a life elemental youre dice roll is out of 5. As a life elemental, you get 10% of the PP you save when defending yourself, and 20% you save when protecting someone else.
· If you are defending as the Metal Elemental your dice roll is out of 15 instead of 10.
· You may defend someone else, merely say so next to where you write "Defending" (ex. "Defending Koka).
· If whoever you're attacking is filling out a Turn form instead of defending. If you post after their post, the PP is subtracted from their remaining PP after their action. If you post before their post, the PP is subtracted before their action and their action might be halted.
Byus are simple little elementals. Here are some things you should know about them:
· 1 Byu eats 1 piece of food per day. If a town does not have enough to feed its people it might start to resent its gods.
· 1 Byu takes up 1 bed. Different buildings can house different numbers, but the basics are: Small house 2, medium house 4, large house 6.
· Buildings require materials, which must be provided for the Byus to build with. They can build with many things, and are very resourceful but may need a little help.
· Byus will lay an egg once per day, with one egg per two Byu. It takes this egg a day to hatch but it is instantly a fully grown Byu. The hatched Byu is a combination of the mother and father’s elements.
· Byus will not reproduce without sufficient food/shelter.
· Byus have 2 factors that contribute to them obeying their gods: Awe and Fear. Awe points (AP) are acquired through helping and Fear points (FP) are acquired through showing off your power in terrifying ways.
· Byus will worship a god with 5+ Awe points every day. If they fear/are in awe of a god enough, Byus will build them a shrine. 35 points and a small shrine will be made. 75 points and a medium shrine will be made. 150 points and a life-size shrine will be made.
· Byus are hunted and fall prey to other things within their environment.
· Normally, byus live for 20 days if not killed by something else. They can starve in 5 turns. There are exceptions to this.
· Byus have 1 PP they can use per turn to help with whatever they are instructed to do by the gods. This can cut down on power costs for gods.
Every turn is 1 day in the Byu World.
Every turn you may either fill out the Turn Form or the War Form. Only one form per turn.
Every turn, unless you're at war, you will have 3 actions to perform, and you do all of them every day if you so choose. 1. Ask a question to the Byu, such as what they need, are there any problems, how are they doing? 2. Give a command to the Byu. 3. Perform a godly action. Combining with another element’s essence counts as a godly action.
If you fill out the war form, you may specify your opponent, attack them or defend against them, and designate how much PP you will spend doing so. This PP is multiplied by a number randomly selected between 1-10 by a roll of a virtual die. This multiplied number is how much PP of your opponent's you destroy OR how much PP you avoid having destroyed by an attack. See the "Warring Gods" hider under "God Powers" for more info.
If a reality is not occupied by a god nothing will happen in it. Each turn can only focus on one reality, which must be specified at the beginning of the turn’s actions.
Starting element: (Choose fire, wind, earth, or water. You can combine into other things once playing)
Use this when you’d like to post a turn. Until there is more than one reality you do not need to enter anything into Reality.
Reality: where you're focusing on this turn.
Question: ask the byus something.
Command: What you command the byus to do
Action: Your use of a god/transformation power.
I'd prefer edits/changes be made in the original turn post. Do not worry, I will not miss your change.
PP: (Be careful, you're spending your PP. If you spend it all you're dead too)
Char: Character's Name
SE: Start Element
CE: Current Element
PP: Power Points
CE: Fertile Soil
Day 1 - 1 Earth 1 Fire 1 Water Hunt (Air)
Day 2 - 2 Water 1 Air
Day 4 - Thana (Life/Death)
Day 6 - 1 Fog
Day 7 - 1 Fog, 1 Water, 1 Smoke
Day 8 - 4 Life Byu, 1 Air Byu
Day 11 - 2 Sanitary
Biggest Problem: Fear
Earth Byu: 1 Fire Wand, 1 wooden pick, 2 byumerangs
Hunt (Air Byu): 1 Fire Wand (2/3 uses), 1 Byumerang
Air Byu: 1 Fire Wand
Fog Byu: Seeds
Smoke: 1 Wooden Axe
Fire: 1 wooden pick
Life Byu: 1 wooden pick
Thana - Eldest Life/Death Byu
Hunt - Eldest Air Byu
Water Byu (DOB: 7) - Stripper
Earth Byu (DOB: 1) - Craftsman (2x speed at making things)
Thana - Angel of Death. As life he escorts spirits to the afterlife portal. As Death he keeps the population numbers under par. Eldest killed first unless only one of their element. Then comes Svenn's in priority.
Hunt - Scout. Alerts to danger and expands map when needed.
Water Byu (DOB: 1)
Eternal Spring - Low Precipitation, Sunlight Average, Temperatures Average.
Grif: AP: 20 FP: 0
Squee: AP: 5 FP: 0
Svenn AP: 11 FP: 2
Missy: AP: 7 FP: 0
Koka: AP: 11 FP: 0
Turt: AP: 25 FP: 0
Drakel: AP 21 FP: 0
Omma: AP: 6 FP: 0
Myyt: AP: 8 FP: 0
mbl: AP: 4 FP: 0
Zed: AP: 2 FP: 0
Mechanics: All byus in Starting Reality go here when they die. Can only enter if you're a spirit. No evil whatsoever.