It's been so many years since the defeat of Dark Samus and the collapse of the planet Phaaze. Since then, however, the Space Pirates have all but given up in our war against them. as more and more lives are being claimed in the name of a conflict that seemingly has no end, humanity has looked to the stars in search of a weapon that can end our suffering in Samus's absence.
What we found made us wish we hadn't tried to search for help...
It was the Chozo who had named Tallon IV as "Tallon FOUR," not just "Tallon." We thought "four" was just an arbitrary number, or a word with a different meaning in their language.
We were wrong...
Metroid Prime IV: Rebirth
Character Sheets in this rp will be a two step process: Characters and Power Suits. To make things easy and fair, all characters are going to be original concept humans, enlisted in the Galactic Federation in the war against the Space Pirates. As for suits, I will display four "example suits" to show how I want you all to design your suits. Also upon first-come-first-serve requests, I'll allow up to four players to use my suit designs instead of making their own if they wish.
Accepted Characters/Suits (Players)
Abel Rainer / Edelwiess (Rellik)
Holland Jacklyn / Specter (Hoef)
Suit: (The name of the suit model your character will use later on in the rp)
There is only one of every power suit made in this roleplay, everyone's suits are different. Every original concept suit will have the Power Beam and Super Missile, but not any of the other beams Samus used during the Metroid Prime games, or their missile adaptations, you will instead get to invent up to 3 original concept beams and missile adaptations for your suit, as well as a "special ability/attack" for your suit, physical equipment, and extra features. All suits are compatible with the Gravity Suit modification, that "double jump" thing, the Combat, Scan, X-Ray and Infrared visors, and the morph-ball, including boost ball and spider ball variants. Phazon or Metroid based technology or powers will not be accepted in your suit.
Model: (The name of the suit)
Operator: (The character who will wear this suit later on in the rp)
Summary: (A brief description of the overall theme of the suit.)
Beam 1: (Name the beam, and give a description of how it works, including the charge shot and missile adaptation Also describe the disadvantages of the beam. List your custom beams in the order you wish to obtain them.)
Equipment: (Physical equipment designed to compliment the performance of your suit, not the primary method of combat for your suit.)
Features: (List other features your suit boasts uniquely.)
Power Trigger: (Name your special ability/attack, describe its function. All Triggers have a large cooldown to balance out their power.)
Example Power Suit Models:
Use these four custom Power Suits as a guideline of how you should design your own, or ask to reserve the use of one if it is available.
Model: Varia Mark II
Reserved by: Open to reservation.
Summary: A remodeling of Samus Aran's Varia Suit from MP1. It features well-balanced performance in all areas, while keeping the best of what the Varia I had to offer.
Appearance: Ascetically near-identical to the Varia I, but the red accents are darker and the visor and accent lights are now blue instead of green.
Beam 1: Wave Beam+
- Fires electrical pulses of energy that can disrupt electromagnetic fields. Exceptionally effective against shielding.
- Charge shot fires a more powerful pulse.
- EMP missile adaptation fires an electromagnetically charged explosive, capable of shutting down certain electrical equipment via electromagnetic pulse.
- Relatively ineffective against non-electrical operating enemies.
Beam 2: Ice Beam+
- Fires hypothermic energy capable of freezing enemies in their tracks. Effective against slow moving targets and targets vulnerable to low temperatures.
- Charge shot can spread ice onto surfaces and freeze multiple targets at once.
- Ice Storm missile adaptation generates a hyper-cooled area of space before the user, rapidly sapping heat from any near-by targets, potentially snap-freezing them.
- Slow projectile speeds reduce effectiveness against fast or far-away targets.
Beam 3: Plasma Beam+
- Fires hyperthermic energy beams that will burn through most materials. Effective against organic targets and targets vulnerable to high temperatures or fire.
- Charge shot fires a super-heated burst of energy, excellent for close quarters combat.
- Flamethrower missile adaptation consumes missiles rapidly to maintain a constant flame ejecting from the barrel of the arm-cannon, terrorizing any enemy caught in the attack.
- High energy signatures from this beam can cause arm-cannon to overheat if abused.
Equipment: Grapple Beam+
- Magnecoil gapple tether allows the user to latch onto targets such as enemies and environmental protrusions to drag enemies in or traverse tricky terrain. Has a longer reach and greater stability than the Grapple Beam of the Varia I or other power suits.
