"A new generation of mutants is emerging, that much is certain. They will be called freaks. Genetic monstrosities. But they are emerging in the inner cities, in the suburbs, in the deserts and the jungles. And when they emerge, they will need teachers, people who can help them overcome their anger and show them how to use their strange gifts responsibly. They will need us." - Professor Charles Xavier
This game is designed to focus on a small group of mutants that become the first class of the Xavier Institute of Higher Learning; a group that will have to learn, live, and survive together. As that implies there will be plenty of time for the characters to do the living and learning together, but there will also be times when the students are thrown into the fire. As stated in the interest check, the setting will be a modern world where most of the elements of the Marvel Universe exist...they simply exist in secret, or have yet to materialize.
Modern world, with the only known superhero element being the Fantastic Four. The majority of the public like the Fantastic Four, but seem hesitant about what they represent as a precursor to a greater metahuman presence in the world. As far as our game's concerned, the main setting will be the X-Mansion itself. We'll be using a more modern version. The nearest town will be North Salem, New York, a middling upper middle class New York state town.
Questions? Comments? Ideas? Don't hesitate to let me know!
- This game will cover the initiation and introduction of a group of young men and women that will become the X-Men.
- Small group, five to six max.
- High Casual standards.
- The story will be a mix of X-Men #1 (1963) and original elements.
- Everyone's assumed to be an adult by applying for the game. Please act accordingly.
- Don't expect immediate character reviewal. They may take a day, maybe even two. Small group, want to give people time to work on and get in applications.
- GM: Ruby
- The staff consists of Charles Xavier, Tessa Niles, and young Hank McCoy.
- The group has been together for nearly a year now, and will soon be celebrating their one year anniversary.
- The Fantastic Four have just recently begun their public careers from Baxter Building. SHIELD is thawing out Captain America, while Bruce Banner experiments with gamma rays, and Tony Stark finds himself the victim of yet another sex tape 'incident.' The world seems to be nearing a breakout in metahuman activity, but precious few on the planet and off see it coming.
- America's political climate is one of polarization and obstructionists. A conservative Republican President holds the White House with a split Congress that tends to avoid 'social issues.' Professor Xavier worries about the social conservativism of the current ruling political regime in America.
- With the death of Osama Bin Laden, the mutant known as 'Magneto' has ascended to the title of most wanted terrorist in the world.
As a note, I weigh the text in the Personality section much more than I do the text in the Mutation section. This is one of those games; where personality is ultimately more important than power. Although we do love us some power. ^_^
Code name (If Applicable):
Mutation: Mutant ability.
Personality: A sentence or so will be fine.
History: A few paragraphs is ideal.
- Charles Xavier [NPC]
- Tessa Niles [NPC]
- Hank McCoy [NPC]
- Jean Grey [Ruby] ♠
- Scott Summers [Hillan] ♠
- Logan [TheAcmeEmployee] ♠
- Derek Quintanilla [BiHeathen] ♠
- Warren Worthington III [The Xtreme One] ♠
- Everett Thomas [Zacharius] ♠
- Kenji Mori [Mogtaki] ♠
- Anna Marie [InkedWolf] ♠
- Emma Frost [violetember]
Approved We-Don't-Know-What-The-Fuck Characters