[Initially GM'd by Lord Wraith]
[X-MEN: DIVIDED WE FALL II]
[IN CHARACTER] | [OUT OF CHARACTER]
|[Co-GM:The Kid Lantern] | | [Co-GM:Roman] | | [Co-GM:Nariata] |
Now is not the time for fear, that comes later...
The year is 2014 and while the world at large is more or less at peace, human-mutant relations have started to become tense. Mutants are forced to live in fear, a fear of the government which is supposed to protect its people. Almost every mutant around the world now lives in fear, with some countries even going so far as to create laws to ensure that the mutants won't use their abilities in a public forum. It's measures like these that incite enough fear to keep those with gifts from even using their abilities within their own homes as the hand of the government would gladly slap them down and throw them behind bars. Yet there are still several groups of mutants who are working against the government. Xavier's Institute for Higher Learning remains open and defiant as the Headmaster, Charles Xavier welcomes students into the fold and promises not only to provide them a worthwhile education but also a place where they can be safe and accepted. There are many who have given up hope, and even more still who believe in trying to come to a settling with the humans.
Despite this though, the Anti-Mutant campaigns are taking a dire upswing, and the harassment of the mutants is greatly escalating. Years ago, mutants were only bullied in the streets with mocking jeers and jaded slurs, but now it's starting to turn violent and it will only get worse. The United States has retracted all of its support from any mutant or superhuman. As such the Avengers and the Fantastic Four have both been order to disband and decease all activity and allow the 'proper authorities' to do their part. Likewise the X-Men have received very stern warnings should they venture out of their school in uniform to try and meddle in Government affairs. Individual heroes such as Spider-Man or the Daredevil too are hunted and chased off the streets. The government officially is backing up its zero tolerance policies against powered individuals and vigilantes.
Though there has been a dip in the economy, human life is still relatively normal in these trying and desperate times. However, you are not a human. You are a mutant; they know who you are, they know what you are, and if caught outside of that school you will be hunted down. You have a choice, either, you can hide your identity, hide your gifts, live a life in terror and go against all the things a great man once envisioned for not only the mutants but all of humanity. Or join us, stand side by side with us and show the world why they're wrong about mutants. Help us show them realize Xavier’s dream and put an end to this senseless violence. Together we can change the world.
You can choose to be a neutral mutant, a member of Magneto's Brotherhood, something much worse, or you can choose to join the X-Men.
The X-Men and the staff of Xavier's School for Higher Learning:
Charles Xavier - Headmaster*MIA
Storm - Headmistress-DECEASED
Beast - Vice Principal-In Charge
Cyclops - Staff-DECEASED
Jean Grey - Staff-DECEASED
Nightcrawler - Staff*MIA
Shadowcat - Staff*MIA
Dr. Cecilia Reyes - Resident Doctor-DECEASED
Wolverine - Campus Guard*MIA
This RP will continue on in the same IC, we just needed a new OOC since the original GM stepped out. The current situation has Xavier's Institute and mansion destroyed by the MRD, and battle lines have been drawn. There has been a split in the survivors between Magneto's Brotherhood and Beast's new X-Men, as well as some mutants going neutral and others joining a much more intense anti-human group called the CSS. Needless to say, those choosing the side of the X-Men have a lot of work on their hands....
1. The GM's words are law, don't argue or disregard them. If a GM asks you to stop doing something please do it. Likewise if a GM asks you to change something in your post please do it.
2. Nothing is set in stone, but we DO have an overarching plot. You have anything to add, please say so. We will do our best to accommodate any ideas you may have, you may even have an idea we never thought of. In this case, please PM all ideas to the GM's.
3. No OOC is accepted in the IC, if you really must talk OOC, we have a thread for that.
4. Any quarrels? Don't take it out in the OOC, keep that to PM's. If there's anything you'd need help with, ask one of the GMs.
5. Remember we'll be late-teens/early twenties, though the world is hostile towards you remember to have some fun.
6. Your character will be put into possible life or death situations. That does not mean we won't consult you before killing them off. Note however players who fail to post forfeit their characters to cannon fodder.
7. This is a Marvel Universe roleplay. However, though the focus will be on X-Men and as such you are expected to portray a mutant.
8. No God-Modding or metagaming. You will be asked to leave.
9. Original characters ONLY. Canon characters are off-limits to players unless explicit permission is given. Please PM a GM if you wish to play an canon character, though you will need a very good argument.
10. This is a high-casual roleplay, as such a 2-paragraph minimum per post is mandatory. Proper spelling and grammar is also expected but small exceptions due to language barriers are also understandable.
11. There is no rule eleven.
Name: Alexander Warren
Danger Rank: 4
Appearance:Young, athletic, boy next door qualities.
In costume [his symbol now replaced with a blue and red X on his chest]
Personality: Atlas is a live and let live kind of person. So long as what you do doesn't involve hurting others, he's got no problems with you. He's very reserved, stoic, but when he speaks up people tend to listen.
Powers: Giant growth up to roughly 75 feet tall; enhanced strength and durability [even at 6 ft. tall] that fluctuates depending on size.
Breakdown of his size/strength:
@ 6 ft - he can lift 2 tons [4,000 lbs] - durability to withstand small arms fire - physical feat he can rip apart a car with his hands
@ 15 ft - he can lift 5 tons [10,000 lbs] - durability to withstand heavy arms fire physical feat he can throw a car
@ 25 ft - he can lift 10 tons [20,000 lbs] - durability to withstand low level explosives / energy physical feat he can uproot trees
@50 ft - he can lift 20 tons [40,000 lbs] - durability to withstand heavy explosives / energy physical feat tear apart buildings
@75 ft - he can lift 30 tons [60,000 lbs] - durability to withstand almost anything physical feat ground quake stomp
His weaknesses include telepathy, magic, advance tech and weaponry, dehydration [he has to drink a lot of water and eat good before using his powers for extended periods of time], and his fear of heights keeps him from growing to his limit [he usually doesn't go past 25 ft]. Also with fluctuating durability, the smaller he is the more damage he can receive [for example explosives would do some damage if he were between 6 ft and 15 ft...]. Gravity is also a big weakness in that if an enemy takes out one of his knees or manages to trip him up... he hits the ground HARD.