Features: The Varia Mark II focuses on balance, allowing it to perform well in any situation without sacrificing performance in other areas. It has improved offensive, defensive and mobility capabilities compared to the Varia I, while retaining the Varia I's adaptability and immunity to extreme temperatures. Also redesigned to not shut-down after use of Zero-Energy technology.
Power Trigger: Zero Laser
- Extremely high-powered beam energy decimates most anything in its way. Has massive charge time, recoil and a long cooldown. User cannot move or adjust aim during use.
Reserved by: MercuryHg34
Summary: The Titan boasts exceptional offensive abilities. It's beams and features are designed to hit hard and loud, crushing anything in its way.
Appearance: Primarily red with warm color accents. The visor has a rigid shape and an emerald color. It has aesthetic features similar to large muscles.
Beam 1: Concussion Beam
- Fires short-ranged but high-powered bursts of compact energy. Shots burst upon contact with solid matter.
- Charged shot has exceedingly high stopping power, able to push stable targets and halt the advancement of high-inertia objects.
- Rail Gun missile adaptation fires a slug charged with magnecoil pulses. Fast travelling and can punch through most defenses.
- Slow fire rate and large recoil make careful aiming a necessity.
Beam 2: Gatling Beam
- Automatic fire beam with high fire-rate. Good for pinning and suppressing targets.
- Does not have a charge shot. But the beam will become stronger and deviation bloom will increase as the arm-cannon continues to fire.
- Deployable Turret missile adaptation converts missiles into a remote turret equipped with Gatling Beam technology. Deploys the turret before the user, which then can be directed to fire upon any target in sight.
- Accuracy over distance drops significantly after medium range, and after firing for long periods of time.
Beam 3: Scatter Beam
- Highly reflective light energy beam that easily ricochets off most surfaces and can refract through glass-like materials. Great for fighting in areas with obscured sight lines and corridors.
- Charge shot fires several Scatter Beams forward in a formation similar to a shotgun. Shots can still reflect and refract.
- Shatter Missile missile adaptation fires a primed missile that fires off Scatter Beam energy in all directions when it explodes.
- Photon-based beam technology makes the Scatter Beam less effective in dark environments.
Equipment: Titan's Blade
- Chozo alloy retractable blade that can form into the shape of a medieval bastard sword. It's edges are enforced with beam energy, allowing it to slice through tough materials such as armor with ease.
- It's heavy even for the Titan suit, producing slow and powerful swings.
Features: The Titan's focus on high-offense cannot be complete without energy cell reserves that allow the user to exert inhuman amounts of physical strength. The Titan can lift, push and punch with forces up to 10 times greater than a physically fit human. The Titan also carries extra reserves for ammo capacity such as missiles. However, the Titan's maximum shield capacity is less than other suits, as energy devout to shielding has been rerouted to augment damage output.
Power Trigger: Over-Charge
- All energy reserves are redirected to the arm-cannon, allowing all beams fired to be either fully charged, or in the Gatling Beam's case, full power with no deviation.
- All missiles fired are missile adaptations of the most recently fired beam.
- All damage output is greatly increased.
- Over-Charge lasts for about one minute before deactivating, but can be deactivated at any time.
- Energy shielding on the Titan are reduced to 10% of the maximum upon activation, and Over-Charge cannot be used if current shield levels are less than 10% maximum.
Reserved by: Open to reservation.
Summary: Appropriately named, the Bastion is a defensive focused suit with ally-aiding abilities. The Bastion excels at being the focus of enemy attention, and supporting friendlies in a pinch.
Appearance: This power suit is reinforced with an extra layer of armor. Large silver plating across vital areas are accented with green details. The visor is blue.
Beam 1: Hard-Light Beam
- Fires super-compressed light that acts as solid matter. Average statistics all round.
- Charge shot fires a more powerful shot.
- Hard-Light Wall missile adaptation creates a wall of hard light before the user, acting as cover during a fight or a platform to stand on.
- Photon-based beam technology makes the Hard-Light Beam less effective in dark environments.
Beam 2: Polarizer Beam
- Electromagnetic beam energy effective at taking down energy shielding.
- Charge shot fires an opposite polarity beam, actually restoring energy shields. Excellent for "healing" an ally's shields.
- Restoration Pod missile adaptation deploys a pod onto the ground that emits polarizing energy that constantly restores the shields of allies.
- Extremely weak against anything other than energy shielding.
Beam 3: Sniper Beam
- Fires hyper-compressed energy over long distances with extremely high accuracy. Great for covering allies from a distance.
- Does not have a normal shot, the Sniper Beam must be charged in order to fire at all.
