By some twist of fate, you find yourself in the Town that Takes All: Silent Hill. Where you drawn to the abandoned resort town by some inexplicable calling? Or did you arrive merely by chance, driving down the long highway, and getting into an accident--and waking up in front of this desolate town. Whatever the method, whatever the reason, you are here now. Thick mist clings into the air like smoke in a bar, so thick you are lucky to see 10 feet in front of you. The buildings are run down, abandoned. Some are boarded up, others look like they were the victim of a hurricane, junked to the point of being merely half-standing rubble. Cars are rusted and lying around, some junked like the buildings, others simply not working. There is an eerie silence in the air. Something isn't right, but you don't quite know what it is.
And you aren't the only one. There are others here too--others trying to survive. The question is, have they kept their sanity in this hell? Are they trustworthy? Can they help you to survive? OR will they end up being the death of you? In the end, everyone wants the same thing: to survive Silent Hill. But not everyone will. In fact, it is very possible none of you will. It is *likely* that the town will take it's toll in blood, the way it does with everyone else. Can you pull together with the group to survive? Or will you suffer a horrific fate, at the hands of this desolate town?
This RP is obviously based on Silent Hill. Here is a map to help you for those who are less familiar with the series: http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-...entHillMap.jpg
Now, the way I plan on running this is that it will be a pretty open sandbox type RP where every player contributes to the story in their own way. That said, there is a plot that I will try to steer us towards, but we are in no long rush to get there. I want this to be a long-term RP--which doesn't mean it won't have action, it just means that we'll spend a lot of time doing things that aren't necessary to the plot.
Also, very important to note, is that everyone in Silent Hill will have some sort of side-quest. It goes with the territory of being Silent Hill--nobody ends up in this town for no reason. As such, EVERYONE here, in their own way, is a GM--because you can guide us through your plot-line, just as I guide you through Sarah's. Your plots are your own to carry out, and us to follow along with; we're ALL in Silent Hill after all. So enjoy, really get into your characters and backstory.
NEW CONCEPT!!! STORY ARCH:
Okay, I had an awesome freaking idea that I am implementing (taking a bath often brings out the creativity flow!). Okay, I did have a main plot in mind, and I found a way to implement it in both a very interesting and rather unique way. When I am about to start a story arch for the main plot, I am going to write this in spoiler tags, in the post I make. This will usually involve something hidden in some room in the building we are in (or some building in Silent Hill if we are just wandering the town). I won't say WHAT is hidden, just that "there is something hidden in one of the rooms in this building."
NOW, to find this hidden plot device, you MUST EXPLORE THE ROOM--I will write this down in notepad on my PC. If you guys actually explore that particular room (ie, you enter the room, and poke around), I will make you find something in my post, and it will trigger the arch. This will make something happen, or make that character find a piece of the puzzle to explain the main plot I have in mind, and move us forward.
It IS POSSIBLE TO MISS THE NEXT ARCH NODE. If this occurs, we will *all* be punished in that our characters will be missing out on a very important piece of information. Now, it COULD be just a trivial piece of info, only to move us forward, but often it will reveal where we should go next, or something else important to the plot. If we miss enough of those, I will punish us by making us run into more monsters, plus our characters will not have a clue as to what to do next, other than wander aimlessly. ASIDE FROM THIS, the more nodes we miss, THE MORE OFTEN WE ENTER THE OTHERWORLD!
MY character(s) are EXEMPT FROM FINDING NODES, because, obviously, I know where they are. THAT SAID: I **can** find nodes that are DIRECTLY related to the plot of **my** character; as these will do little to nothing to push the main plot forward, these are useless to us in general.
Hope you enjoy this new plot device--I will post it on the front page. You guys like it?
A very small and simple set of rules for the RP. I know this is just an interest check, but you deserve to know what you are getting into
1. This will be an advanced RP. I won't enforce a paragraph limit perse. Instead, I'll just say absolutely no one liners, whatsoever. If you can type one line, you can type 4 more to make a complete paragraph.
2. I want quality posts over quantity. I'm not looking for two pages of information--I just want people to put some thought into their writing. So, if the quality is there, don't expect to be bawled out for only writing one lonely paragraph. Likewise, don't overdo the "advanced" idea, and submit 2 pages worth of text in one post, unless all of that info really does add something to the RP.
3. This is a mature RP. It deals with mature and psychological themes. THere will be blood. There will be gore and strong language. For any sex scenes, we will fade to black (I'm not anticipating this sort of thing going on, but one never knows).
4. This will be straight up RP--no dice or anything like that. As such, I expect players to follow standard RP etiquette: ie, no godmodding, controlling other peoples characters, etc. etc.
5. That's it. I'll post a character sheet skeleton in the ooc if there's enough interest.
And now here is the big guy, the Character Sheet. A few notes when filling it out:
1. Be reasonable about equipment. Take only what someone might ACTUALLY have with them. A pistol is okay, as lots of people carry handguns for protection or whatever.
2. If you are familiar with Silent Hill, you know characters in the series always have some sort of darkness in their hearts or tragedy in their past. Include this.
3. Nightmares is in reference to the monsters you see. Each character can have an individual monster that they will run into in the Otherworld. PLEASE make these unique, don't just copy someone elses. I have in mind that our "nightmares" will bleed over to other people as we get together in a group. Eventually.
4. Be detailed, this is advanced for a reason. I want a good character sheets here, that provide really good information.
5. Make as many characters as you like, just remember not to make more than you can keep up with.
physical description (no picture required--if you do use one, I still want a text description please):
THIS COLOR IS A MISSED CLOSED NODE
THIS COLOR IS A CURRENT OPEN NODE
NODE 1: The Man and the Nurse (Alchemilla Hospital, somewhere on floor 2|open|): Somewhere on the second floor of Alchemilla hospital is the very first clue as to why we are all here in Silent Hill. Can we find it?
(This contains the names and information of all characters/monsters we meet that are important to the **MAIN** plot Arch. This will also contain important items we have discovered, and whether or not we took them with us).