Skills: Majors in English and art classes, Atlas is a bit of a carpenter and is good with power tools.
Backstory: Alexander was born in a lower class family on the outskirts of the Tri-City [a city split in between Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina state lines]. He was the son of an abusive drunk father, who's life was ruined by booze and being discharged from the military before Alex was born. His mother was sick since before Alex could remember. While his father would still have his moments as far as being a decent father figure, the young man mostly grew up while among the rank of the local AAU wrestling team. He had average grades in everything but art and English, but he excelled in grappling on the wrestling team for roughly seven years during middle school and high school.
Some time between his sophomore and junior year of high school [Jefferson High School] around the age of 16-17, Alex discovered his mutant power of temporary giant growth but he managed to keep it under control. His enhanced strength and durability kicked in shortly before, but wrestling had the kid in pretty good shape already so he chalked it up to just being that badass. His mother died his senior year just as he'd made it home from a tournament with a 1st place state champion medal. Shortly after he quit the team and dropped out of school. His father blamed him for not being around enough for his mother one night while drunk and Alex had went through enough. He made a costume and had a handful of adventures drifting on the east coast between the ages of 19 and 22 teaming with Spiderman in NYC as well as the Thing once to take down a giant Dragon Man android. Looking for a place to call home, Alex showed up at the Xavier Institue at the request of another southern superhero and mutant he had met in his travels... Rogue.
Atlas - Alexander Warren
Age: 22 - Powers: Giant Growth, Strength, Durability - Personality: Stoic, Loyal, Ambitious
Sarina Saunders :Girl could make fire, I'm sure she's still out there somewhere... ~romantic
Aaron X : We're still friends, but Aaron's been a bit on edge since the mansion incident... ~friends
Joseph Baker:This guy seems like he'll be an Avenger soon or later. Still wish I could fly... ~friends
Roman Black : I've heard this guy's powers might have been altered, and that he's hanging out at the Hellfire Club/Bar whateverthehellitis. ~neutral
Heidi Williams:This girl chose to walk her own path and Caleb's got her back. Hope they both return to the X-Men some day...~friend
Cyrus Baker: This guy was probably smart enough to stay alive, no telling where he's landed....~neutral
Stephen 'Blank': Haven't seen this guy since the incident at the mansion. I hate to say it, but he's probably... ~dead
Peter 'Blank': Kid was an enigma to me. Hope for the best, but I'm prepared for the worst... ~dead
Booker Hendrix: Haven't seen the kid since the incident either, with his powers I''m sure he's out there somewhere. Good luck, 'Book... ~friends
Caleb Idlett: I've heard he and Heidi have become a pair and she's making some noise of her own with peaceful protests in the city...~friends
Loren Summers: Haven't seen this chick since the incident either, hope she's ok...~neutral
Alexander Warren: We've lost so many... Instead of asking my hero for his autograph, I'm having to stage a rescue to save his life. When the man of organic steel returns we'll almost have all the tools needed to get our people back from the MRD. ~big boy scout
X-Men: This dream of mutants and humans living peacefully among each other is bigger than me. I'm glad I've found something to fight for...
the Brotherhood: I respect Magneto, I just don't approve of his methods. I wonder how many of our people went with this guy in the end...
Hellfire Club/Bar Neutrals: I don't know how people can't get involved. I don't know what to make of this place, but if it's like half the clubs in the city it's a front for something...
CSS: From what I know of these mutants, they need to be taken down sooner than later.
[Co-GM]Roman as Roman Black A.K.A. Double-Time*
[Co-GM]Nariata as Cyrus Baker A.K.A. Radience*
Danger Rank 4.
Sarina stands at a height of 5 foot 7 inches, Latin American with long red hair which drapes over the shoulders. Sarina prefers to wear her hair freely but may at times decide to tie it up into a ponytail. She has medium size nose, hands, and ears with a square jaw line. She also has thin eyebrows, Red Eyes which once were light brown and average size lips. She has a toned athletic but curvy build with slender shoulders. Sarina also no longer covers up her tattoo's where one of which is on her outer thigh, one on each wrist and another on her upper right arm with another on her chest/cleavage area. Sarina now also sports some piercings with one on the mouth and another on the nose giving her that good girl gone bad look.
Sarina can be a confident individual, She is considered a outgoing person who can be a little careless at times which can lead her into troublesome scenarios. Sarina can get very angered quite easily but can actually be an approachable person and normally okay to interact with others with a generally good demeanour about her but might have an attitude at times, Sarina is longer shy to hide her red eyes which is part of the side effect of her power as she is longer ashamed of them and find's her eyes beautiful.
Sarina Considers herself quite open and honest to those around her who have earned her trust, that is something that is few and far between as she was growing up with her power developing with her however Sarina does have a Fiery temper and can have a short fuse. This is another side effect of her power as it effects her personality and emotions. This gives her a little bit of unpredictability of outbursts or how she will act or react with others. This can make her to be Cold, Precise and at times to the point when speaking her mind.
Fire Manipulation. (Pyrokinesis).
Sarina has the ability to control the kinetic energy of atoms to generate, control/manipulate fire Allowing to throw fire, Send jets of flames at a target, Hurl fireballs or even possibly cause a rain of fire. It is also handy to illuminate a dark area. In essence Sarina can excite or speed up an object's atoms, increasing their thermal energy until they ignite, not necessarily objects, but also air particles. She can control and move the flames.
