"It's a world full of chaos now. You'd better band together or be prepared to be left behind."
It's been 31 years since the Falling, a day when 7 asteroids hit the Earth. A society has risen, and fallen... Giving way to a new Regime. The only way to stop this Regime from destroying the land will be for factions to come together and put aside their pasts. Deep wounds don't heal without scars though, and some would rather watch the world burn before helping each other.
Three types of people inhabit this new Earth:
The Gifted, humans with exceptional powers from the Radiation the Falling created, are now being hunted and turned into slaves. Their powers vary from being able to turn invisible to mind control. The only catch is, the more they use their powers the faster they die. Even though their bodies have adapted to the Radiation, is hasn't recycled it completely. They are still in danger of turning into one of the Morbus, and losing their powers all together.
The Pure, humans who were completely untouched by the Radiation. In the beginning, they ran the world. They created order from chaos, and made sure that everyone was taken care of. They fell from power as the number of Morbus rose, and they were sent into hiding after the Curing War. The Curing War broke out when the Morbus learned that an antidote for the Radiation could be made by the blood of the Pure. The Pure learned that the blood of three Pure would purge the Radiation from the Morbus, and even from the Gifted, but that was too much for them to give.
The Morbus are the current rulers of society. Many of the high powered Morbus had been Gifted who abused their powers to the point of deformation. They are twisted people, generally with no morals. Many of them are too sick to function, but several others are able to walk, talk, and even go into the sunlight without being burnt. They must always wear gas masks when not in their homes, though. The Radiation is still in the air, and still harmful to them. Some more extreme Morbus hunt down the Pure and drink their blood or devour them, hoping that it will in turn cure them.
Our story takes place in Upstate New York, where three different factions are growing. The Sol, the Aureus, and the Terra. Based on who chooses to lead these factions will decide whether or not they form alliances, or become enemies. Each group's leader will dictate how they treat other Gifted, Pure and Morbus characters. All characters will have been wandering around the United States, if not the World, in search of finding people who share their ideals.
Groups and their leaders will be able to build communities, and run their faction as they would run a small country. There can be a leader, a sub-leader, you can make your faction be a theocracy... Anything. For the start, we will only have the Sol, Terra and Aureus, but if we pick up members and someone wants to break off and make their own faction, we can definitely do that too.
Starting out, these factions won't be bothered by the Regime government. However, as we're going along I will play as the Regime (if you'd like to help me do this, please PM me) and you will learn that they're coming in to check on the people. When they arrive to your cities/towns/camps, you are allowed to either comply with their demands, or fight back. Remember, if you choose to fight back, you are fighting against an entire army that will have other hired Gifted in it, not just a group of sick people. So, unless you have alliances established, or a good number of people in your group I don't suggest fighting back.
What is Allowed:
- Romance: As long as you keep to the rules of the forums. Anything intense can be done over PM.
- Violence: Fighting will inevitably take place. You must let myself and the person you are going to fight know that you intend on challenging them.
- Killing: You are allowed to kill other members of the role play, however, the person you intend on killing must be okay with it. Like fighting, you must let myself know that you've agreed upon it, and that it is going to take place.
- Spying: You can spy on the Regime, or other factions.
- Having Multiple Characters: You may have up to three characters. However, you must be able to keep up with them, and they cannot exclusively interact all the time.
What is not Allowed:
- Being exempt from the Gifted's weakness: If you use your power a lot, you will suffer both long term and short term problems from it. The more powerful you are, the more weakened you are by using said power.
- Randomly taking over someone's group: You must have permission from the group leader if you are going to challenge/take over a faction, and I must be informed that its happening and both parties are okay with it.
- Abandoning a Character: If you're playing more than one character, don't have one just floating around. They must all be active. If you find that you'd like to get rid of a character you can kill them, or write out how they've left
I'll put up more things, like how to become a leader of one of the factions, powers (and how they damage) etc... Once there's a little interest (: I might even make a group for this... We'll see how it goes~
Faction Name: Terra
Area: Area 2
Ruler's Name: Taint
Government Type: Dictatorship
Main Imports: Tech/Food
Main Exports: Slaves/Captured Land/Materials
Stance on Pure and Morbus Peoples: Terra belive that Morbus are the next step in evolution, they think pure are scum, only good for blood, and gifted should serve Morbus.
Faction Name: Sol
Area: Area 3
Ruler's Name: Athinar Sylver
Government Type: Survivalist Republic (Mainly a loose organization that follows a leader, has the right to elect representatives to the annual council, and elects a new leader once the old one dies.
Main Imports: Tools & Medical Supplies
Main Exports: dry food, fish, and mercenary protection.
Stance on Pure and Morbus Peoples: Are mainly Pure, but have no quarrel with Gifted, unless they misuse their power, and are disgusted and horrified by the Morbus, and usually shoot on sight, unless a friendly one comes under the flag of truce/surrender.