OOC IS UP
"The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight. They had thought with some reason that there is no more dreadful punishment than futile and hopeless labor." Albert Camus
Date: Lioa 24th, 1179.
To whom it may concern,
Our world is dying and it's our fault.
Our once beautiful world will forever be stained with the blood of these past five years and it's our fault. Though I am well aware that many of you reading this think much the opposite, this is something that must be said. You blame the “Dark god” Araya for the Great Rift in the west, you blame him for sending forth his legions and you blame him for the many dead souls which shall never find rest. The ignorance of a spoiled population is bliss indeed. What's worse is this ignorance has led to inaction and this inaction is pushing all of our species towards the brink of Oblivion.
Ignorance is no longer a valid excuse. Inaction is no longer a way to deal with this threat.
Even if the war has not reached your areas it WILL. Everything you hold dear will be swept away by what is coming and there is nothing that can change that unless something drastic happens. I have a plan, one that nobody expects; not even Araya. This plan I have is both simple to understand but impossible to comprehend.
My plan is we kill the god Araya.
I send this letter to you now from the sleepless battlefield in the hopes of you joining me. Even if you have questions and even if you doubt that this is even possible I ask you to meet me; one week from today in Alberich at the White Scribes Inn. I can't promise anything more than answers and the quest of a lifetime.
THE BASIC STORY
- 5 years before the start of this RP there was a cataclysmic event in the far western side of this world which created what is called the “Great Rift”
- The Great Rift is a “tear” between our realm and that of the “Dark god” Araya
- Very few people know how this happened, and those who do are either dead or missing. The end result is clear however, 5 years of perpetual war has been waged by the combined forces of all races versus Araya and his legions. A war we are losing slowly.
- The Watcher sends out this letter to your character, some sort of important person in relation to the war. Be it a warrior, leader or politician. You meet The Watcher and join him on his quest.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
What can you expect if we get enough interest?
- Creative licenses in character design. Though there are all the normal races you will find in a fantasy world, I will allow you to “create” a race, though over the top creatures will be denied on the spot.
- A high fantasy world of it's own.
- A story all our own. Even though the beginning is known and the end predetermined the middle part is entirely up to us. Our actions throughout the story will shape how the final confrontation with Araya will end up.
- Much more than I care to admit.
I posted this IC awhile ago and had many people were intersted, but then things took a turn for the worse when my internet went out for around a month because the city i am in is upgrading cable lines or something like that. I am now reposting to get a general idea on who is intersted and if i should write the OOC soon.