She can at the moment release the fire from her hands with the potential in time to do so from her mouth for fire breath. She may be able to understand and control it enough for Pyrokinetic Combat like fire shield. Thanks to this amazing power and it's possible applications, Sarina has ended up with fireproof skin and thermal resistance something that is a life saver when playing with fire in the ways and possibilities this teen can.
Despite all those pluses and hidden potential, There are other downsides that factor into her power and for one Control is extremely important. Unconscious use of this power can be catastrophic to herself and others, Water and in an oxygen depleted environment rendering her power useless . As mentioned in personality Sarina's emotions can be affected by the Fire Manipulation.
Sadly not much can be said for her clothes though as one of the downsides is if not careful can burn her clothes of, something of which is not a good thing. There are still instances of Sarina getting burned if she abuses the power much or loses to much control.
+ self defence and basic hand to hand combat.
+ Other skills are mostly domestic.
+ Poi Dancing. ( Fire and Spark.)
Sarina was very much a lovely girl to be around when she was younger, Born to american military man military man and a Latin mother whose worked in retail work. Life was busy Although her parents would prefer the more quiet and peaceful life, Sarina was the opposite always running around like young kids do, she was able to make friend pretty well and was full of life and smiles, Her parents loved her so dearly. During the early life for some reason she had a thing for Mistletoe, It was probably to do with the special times of Christmas one thing that most children enjoy more and parents mostly remember those magical moments.
Life was pretty normal for the family until a certain moment, Sarina was now a nearing the age of a teenager and a pivotal changing moment in her live when her family found out about her power, Her power flared up when she entered puberty. But wasn't realized until she accidentally set fire to a girls hair when she tried walking of after being bullied, Of course she was excluded from school and people where convinced she was a mutant, However the police did find a lighter on her, she was forced to do some community service.
By this point the family decided to move, mainly to see if they could get Sarina into another school and possibly a private one. It failed and had to leave with her father after a failed attempt of capturing Sarina by the locals which resulted in being separated from her mother who was branded a Mutant Synthesiser by local authorities. This didn't help Sarina though as her normal life was gone, her old friends gone and not knowing what happened to her mother kills her inside. This started a small decline for her and began to be little anti social, combative and generally getting into trouble fortunately her father stayed by her side and would help teach her things he knew like and to keep her calm, it was hard for him but he loved Sarina to much to give up on her now.
There was no more major incidents thought until she was 16, No longer on the run for a while although her whereabouts was known by Charles Xavier. She was living in a new quiet countryside village things looked to be settling down for the teen, Keeping her secret and controlling it better without a stressful environment Sarina had life kind of back to normal. A boyfriend and a nice home with her father and no sign of trouble anywhere to be found, while she was happy here her father knew it would only be a matter of time.
Sadly that time came a year later and caused by emotional anger from her power, Sarina had a heated argument (Literally as it turned out afterwards) with her boyfriend as he wanted to take it further than she was ready for knowing what destructive power she had or he was not happy for she did not spend enough time with him that sparked it of. During the yelling at each other Sarina's anger got the better of her, Her eyes went red which was something that never happened before and went on to accidentally set fire to her boyfriends parents country house after losing control of her power.
Out of fear they both had to leave everything behind once again, Her father had no choice but to take Sarina to Xavier's Institute for Higher Learning. Sadly from the traumatic experience and pure anger caused by her losing control of her power, Sarina's eyes never recovered back to their natural colour and now stay red. When she arrived at the institute with her father carrying Sarina, she had burns on several areas of her body, She was left in the institutes care while her father went away promising to help non violent mutants seeking help.
After getting healed and being able to get back on her feet, Sarina spent her first week adjusting to her new environment and getting used to being with her own kind, She met some very interesting individuals all from different walks of life, Some she got one with while other she got the chance to know or get on with. As the month passed Sarina settled in nicely despite worrying about her father, she trained hard mentally and physically while furthering her education some more, The danger room sessions were the toughest in in her mind as she often ended burning her fellow mutants and more often than not setting of the fire sprinklers to some people's amusement.
She was finally happy by the time Halloween came up but unfortunately fate played a different hand for her and many others, On the night dancing with her friend before getting caught in the middle of their fighting she ran back to her room minutes before a massive attack on the mansion occurred by the organised military force. It was a horrific sight to see and endure as many died all over campus with plenty happening before her eyes, Sarina ran not thinking to help others something which will haunt her for a long time and has since bottled up her guilt since the escape. She was since picked up by a fellow mutant and taken to Hellfire club.
19 - Pyrokinesis - Confident, Speaks her mind, Feisty
♥ = romantic || ☺= friends || ☠ = enemies || ◑ = neutral
- Aaron X :[☠/☺] ◑ Aaron X.. I did Initially say the first thought was a spin of movie to Jason X. I might sound cruel saying that but it does. Either way I remember Aaron from when I first arrived here, While the nurses where caring for me while I recovered from my burns they let Aaron use his power of healing on me to heal some less severe burns on my body. I admit it made me uncomfortable having a stranger do anything like that. I get the feeling he is scared of me. I fear it might be to do with my powers, Over the month we didn't talk that much and maybe never will thanks to that attack on the mansion.
- Joseph Baker:[☺] ◑ Another guy I have not really met, With so many new people coming in you never know who you might meet or miss out on meeting. I have seen him around but as I said never really bumped into him. I have heard he is kind and caring and a person that prefer to often avoid a fight. either way I have nothing against him for that even after everything that has happened.
- Roman Black : ☺ Roman seemed to be a nice and approachable person and appears to very much to be a people person. I feel he may be a person I would of got on with, I thought his power would play on my temper, I mean the guy can split into two of himself last time I could remember, Over the month I never really got to speak with him being so busy with everything and I remember thinking to myself that trying to cope with at least two energetic versions of himself at once might really get on my tits. Guess we'll never know now.
