I've become slightly addicted to The Old Republic in recent weeks (damn you Bioware!) and as such my interest in Star Wars is growing. So I would like to start an RP based roughly around what goes on in the game. Basically everything will be quite open ended in terms of where we will go and what the characters will be able to do. The time is roughly around the time of the game however the general storyline will be so...
The Republic audaciously attack Dromund Kaas through the use of infiltrators and suprise attacks. Extensive damage has been inflicted on the Sith Empires Capital and as such they are after their pound of flesh. However, rather than retaliating full force, the Sith have decided to bide their time and resort to precision strikes on key Republic locations such as shipyards and planets key to logistical operations. Only once this has been accomplished will the Empire move forward to full scale warfare. This is where players will come in.
Everyone who signs up will be part of a task force assigned in completing the precision attacks. In between each mission there will be the opportunity for characters to mingle in some downtime or to go off and do their own thing so you can flesh them out a bit away from the action. Missions will range from simple boarding action against Republic vessels, to deep undercover operations on planets such as Hutta.
Thats basically it for now, i'll go more in depth in the OCC should enough interest be shown.
1. You don't need to be a Star Wars buff to join (because i'm not), but some experience with The Old Republic game would be good. I mean i'm only level 25 at the minute but you can pick up quite a few things early on in terms of key characters.
2. Obviously I don't really need to say it but it is always worth mentioning, no being God.
3. All characters will be Imperial (sorry no Jedi) and ideally there will be a good range of character types. I don't want to end up with everyone running round carrying lightsabers lol. Classes and Race will be limited to what is playable in The Old Republic (locked races will be allowed).
4. In terms of the skills/power/weapons/support items your character has, again this will be limited to what your class has access to in the game. So no Force Lightning for an Imperial Sniper.
5. Alignment will be open so people can be more to the light side as much as it is an option in the game or they could just be totally dark side. It is entirely up to you.
6. Most importantly I want this to be fun so try to get some interesting characters in!
That is basically it. Hopefully I can get enough interest, if not then thanks for taking the time to read this atleast