GM: The Xtreme One
Co- GM: DizzyIsabella
The OOC: http://roleplayerguild.com/showthrea...-(Invite-Only)
The IC: http://roleplayerguild.com/showthrea...Blood-(The-IC)
CS Depository: http://roleplayerguild.com/showthrea...75#post9775275
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TXXkQHCMYo
The Plot and Setting
A sandbox style crime drama centred around the Hutchinson family of London’s east end. There isn’t really an overarching plot other than survival. The main reason of the roleplay is to examine the damaged relationships of the family as they strive to survive in a world of crime, betrayal, adultery and lies. As stated earlier, most of the rp will be played in modern day London however there will be chances to venture out of the city to…well anywhere you want as in this world, crime pays.
The Story So Far...
Syd Hutchinson was a man to be feared but he wasn’t always that way. He was born a meek and quiet boy in London’s east end. However, young Sydney had it rough. He never met his birth father and was never claimed by any man as his own. His mother was a hard girl “prostitute” and brought a different man home every night. Occasionally the patrons would beat on her and try as he might when he would step in, Syd could do nothing about it. When Sydney entered his teenage years, WW2 broke out. Seeing a chance to escape he enlisted and never returned home to London until the war was over. When he returned, he found his mother had died several months earlier after picking up a particularly vicious punter. However, meek little Syd was gone; the war had changed him.
Unable to find steady work, Syd took to theft and then eventually he made a friendship with another young war vet, Jerry Docherty. If Syd was the brains, then Jerry was most certainly the brawn. The Hutchinson/Docherty partnership was a fruitful one and over the course of several decades, the two began to build their own criminal empire. Syd also met and fell in love with Jerry’s sister Molly. Syd had big plans for their growing family and decided to cut Jerry out of the picture, killing him in cold blood whilst he was at a barbers shop. This little event is often mythicized in London’s underworld and it gave Syd a new nickname “The Barber”.
Molly and Syd went on to have a large family late on in their lives. They had twelve children, all of whom would eventually wind up somehow involved in the family business. Syd’s operation was mostly conducted out of his favourite bar “The Stag and Crown” where he spent the latter part of his life. Over the course of his long life, Syd had become a proper east end villain. His legend was ended surprisingly by the hand of his own son. After a particularly heated argument with his eldest daughter, Syd attempted to push the girl. However Paddy, his oldest son, was having none of it and punched his father in the head. Syd fled to the Stag and Crown but collapsed outside the door, suffering a brain haemorrhage from the punch.
After serving a short prison sentence for manslaughter over the death of his father, Paddy would take Syd’s place as head of the family and ever since then; the Hutchinson’s have risen to new and frightening heights in the criminal underworld. Operating out of the newly completed and extremely lavish “Hotel Britannia” the Hutchinson family rule the streets of London with an iron fist but their power is not without great personal cost…
What We're Looking For
Of course it goes without saying but we're looking for dedicated roleplayers who will stick with us in the long all. So please, if you feel like you won't be able to commit to the roleplay then don't bother applying with a CS.
Character-wise, we're currently looking to fill out the family. As you will have read above, the Hutchinson's are a family of 12 adult children (five of which are currently being used) so ideally we are looking for players for the other seven but we also accept husbands, wives and associates as well so don't feel pressured into making one of the siblings. We're not looking for enemies at the moment, so don't apply if you're looking to play the opposition. That being said, please read the other CS that already exist so as to avoid any sort of mix ups with ages, other storylines and the like. All applications must be sent to either myself or DizzyIsabella my Co-GM via a PM.
- 1923 - Heavily pregnant Siobhan Hutchinson moves from Ireland to London and gives birth to baby Syd.
- 1924 - The Docherty family arrive in London with baby Jerry, also from Ireland
- 1936 - Molly Docherty is born
- 1939 - Syd (16) lies about his age and joins the army at the start of WW2
- 1944 - Siobhan Hutchinson is beaten to death by a punter
- 1945 - Syd (22) returns from the war
- 1946 - Syd and Jerry meet and begin their partnership
- 1947/1975 - The Hutchinson and Docherty partnership is fruitful and the two begin to build a strong criminal empire. Syd marries Molly.
- 1975 - Syd kills Jerry over conflicting visions
- 1979 - Syd and Molly welcome their twins, Patrick and Alannah
- 1979/1997 - Syd and Molly have ten more children
- 1997 - Alannah and Syd end up in a hated argument which results in Paddy punching his father in the head and causing his death. Paddy is sentenced to three years in prison for manslaughter.
- 1999 - Paddy is released and takes over the family with guidance from his mother
- 2000/2013 - The Hutchinsons power grows exponentially and they become the strongest crime family in London. Construction on Paddys masterpiece "The Hotel Britannia" is completed
- Follow the board rules (that’s a given)
- Any disagreements are taken to PM
- This is a mature rp; there will be blood, guts, gore and drug use. Any sexual situations must be done tastefully with fade to blacks or if you insist, then do it PM
- You must be a literate roleplayer to join this
- If you are absent for five days without proper notification, then you veto the rights of your character until your return. I will take your character from play and give you a further week to get in contact, if you do not then your character will be removed from the game completely. If I am given reason for your absence then that’s great and we can work around your character until your return.
- Avoid selfishness, if your character isn’t doing anything then by all means ask and someone will throw them a storyline. Do not under any circumstances simply make the character for the sake of rping a storyline for yourself. This is a team effort and I don’t take kindly to people who just want to play the badass
- I work a cast system. So you’re allowed two main characters and one recurring, if your recurring is going to appear often I would like a CS but doesn’t have to be as detailed as your main.
- Place the phrase "family above all" in your CS to confirm you've read the rules
- Have fun!
(Please send all CS' to either myself or Izzy for approval)
Appearance: Picture. No Anime/Manga etc.
Quote: Something said by your character or a descriptive phrase
Nickname: If Applicable
Occupation: Both legitimate and illegitimate if that’s applicable
Relationship Status: Single/Married/Divorced/Widowed
Family: As the Hutchinson’s are a large family, just immediate family is needed so parents/spouse/children
Personality: Two paragraphs at the least
Biography: Three paragraphs at the least
Cast Status: Main/Recurring
Extra: Anything extra