- Heidi Williams: ☺ Well Heidi was my room-mate, I still get the feeling we are from two separate ends of the spectrum however, she is more shy and quiet while I was more confidant. She was actually nicer than I expected which I think will be a great basis for a good friendship, And her being like super smart is awesome and can't hurt anyone.... Well maybe bruise their ego a little bit. Our friendship developed really well over the month and it was great to have a good friend to talk with I only hope she is okay and survived.
- Cyrus Baker: ◑ I am not totally sure how to view this guy, I believe he could be a kind individual and I have seen him around quite often over the course of the month. He is bloody tall to! He seems to be trying to fit in But is respectful which I remember liking and was a Idealist. However he was a bit abrasive and withdrawn sometimes being blunt in his emotions. I believe it might be because he is shy or couldn't trust others but he was trying to socialize even if he was really in to video games, Still I think we were on mutual terms before the attack.
- Stephen 'Blank':[☺] ◑ I'm not to sure about this guy any more, But he has such a soft baby face appearance it's cute, Made me want to hug him at times, or even scruff up his hair with my hand... When it is not fire of course, I don't think he'll forgive me for that. I feel sorry for him though, He is shy and nervous around girls. Might be to do with him being a little withdrawn but I see it in his eyes sometimes when I look at him, The pain and abuse. Then he goes all red and runs off bless him. Sadly I feel that is the old him, I bumped into him recently since the attack, It really shocked the system and he felt like a different person but I couldn't place it but he was rather rude and aggressive towards me, I noticed he had a picture of me in his locket, how he got that I still don't know but I decided not to tell him who I am with my new look.
- Peter 'Blank': ☠ Don't really like this guy personally. Seen him around once or twice. I think I won't be socializing with him at all other than me slapping him or burning him. But have you seen this guy! He flipping glows in the dark and then all you see from that is he is all bone! I won't forget this nasty freak treating me the way he did that night and I might not ever forgive him.
- Booker Hendrix: ◑ Some one else I don't really know or Spoken to, He seems like a really quiet guy and keeps to himself, Can't say I blame him. Maybe he prefers the silence or solitude, Maybe he is just lack confidence or social skills when dealing with others. Have to see how things go if he survived the attack.
- Caleb Idlett: ☺ A really nice guy, He certainly seems to enjoy talking to people and I think he has a crush on my room mate Heidi, I think that is cute and would make a rather interesting pair, But yeah he is a friendly person and dam loud! Hell he even talks a lot though and is like a hamster on coffee and I hope to god he don't keep dropping the bass since the attack, I heard that from the female dorm! had ringing in my ears for a while from that, I wonder if he got out like me.
- Loren Summers: ☺ Loren is such a beautiful attractive young woman, Even her personality and the way she carries herself is brilliant, I swear me and her have some similarities or things in common. She is a risk taker and thrill seeker plus loves having a good time. Now that is something I love about her. some one that is not shy and honest. Okay so she can get cranky in the morning but don't we all at some point and I will never put that against her, She is a powerful Electrokinetic. We were great friends and got on well but I have not seen her since the day of the dance, I didn't find her anywhere and let her down as a friend.. I couldn't save her.
- Alexander Warren: [♥] ◑ Alexander is a rather hot looking guy if I may say so, I remember hearing that he is a actual hero or at least has experience fighting in the field, Certainly got good moral's but I never really got to know him or speak to him properly in the month so I might have to change that if I get the chance but I might of missed that opportunity, I wish I got to know him.
The X-Men: The good guys, the heroes, Even if the world realized it or not but they need heroes but maybe they are not ready for such things. X men believed in peaceful coexistence between both humans and mutants a like. It was a noble cause and one I actually hoped would come true and wanted to be part of the team but the X-men couldn't save us all and they are now gone, I do secretly hold a little hope that they are out there some where but what can they do?
The Brotherhood: The Brotherhood are another group of Pro-mutants lead by Magneto, The brotherhood believe in mutant superiority over the human race and I have seen on the news are the group reacting to the massacre of mutants at the mansion. Well at least I see them actively doing something about it even if it not all good.
Hellfire Club: A neutral place for mutants trying to simply stay out the way of the coming fight, to young or maybe not capable of defending themselves or harming others. I was brought here after I managed to escape the mansion attack by human forces, I am struggling to settle in, my last home was destroyed and these guys have a strict rule of staying out of the fight but how can anyone just sit here with their heads in the dirt and not worry a bout what is going on outside their walls?
CSS: The Clean Slate Society from what I have heard from rumour are a group of violent extremist pro-mutants, Other than that I have not seen or heard much else about them, I can only assume it is not good for the humans.
Name: Aaron X
Danger Rank: 4
Appearance: *with golden skin, golden eyes, and golden hair...*for the most part
Personality: The once shy, quiet, and hard to speak to Aaron is now completely different than his former self since the attack on the masion. Instead, his personality has changed dramatically to a high strung, tense and mostly angry. He speaks up only about choices he's going to make or missions but the thought processes behind most of what he says remains just that. He's still loyal to his friends and would have a hard time justifying killing any mutant. He's respectful up until a certain point where he just boils over and has lost all his patience. He doesn't like humans, and as much as he'd like revenge on the lot much like his favorite book, he's more focused on taking a stand with the x-men...thanks to lady luck.
Powers: First and foremost, he has Biological Manipulation which seems to be getting stronger with science knowledge, though advances more rapidly in times of turmoil.
- He can heal minor wounds through skin to skin contact, although, his body seems to be able to heal a majority of Aaron's own wounds quickly.
