In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes. It may seem like a utopian paradise, but you're not even allowed to paint your kitchen without the government's approval. Once, this city used to pulse with energy; dirty and dangerous, but alive and wonderful. The changes came slowly at first. The authorities said the constant monitoring was for the greater good.
But good isn't the same as right.
Officially, Runners don't exist. And that's all right. It makes it easier to get their work done. What's their work? Transport. Legal, illegal, they don't discriminate. As long as your money is green, and your rep ain't poison, they'll deliver your goods. From then on, you're their client. Which makes you a criminal.
But eight out of ten things in this city are illegal already. What's one more?
- Don't be a butt (Don't god/power/meta game and be nice)
- You must be a human (No werewolves or vampires please)
- The character possibilities:
- A runner
- A member of the police force/government (against the runners)
- A citizen (this it the "other" category; you could have run a black market, be an old lady struggling to start a sewing business, or a teenager training to join the police force).
Note: You don't have to have played Mirrors' Edge to join, however I would recommend you look up YouTube videos to better understand it.