- Longbow Missile missile adaptation launches a missile that collapses in on itself to travel as a hyper-dense projectile at blinding speeds. Can follow targets up to several kilometers before erupting within vicinity of the target. To the untrained eye, it looks like the missile "teleports" to the target and then explodes.
- The need to charge the shot, combined with a low overall fire rate and high recoil make the Sniper Beam near-useless in close range combat.
Equipment: Bastion's Greatshield
- Large 1.5m tall Chozo alloy shield that rests on the Bastion's back can be removed and wielded to deflect enemy fire.
- Retractable braces on the shield's underside allow it to be stood up on its own to be used as stationary cover for allies.
Features: The Bastion's ability to tank foes comes from the extra shield capacity it comes equipped with, clocking in at roughly ten times the maximum capacity of the Varia I. Extra armor plating has also been implemented in case the Bastion crosses an enemy strong enough to take its shields down, along with a faster recharge rate of shielding. Unfortunately it aids the user in physical strength no more than the Varia I, and therefore the heavy plating can make for falling behind in the mobility department, reducing run speed and jump height, though the "double jump" feature of all Power Suit models still works.
Power Trigger: Fortress
- The Bastion taps into reserve energy to emit a burst of bright light, allowing it to form a powerful layer of semi-hard-light around itself, creating a coating of impenetrable armor while allowing for some movement.
- Also turns the Bastion into a walking Restoration Pod, any allied Power Suit models nearby restore energy shielding at a high rate.
- Semi-hard-light coating prevents the Bastion from moving faster than a slow walk, but aiming and firing is still possible.
- Fortress lasts for roughly 1 minute before deactivating, but can be deactivated at any time.
In use by: Hoef
Summary: The Specter is a unorthodox Power Suit designed for stealth. It also features advanced mobility, and has beams designed to control the field of battle.
Appearance: The Specter is slim, the large shoulder armor of most suits is gone, and replaced with slender thin ones. Its blood-red visor contradicts its dark blue clad armor.
Beam 1: Echo Beam
- Fires compressed sound waves to push small obstacles and targets, and disorient the audio sensors of targets both organic and inorganic. Excellent for deafening enemies or changing the layout of the battlefield.
- Charge shot fires a more powerful shot capable of shattering eardrums, and crushing targets with high air-pressure.
- Sonar Pod missile adaptation allows the user to deploy a pod that will detect motion via sound waves and relay information to allies.
- Completely useless in areas without a fluid for sound to travel through such as but not limited to air or water.
Beam 2: Static Beam
- Fires a ball of energy that homes in on the closest enemy. Can have up to three Static spheres primed at any time. Spheres that contact enemies have a high chance of paralyzing them temporarily.
- Charge shot fires off up to three spheres at once.
- Dynamo missile adaptation deploys a pod that generates an electrical current that can paralyze nearby enemies.
- Slow moving and will not work if three spheres are in existence in the vicinity.
Beam 3: Gravity Beam
- Fires a small and fast travelling ball of energy that is compressed to the point where it partially becomes matter and gains weight. Enemies and objects nearby the projectile will be pulled to it by its gravity.
- Charge shot fires a more massive and slow moving shot that has a stronger gravitational field.
- BHB missile adaptation fires a missile that will implode on itself, causing a miniature black hole for a few moments.
- Very low fire rate.
Equipment: Inter-Dimensional Visor (IDV)
- Extra visor capability allows for a visor that can detect the presence of entities on other planes of existence.
- The user cannot directly interact with other dimensions without the Phantom Power Trigger.
Features: The Vector's focus on stealth is made by it's slender and dark armor, allowing it to blend in with the environment easily. It also features silenced movement, and allows the user to not only jump higher than other suits, but actually adds another boost to the "double jump," allowing for a "triple jump." With mostly movement related augmentations and indirect beams, the Vector's damage output is notably less than other suits, but not non-existent.
Power Trigger: Phantom
- The Specter generates a rift in space-time, allowing it to temporarily "cease to exist" in our dimension and enter a "pocket dimension."
- User is unable to interact with their original dimension while Phantom is active, but the IDV equipment will allow them to see into their original dimension.
- User is undetectable by entities in the original dimension, but can be detected by and interact with entities in the new dimension.
- The rift created by the trigger is derived from Gravity Beam energy, and continuously drains the suit's beam energy reserves while active, restricting the user's ability to fight with beams while the trigger is active.
- Phantom lasts for roughly 1 minute before deactivating, but can be deactivated at any time.