- He can cause cells to proliferate indefinitely causing tumors or cancerous cells and ultimately death, through skin to skin contact. *for now he isn't able to switch between these two powers*
- Fast Runner
- Defensive Skills
- Well Read.
Backstory: Aaron grew up at first in an orphanage, never knowing his real parents. Life there was hard even at a christian based one, as every orphan was for themselves, and the care (despite how 'virtuous') was horrible. It is a wonder he grew up loving rather than angry but what changed his view was not the bible but a book he stole from one of the care there. At fourteen, The Count of Monte Cristo showed him in a way he could perfectly understand, the concept of Karma, and how he needn't do anything to get back at a person, showing compassion could save someone. At age sixteen though, his powers activated and his skin turned all gold, which freaked him out to the point of running and hiding. Luckily for him, all they had at the orphanage were baggy hoodies and beaten up pants that were too long for him so nobody could see his freakish color. Scraping his knee against the concrete, when he turned to touch his wound, it healed to his surprise. Since then, he'd been homeless and begging for food until he got a message from Charles Xavier.
At age 18, With a slow nod of the head (since he thought he was going insane, The trek would have been a rough one but with nightcrawlers ability, it took seconds. He was stunned to see a different looking mutant, with such a cool power. Ever since his arrival, Aaron has been studying (and sometimes struggling) to catch up in his general education, after being taught so little in the orphanage and nothing since running away, that the practice of his healing ability was put on the back burner. This is another reason why he was so frustrated with his lackluster abilities. He tries to spend as much time as he can in the nurses office healing what he can, although he has yet to notice that the more he learns about biology, the better his healing abilities become.
At 20, life seemed to be looking up, especially after the first mission. He had a total of four friends, something he really wasn't used to and he was asked out on a date. However, times of socially awkward fun was cut short when his date, Melissa was killed, during the attack on the mansion. Aaron was broken over the whole ordeal, and if it wasn't for Joseph, he'd have probably stayed there to die. That was when his second mutation was triggered and he realized he didn't even have the power to heal his best friend anymore. Wildly running after a soldier, Aaron accumulated the blood of a man on his hands, causing his grotesque death with welts all over his neck. After escaping over the fence with Heidi, Cyrus and Joseph, they found a place of shelter. After Cyrus offering to bait any remaining foes away, Aaron made a deal with himself as to which faction he'd join. With Cyrus's safe return, he decided to join the X-men although he's still not quite sure this was the best idea.
20 - Biological Manipulation - Tense, Inattentive, Loyal
♥ = romantic || ☺= friends || ☠ = enemies || ◑ = neutral
- Gabriel Scott:I would assume he'd be able to teleport himself out of the danger at the mansion but assume the worst until told otherwise. That's what this ordeal has taught me.◑
- Sarina Saunders : Probably dead. I should have spent less time worried about her powers and more time worried about people outside of x-men. ◑
Aaron X : I just hope i'm making the right choices but it just feels like i'm wasting my time.
- Joseph Baker: My best friend...I...With him i still can't sort out most of what i feel but I do know i'm glad we haven't separated from each other...We've been through a lot and he still seems the same...or maybe i haven't been paying enough attention...☺/♥
- Roman Black : Assuming the worst here. We never really spoke but he was still a mutant.
- Heidi Williams: Heidi...It's funny how going through a lot of the same situations we would have extremely different opinions. It upsets me sometimes but at the very least i don't think we'll have to fight... I don't understand her at all but I want her to stay safe. ☺
- Cyrus Baker: I didn't like Cyrus at all until I saw his selflessness. I now know i was wrong and I respect him for it. We split up and went our separate ways, I can only hope we won't be on opposite sides of a fight. ☺
- Stephen 'Blank': Probably dead. I never spoke with him...People you once thought were insignificant now weigh down your soul. The glass was never half empty, It was all empty. ◑
- Peter 'Blank': Probably dead. Read above◑
- Loren Summers: ^^^◑
- Booker Hendrix: I used to keep my eye on him...and i should have kept on but it had to be that one night...Now he's most likely dead, and the odd thing is I haven't thought of him once. Just Melissa and that boy...☺
- Caleb Idlett: A close friend no doubt keeping Heidi safe. I wonder about him...If he's doing things for the right reasons but even if it's just out of love it's better Heidi isn't alone.☺
- Alexander Warren: Alexander has this complex about being a Hero (probably because he's done so much) and saving the day and it seems he's probably the only one of us unchanged by the whole thing.. He's a close friend but he can be out there at times. Still, I wish i could be as hopeful as he is.☺
Name: Joseph Baker
Danger Rank: 3
Joseph is a young man of average height at around 5 foot 7 and weights around at 140 pounds. His skin tone is olive with a light tan. He is fairly muscular and athletic like the majority of the students because of their rigorous training and exercise. He has dark colored eyes and a dark brown hair swept to the side.
Recently his body has been adorned with light tissue scars, mostly on his back, arms and legs because of the raid in the mansion. Most of his scars are barely noticeable unless inspected thoroughly, except for the one on the left side of his abdomen. The scar is the remnants of a bullet wound that grazed him.
Joseph is a nice guy who gives off the “guy next door” vibe. He is sweet, caring and generally the type of guy a girl or maybe even a guy would bring home to his parents. Friendly and personable Joseph is the guy who everyone likes and chances are he likes you too, but Joseph is not without his flaws. He is pacifistic and unsuited to a life of battle. His first instinct is to run away from the danger and into somewhere safe. In a fight he would be the type that would be carrying his teammates away if it’s possible to get away, if he can’t then he’ll stay away from the danger as much as possible, provide support in any way he can, and if he has to fight then he'll fight in self-defense and in a very non aggressive way. In spite of his inability to fight like a warrior Joseph is a good person who cares for his friends and will always be there for those who need him even at the cost if his physical and mental safety.
