Urban Fantasy RP Idea
Despite knowing that they were not supernatural, many primitives around that time worshiped them, gave them praise and idolised them. In the past they had protected the Earth from invasion by aliens, some of the ancients - now long gone, had helped the Elder Lords protect the Earth from the machinations of the beings from the Abyss.
Now the Governments of the world hunt them, using stolen alien tech that many believe comes either from the
- First off once my idea is clearer this will likely be high Casual or Advanced. Let's put my cards on the table here, right off the bat.
- This is going to follow mythology to a large extent - those being included will be Persian and Hindu.
- Power level will be Chronicle level, or for those that have never seen it, Movie X-Men.
Okay so this will leave you with a whole slew of ideas most likely. Here's the mythology behind it.
There are the following races:
- Jinn, these suffered a split during the God-Wars prior to the fall of Atlantis and become the Daveas and Asuras, or Gods and Titans.
- Ahuras, also spirits made of light and closely resemble angels.
- Amesha Spenta. Naturally occurring immortals, hence the name 'Bounteous Immortals'. These are the ones flying in vimanas in various mythologies through the world
Now I have some templates for these which I will put up if there is enough interest. Think of most of the preternaturals as following science to some greater or lesser extent. Now magic does exist that outright breaks those rules, but the players won't have that kind of oomph, and those that did have left the planet.
Would there be any interest in this?
Last edited by Rogerd; 09-26-2013 at 02:33 AM.
This sounds interesting, though a wee bit complicated.
How does this breakdown into an RP?
How do those "gods" that you described fit into the current myths we have in our present culture?
I've basically taken it all from mythology, mainly Persian and then compared it with myths across the world (read Europe & Asia).
Originally Posted by Gevurah