Co- GM: Izzy
The IC: http://roleplayerguild.com/showthrea...77#post9917277
CS Depository: http://roleplayerguild.com/showthrea...60#post9707360
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TXXkQHCMYo
The Plot and Setting
A sandbox style crime drama centred around the Hutchinson family of London’s east end. There isn’t really an overarching plot other than survival. The main reason of the roleplay is to examine the damaged relationships of the family as they strive to survive in a world of crime, betrayal, adultery and lies.
As stated earlier, most of the rp will be played in modern day London however there will be chances to venture out of the city to…well anywhere you want as in this world, crime pays.
The Story So Far...
Syd Hutchinson was a man to be feared but he wasn’t always that way. He was born a meek and quiet boy in London’s east end. However, young Sydney had it rough. He never met his birth father and was never claimed by any man as his own. His mother was a hard girl “prostitute” and brought a different man home every night. Occasionally the patrons would beat on her and try as he might when he would step in, Syd could do nothing about it. When Sydney entered his teenage years, WW2 broke out. Seeing a chance to escape he enlisted and never returned home to London until the war was over. When he returned, he found his mother had died several months earlier after picking up a particularly vicious punter. However, meek little Syd was gone; the war had changed him.
Unable to find steady work, Syd took to theft and then eventually he made a friendship with another young war vet, Jerry Docherty. If Syd was the brains, then Jerry was most certainly the brawn. The Hutchinson/Docherty partnership was a fruitful one and over the course of several decades, the two began to build their own criminal empire. Syd also met and fell in love with Jerry’s sister Molly. Syd had big plans for their growing family and decided to cut Jerry out of the picture, killing him in cold blood whilst he was at a barbers shop. This little event is often mythicized in London’s underworld and it gave Syd a new nickname “The Barber”.
Molly and Syd went on to have a large family late on in their lives. They had twelve children, all of whom would eventually wind up somehow involved in the family business. Syd’s operation was mostly conducted out of his favourite bar “The Stag and Crown” where he spent the latter part of his life. Over the course of his long life, Syd had become a proper east end villain. His legend was ended surprisingly by the hand of his own son. After a particularly heated argument with his eldest daughter, Syd attempted to push the girl. However Paddy, his oldest son, was having none of it and punched his father in the head. Syd fled to the Stag and Crown but collapsed outside the door, suffering a brain haemorrhage from the punch.
After serving a short prison sentence for manslaughter over the death of his father, Paddy would take Syd’s place as head of the family and ever since then; the Hutchinson’s have risen to new and frightening heights in the criminal underworld. Operating out of the newly completed and extremely lavish “Hotel Britannia” the Hutchinson family rule the streets of London with an iron fist but their power is not without great personal cost…
- 1923 - Heavily pregnant Siobhan Hutchinson moves from Ireland to London and gives birth to baby Syd.
- 1924 - The Docherty family arrive in London with baby Jerry, also from Ireland
- 1936 - Molly Docherty is born
- 1939 - Syd (16) lies about his age and joins the army at the start of WW2
- 1944 - Siobhan Hutchinson is beaten to death by a punter
- 1945 - Syd (22) returns from the war
- 1946 - Syd and Jerry meet and begin their partnership
- 1947/1975 - The Hutchinson and Docherty partnership is fruitful and the two begin to build a strong criminal empire. Syd marries Molly.
- 1975 - Syd kills Jerry over conflicting visions
- 1979 - Syd and Molly welcome their twins, Patrick and Alannah
- 1979/1997 - Syd and Molly have ten more children
- 1997 - Alannah and Syd end up in a hated argument which results in Paddy punching his father in the head and causing his death. Paddy is sentenced to three years in prison for manslaughter.
- 1999 - Paddy is released and takes over the family with guidance from his mother
- 2000/2013 - The Hutchinsons power grows exponentially and they become the strongest crime family in London. Construction on Paddys masterpiece "The Hotel Britannia" is completed
- Molly Hutchinson (Recurring)
- Patrick Hutchinson
- Barry Hutchinson
- Rebecca McPherson (Recurring)
- Ian Hutchinson
- Esther Hutchinson
- Harry Hutchinson (Recurring)
- Olivia Hutchinson (Recurring)
- Keela Hutchinson
Spouses and Other Associates:
- Orlagh Hutchinson
- Sean McPherson
- Oliver Moyer (Recurring)
- Emily Knight (Recurring)
- Margarita Talamantez (Recurring)
(Please send all CS' to either myself or Izzy for approval)
Appearance: Picture. No Anime/Manga etc.
Quote: Something said by your character or a descriptive phrase
Nickname: If Applicable
Occupation: Both legitimate and illegitimate if that’s applicable
Relationship Status: Single/Married/Divorced/Widowed
Family: As the Hutchinson’s are a large family, just immediate family is needed so parents/spouse/children
Personality: Two paragraphs at the least
Biography: Three paragraphs at the least
Cast Status: Main/Recurring
Extra: Anything extra
Just a quick opinion from your character on the other characters, a few lines will do here.