Jo still remains to be an overall good person in spite of what happened, but since the incident at the mansion he has started to become more open to fighting. For the most part he is still against violence and would still choose a more peaceful approach. In combat he began to use his powers more actively, often freezing his enemies and making the air around him to dull their senses.
Joseph has the ability to sprout a pair of blue translucent and intangible wings from his back. The wings allow him to fly and perform various aerial maneuvers as long as he can maintain their form. His ability is somewhat limited in that they only allow him to fly and flight isn't that useful unless he was a flying brick, but having the ability in itself is fun and he is not shy of using it at his own personal convenience. Another perk of having his wings is that he can make them appear at will and when they do sprout from his back they are intangible allowing him to easily blend in with the crowd and hide if he needs to, and not have to worry about having two large targets right next to him.
His other mutant ability is the power of Ice Breath. He can blow out a cold and freezing wind. Its ability to freeze is limited in that it only freezes the things it has immediate contact with which is enough to break off if the enemy has super strength or can shoot lasers, but because his ice powers don’t have a permanent shut off it is easy for him to make the air around him cold which makes freezing enemies and dulling their senses easy with just a few blows.
There are very few limitations to his powers, but his abilities aren’t all that powerful anyway. His ability to fly is dependent on his own mental ability, for him to manifest and maintain flight. If he for some reason get’s too distracted they will fade out into existence. Flying in itself is tiring, but carrying others and flying just by flapping his wings takes a huge toll on his mind.
His freezing ability although powerful is not something he has perfect control of. It doesn’t have a permanent off fucntuon so most of the time his breathing will appear like a fog. In itself the breathing aspect is a flaw in that if someone was to redirect his breath he can accidentally freeze an ally or someone innocent if he doesn't close his mouth. Another drawback is that his ability to create the breeze is solely dependent on how much air he can expel and how long he can maintain it, if he stops the breeze for even one second then the momentum stops and he’ll have to create a new one again so if if he is unable to breathe properly his ice breathe won't function.
Ad of late he’s been starting to notice that his body had been coler than normal and his wings have begun to appear a bit more opaque. His wings feel more solid as well, which troubles him because making them appear and disappear will become harder. He theorizes that if they become anymore solid they will begin to be more frozen as if they were made of solid ice that would regrow as they flap, and would have to crumble first before he can grow a new pair. The entire idea behind solid ice wings seems enticing to him because they would make for a good defense in a pinch, but they pose a certain fear in that they may too solid or heavy that he won’t be able to fly anymore, which troubles him a lot because he would miss flying.
His reluctance to fight head on has always diminished his hand to hand combat ability to their basic form, but what he lacks infighting ability he makes up for strategy and wit which has been one the few things that allow him to keep up with the more insanely powered mutant in his school.
Outside of the battlefield he is a scientist and a healer. Even before he became a mutant he has always been interested in mutants and their various powers as well as their biology and how their mutation works. While he is far from being a scientist on the levels of Dr. Mccoy and Dr. Rao he is well on his way to become one if he manages to survive his few remaining years at the institute. In terms of healing he is no doctor or a military doctor, but he knows his way around a the school’s sick bay and operating room.
Joseph is from a normal town in Connecticut, not grand, but not small just average and just like any other town in Connecticut. In this town it was either everyone knew everyone or you were a tourist visiting their town for their peaceful and quaint lifestyle. Living there was peaceful and nice, but not for a mutant. Joseph was lucky in that he had the ability to hide his ability ever since they first manifested when he was 15 and that his parents were accepting of him. Of course he wasn’t allowed to use his powers in public or tell anyone, but he was still lucky that he even had and that if he was careful he can fly to and from places quickly, but not everyone is lucky.
It had been a few months since his discover of powers when a certain incident happened. This incident centered around a schoolmate of Joseph’s not a friend, but someone he knew Lucas. Unlike Joseph who manifested his powers while he was asleep this person manifested his while in school and unlike Joseph who had the rather harmless ability to fly and freeze things when he wanted to Lucas had the rather dangerous ability of telekinesis. In the hand of an expert and telekinetic can make life easier, but at the hand of someone inexperienced it could cause severe damage to everyone around him. Lucas was little too unfortunate that when his telekinesis first popped up he blew the wall right off the classroom landing several feet away.
The whole thing was a disaster, but luckily no person was seriously hurt or damaged, but then again when Lucas was found out as a mutant people instantly disregarded him as a person. It was obvious that Lucas was not in control of his abilities at the time, but the police didn’t see it that way. They saw it as a rogue monster on path of destruction instead of a helpless teenager who can’t control his own powers. They shot him multiple times until Lucas bled to death.
It was horrible. It was on the news. It made Lucas the villain of this short story. It made his parents become outcasts and were forced to leave town. This whole event was a slap to Josephs face, but it was a much needed slap.
He couldn't live a normal life in this town if he had to hide who he was and he would never be able to live with himself if people found out that his parents have been hiding him. He didn't want what happened with Lucas an his family happen to him and his family. It was a week after the whole incident with Lucas when he and his parents contacted the institute. It was a sad farewell, but it was peaceful, quiet and didn't raise any alarms.
Joseph Baker AKA Bluejay
17 - Ice Breath/Flight - friendly, social, boy socut
♥ = romantic || ☺= friends || ☠ = enemies || ◑ = neutral
· Gabriel Scott: ☺ He’s a good guy.
· Sarina Saunders : ☺ We’ve never really bonded, but I know her powers are strong and that she’s not one to back down so I think she’s safe.
· Aaron X : ☺ He's one of my closest friends and he's really important to me. And yes I can finally say it with confidence that he is like Lucas, but it is because of this that I worry for him especially now with the way he’s becoming a little too dark and angry.
