No one knows what happened. No one can say for sure what to do. All we can do is survive, day by day, until one day we can make something new from the remains of the old.
To put it simply, imagine a large and history rich fantasy world, with all sorts of magic and mysterious beings. Now imagine that something came along and destroyed nearly all of it, leaving nothing but their ruins. That is our world. This is where you must survive it.
Honestly, not much. This is a wide-open sandbox, free-form RP taking place in a post-apocalypse fantasy world. I do have some plots if you feel like chasing them, but they're more like quest; just sort of things you can pursue on your off time. For the most part, the important thing is just surviving this world. Any goal or aspiration beyond that will have to be pursued on your own time. Here is some information you should know though:
There is no large standing city or kingdom/empire/federation/etc; most have been wiped out due to the calamity fifty years ago. There are ruins of such places, but it's likely that they're a hive for monsters or bandits. There are plenty of small towns or villages dotted around the world, but unless you clear it with me they're sparsely guarded, forced to pay for "protection" from the local bandits or warlord. There are countless ruins around the world both acting as strongholds for various foes as well as hiding powerful treasures for those who can get to them. Education is low since the only colleges and schools have been wiped out, and magic itself is a rarity since almost everyone who knows anything about it is either dead or in hiding. The trading system is entirely reliant on bartering goods; gold and silver have very little value without a kingdom or some sort of power backing them, so if you want to buy something you had best have something of equal value to trade. Banditry and other crime is rampant throughout the world without a policing force, and even those who try to instill order end up no better than the thugs they're trying to get rid of.
1. I will be the acting GM of this RP. I will have the final say in all decisions.
2. Don't God-Mod. I know that might seem fairly obvious, but I'm going to remind you anyways. If you are doing a collaboration, please title it such so there isn't any misunderstandings.
3. Keep OOC chatter in the OOC. If you have questions, comments, concerns, feel free to put it in the OOC or PM me.
4. Check the OOC frequently. There will be updates in the story in there, and if you ever feel lost, just ask.
5. Enjoy yourself.
6. If you've glanced over the rules, mention cookies somewhere in your CS for approval.
7. I want a semi-balance of dedication and writing quality. You don't need to make walls of text, but you need more than just four sentences a post, and I require good grammar and punctuation.
8. All post will be done in third person (That means no "I" unless your character is actually speaking).
9. Those who are missing for more than a week without any prior warning will be put on ice and left out of the story. Eventually I will kill your character, and their loot will be divided up to the other players.
10. If you've read rule six I now want you to mention coffee and/or five sugar cubes with or without cream instead of cookies.
Image: (I don't really care what you put here as long as it's work safe, though remember that this is a fantasy world, and what your character is wearing doesn't necessarily mean that you have it unless you tell us you do)
Name: (Fairly obvious)
Age: (This has some importance; the calamity happened fifty years ago, so unless your character is forgetful they may know a thing or two about the world before. Thus, this is very important; unless your character has amnesia or something, no one older than fifty, even if you're an elf or a vampire or other ageless creature)
Race: (I'm pretty open about this too, and you're not forced to act stereotypical with these. You want to be a demon trying to run a chapel? Go right ahead. A dwarf who values nature and condones violence? Won't last long in this world but go ahead and shoot. Some sort of holy winged humanoid bent on the deaths of all mortals? Cool.)
Origins: (This is basically your History, but you don't need to write much. Just put down how your first started out and what you are now: Maybe you were once just a farm boy who rose to be a slayer of trolls, or a Bandit Warlord now just a petty theif.)
Traits: (Personality, though if you feel like you'd rather show it through the RP that's fine too. Just put down things that you see your character as. We'll see for ourselves if your character lives up to the description.)
Possessions: (Stuff you have with you. Can including animals, magic abilities, buildings, etc. But I will warn you; if I feel that what you have is too powerful I will tell you to change it. Once.)
Misc: (Anything else that you feel that you need to put down that can't fit to above.)