· Roman Black : ◑ The last time I saw her was before the party. Id din’t see him that night, but I hope he made it out okay, plus I’ll miss seeing the lot of him. That being said I’m sure he is fine given what he can do.
· Heidi Williams: ☺ She knows herself well and she’s very smat, and those are qualities I admire in a person. We parted in good ways so I wish her the best in her goals and given how smart she is I’m sure that whatever it is that she plans on doing she’ll achieve.
· Cyrus Baker: ☺ He sacrificed himself for us and that’s something I can never forge. We may have lost our lives if it wasn’t for him so I hope that he’s okay.
· Stephen 'Blank': ◑ We’ve never properly taked before, but I’m hoping he’s okay wherever he is. That being said a part of me is worried that if he is okay then he’s not all that stable.
· Peter 'Blank': ◑ Our last encounter during the training session left a bad taste in my mouth. Naturally I hope he made it out okay and that wherever he may be he’s doing fine, plus I’ll still love to work on that skin of his.
· Alexander Warren: ☺ He’s a very cool guy, and I admire him even more now that things have become this chaotic. He’s a good leader, but I just hope that he can handle being a leader because most X-Men leaders don’t have sucha good track record.
· Caleb Idlett: ☺ I’m glad he’s alive and that he’s doing well okay with Heidi. Naturally I wish the two of them were wuth us, but it can’t be helped. We’ve have ways to contact each other so I know they’re doing fine for now.
Silver carrot as Heidi Williams A.K.A. Prodigy*
CrimsonWarrior5 as Stephen A.K.A. Bloodbath*
thatguy12 as Peter A.K.A. The Heat
Soundbyte as Clyde Light A.K.A. A.C.* dropped out
Paingodsson as Caleb Idlett A.K.A. Bass*
Lillium as Loren Summers A.K.A. Livewire*
pyroman as Booker Hendrix A.K.A. Broadsword*
[GM] Lord Wraith as Gabriel Scott A.K.A. Warp*[DECEASED]
HellOfALife as Zhayne Spencer A.K.A. Animus*
BiHeathen as Daniel Green A.K.A. Chlorophyll*
Elosai21 as Josiah Delarme A.K.A. Taka
JayChalla as Landon Covar A.K.A. Crow
violetember as Ashlynn Lua Rozen A.K.A. Élan vital
MotherLovely as Casperi "Casper" VonLudmira
Evangelon as Pandora Whittmore A.K.A. Phantasm
Other Characters [NPC's]
Wolverine [MIA somewhere in Canada]
Colossus [captured by Brotherhood?]
Xavier [captured by MRD]
Shadowcat [capture by MRD]
Nightcrawler [captured by MRD]
the Clean Slate Society
Name: Unknown. He doesn't remember.
Code-Name: Mr. Tabés
Age: Near a century, if not over. He remembers marveling at the great machines brought by the Industrial Revolutions, and the slave-driving brought by those who sought to profit from it.
Danger Rank: 5
Appearance: Tall and unnaturally lean. He is wiry almost to the bone; his muscles, while clinging to existence, never once having the chance to strengthen and build up. His skin is almost sloughed off - in a constant flux state of decay and rejuvenation he bears the resemblance of a burn victim, or close to a semi-fresh corpse. His eyes are a milky white, and yet still allow him sight, and his hair is non-existent, never getting the chance to grow.
Personality: Due to the constant severing and re-building of the connections in his nerves and neurons throughout his body and inside his mind, Mr. Tabés doesn't have a single, true personality - instead, he is constantly reinventing his thoughts and motivations every second. He is entirely unpredictable, completely insane, and absolutely dangerous.
Powers: Mr. Tabés was born with the ability to break down the chemical bonds between molecules, severing the connections holding atoms together and, through touch, causing items to simply disintegrate into nothing. However, while this decay affects other items through will and touch, it affects his entire body as a whole, constantly rotting him away from the very core outwards.
This would have killed him minutes after his birth, were it not for his other ability - a extremely rapid and consistently active accelerated healing capacity, rejuvenating his body and mind as quickly as his decay breaks it down. He suffers aesthetically and mentally, of course, but stays alive nonetheless. His healing seems able, from past experience, to mend major trauma - but will not counteract or cure the severing of bonds causing his rotting.
It would seem that, for the most part, his decay and his healing have created an equilibrium. Mr. Tabés doesn't have the presence of mind to care, though.
Skills: An innate and terrifying capacity for cruelty and ruthlessness. A disturbing lack of mercy and empathy. A complete unpredictability in actions and objectives. An absolutely unreadable mind. Mr. Tabés rarely makes sense to himself; everyone else is left in the dust, if not six feet under.
Backstory: Mr. Tabés cannot remember exactly when he born. He has slight patches of being homeless at a young age, small flashes of complete loneliness. He imagines his appearance manifested shortly into his life, maybe immediately, and he was discarded as a babe out of fear and disgust. He imagines he grew up stealing to eat and drinking sea and rain water, lapping from puddles in the middle of the night when no one would see him. He imagines that he watched the world form around him and understood little of it; he imagines that ending his suffering never stuck, and that an empty life drove him to a brink he didn't know he had; his mind stopped trying and he broke as a person.
Now he is Mr. Tabés, latin for Decay. Now he has followers, mentally imbalanced themselves. Now he has fun.
Danger Rank: 4
Appearance: A dark-skinned woman with short hair (shaved sides, slicked back to a point down back of neck). She wears skin-tight black shorts, a small skin-tight black top (bottom cuts off just below breasts; top cuts off at collar bones; sleeveless), and DocMarten boots on her feet.
Miasma has gill-like slits on several locations on her body:
-the back-sides of her neck, from behind her ears to just above the nape
-the sides of her upper-arms and small slits across her wrists
-the sides of her back
-the backs of her shins
Powers: Miasma is able to inhale vast quantities of air, change its properties within her lungs, and then expel it from any or all of her slits as any number of gases to cause various effects. Such gases can include knock-out gas, simple sight-impairing smoke, highly toxic vapour, and pressurized streams of corrosive or otherwise harmful concoctions.
Skills: Miasma has an extreme lung capacity, allowing extended periods without breathing (e.g. underwater). She also has an extreme resistance to air-based toxins and gases.
Backstory: Born on the African continent, Miasma's large family was murdered in a riot, choked in their home behind barricaded doors as the building swam in mustard gas. Miasma survived throughout the entire ordeal, breathing the gas as deeply and easily as she would air. She felt the chemicals flow through her and change within her lungs, coming back out as a neutralizing agent and eliminating the gas. Miasma's body awoke at the same time, slits tearing open, and the skin folding open and closed as she inhaled and expelled.
She wrought terrible destruction down on those that orphaned her. She wreathed her body in toxic gas, becoming a phantom of poison and corruption. Corrosive gasses surged from her arms in pressurized streams, dissolving those that were caught. She ran, murdering those that would stop her.
She made her way to the US aboard a cargo ship, and slept under bridges and cardboard. She was recruited after surviving a siege by Viscera's children on one of his hunting nights. Miasma wishes to envelope the globe in gas, and choke out the life from all.
Danger Rank: 3
Appearance: Flay is a white, young 'pixie girl'. Self-styled as 'dark', she has jet-black, short-cut hair which is constantly spiky & textured. She also has several piercings - her lip, ears, and several places on her body.
Flay's clothing constantly incorporates the colour black, mesh fabric, and often accessorizes chains. She prefers short and loose skirts over shorts or trousers for easier movement, and trainers over boots for fleetness of foot.
Powers: Flay possesses mild ferrokinesis, and is mostly able to manipulate the sharpness of any metal implement in order to allow them to cut through almost anything, given sufficient force.
She also has a slightly advanced healing capability. This ability is nowhere near Wolverine's or Mr. Tabés in terms of power and speed, but enough to fade bruises and mend cuts reliably quickly in the midst of combat, which allows her to be far more reckless - and dangerous - in her fighting style. More serious injuries take days, but it's still better than weeks or months.
Skills: Flay's weapons of choice are two lengths of heavy-duty chain, which she has trained extensively with to maximize her effectiveness with them. Using her training, her natural muscle-mass, and the momentum of her chains in full swing, she is able to cause serious trauma, both blunt and sharp.
She also keeps several knives and straight-razors upon her person in case she gets disarmed, and is a decent duelist with these smaller blades as well.
Backstory: Flay was, once, an ordinary young girl with school troubles, teenage drama, and loving but misunderstanding parents. Then she got in a fight in the wrong part of town, and got cut, and healed. And then she blacked out, coming too only after she had used her newly-discovered powers to eviscerate the attackers, and the friend she had been out with. She went home, sticking to a story of gang violence, and shut herself in. She experimented with her healing, and her new ferrokinesis.
And then things got worse. Then Mr. Tabés found her.
Her parents were slain by her own hand, forced to at near-gunpoint by Mr. Tabés and his two compatriots. She broke, and fell under his wing, retreating completely. Now she falls completely into the intricate beauty she can carve into the flesh of others, and wishes to make a masterpiece of everyone - and, after her art paints the landscape, herself.
Danger Rank: 4
Appearance: A tall, emaciated man, sporting thin, slicked hair and unkempt stubble. He wears dirty clothes, and a smock apron smothered in dried blood and bile that appears to be made of skin. His saliva is filled with blood, and it drips from his mouth to cover his lower jaw and drip to his chest. Most of his teeth are vicious points, perfect for tearing and mulching organic matter.
Powers: Viscera has a form of biokinesis, the main portion of which is the ability to produce small flesh constructs within himself and vomit them up. These constructs are not directly controlled by Viscera, but are psi-linked to him, affording him some modicum of influence; in essence, the constructs act like well-trained attack animals.
Viscera's biokinesis has a second function, however. Viscera is able to ingest vast quantities of organic matter, living or dead, and use the extra mass to alter his own bodily form. Mostly this is used offensively, to form claws and sickles of tendons and bone, or clubs of muscle.
Skills: Viscera is shockingly hardy for his thin frame, able to take surprising amounts of punishment should his opponent first get past his flesh spiders, and then defeat Viscera himself. He is also able to unhinge his jaw and open his mouth to a frightening degree, which improves his ingestion of matter, and also allows him to use his vicious teeth viably in the heat of combat.
Backstory: Not long ago an ordinary, mild-mannered man, Viscera possessed a wife, a home, even a job. Sadly, he and his wife were trying to conceive, failing numerous times - tests revealed that Viscera was infertile, and turned up strange mutations in his blood. These peculiarities were also found in his wife, who was discovered to be barren. His wife formed an intense hatred of her husband, and Viscera blacked out after a violent argument at their home. He awoke with his house crawling with the first of his Flesh Spiders, purring and clicking and chirping, several of them climbing on and around Viscera himself, proffering small bits of meat from their maws to his. The meat of his wife. He broke, and accepted the creatures as the children he was meant to have, birthing them from his bowels willingly and lovingly. They cared for him, bringing food and water, even sacrificing themselves when there were no drunks or homeless to be found, and he cared for them, keeping them safe, strengthening them and himself.
He was the first associate Mr. Tabés found and recruited, and together they formed a disgusting duo, planning to extend their company far beyond each other and Viscera's children. So far, they have recruited two more - Flay and Miasma - but while Viscera is content with his creatures, Mr. Tabés is certain that their flock will soon expand.
[All Players Are Expected To Read This Section.]
10/31/13 - This RP will be limited to invite only for any new recruits. There will also be an open door policy for any past players listed above.