A few centuries have passed since the death of the greatest icon in the known universe. Commander Shepard gave her life to destroy the biggest threat that any species in their known universe had ever come in contact with, The Reapers. Great sentient machines that were bent on eliminating all known life. With them gone, and the various species suffering tremendous losses, the galaxy has created alliances with each other and began to reconstruct everything that they had lost. The great war machines of Humanity, Turian, Salarian, Asari, Quarian, and even the Geth began to raise up while new glorious cities were erected in their respective boundaries. The Citadel has been rebuilt and life as it was before had finally began to return to the still recovering races.
When all had regrown accustomed to this time of peace, an anomaly began to appear. The signal came from the long since abandoned colony of Eden Prime. The Alliance sent out a Marine detachment to check out the source of the signal. As the mission progressed and everything seemed routine, Alliance Command lost contact with the scout party and sent another. They were lost to it as well.
As time passed, the Council, now consisting of the races that participated in the great war, Human, Asari, Turian, Salarian, Geth, Drell, Krogan, and even the Quarians, met as they discussed that their people were experiencing similar problems. Needless to say, the war scarred races once again prepared for another conflict. Initially they assumed that these anomalies were nothing more than just common pirates, but once military bases became under siege, they finally understood their new enemy.
The new hostiles were never before seen by the sentient races. They turned to the Geth, but their Council representative knew nothing about these beings. Instead, their answer came with a galaxy wide broadcast. Before every screen came the following message from these unknown beings:
From Dark Space we rise. We know your fear; we know your anger; we are you deepest despair. Our existence predates the rudimentary beings you call Protheans. The Reapers have fell before us; they have hidden from us. A curtain falls for them while a new terror arrives. In the coming days, you will know such terrible vengeance that has yet to be seen. We are Legion. We are many. We are all. We are limitless.
After the feed broke, a new panic coursed through the sentient races. Having just recovered, their forces were once again locked into a conflict that had yet to begun. The Council could not dispute the validity of this foe as they did to Shepard when she told them of the Reapers.
In retaliation towards the new threat, the Alliance, along with volunteers from other Council Species, created an elite team to find the threat and neutralize it before it could happen. The name given to this group was The Reavers. Their only mission was to hinder the Legion and prevent their coming if possible. There are given unlimited resources from the many Species and provided with the best equipment that could be fashioned.
The true test of the Species unification has arrived. Can they root out the spies and sympathizers and track the Legion towards their insertion points? Or will they once again become locked within a war that will bring the galaxy on the verge of destruction?
Alright, here are the rules that everyone should read and abide by:
1. I, the GM, will direct this plot. However, please do not misunderstand this for no contribution. I value folks throwing in an unknown where others - and myself - have to respond to. In short, if you want to do something, do it. If questions about something arises, I'm more than happy to discuss/answer them with you.
2. I have no problem with people posting multiple times before I do. For example, if one of your characters are conversing with another, you’re free to continue the conversation. However, I do ask that said individuals do not post more than three consecutive posts, so others can jump in. Hopefully this will be a good compromise between RPs character interaction while keeping it somewhat easy to follow the overall plot.
3. Do not God-Mod your character. Seeing as we’re not all Commander Shepards, I expect to see characters being wounded. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saving a downed comrade, right? Of course, this is up to you, but I’d rather not see one individual take down twenty bad guys by himself. In short, realism
4. Copy the following into the ‘Creed’ section: Silently in; Victorious out.
5. If an Operative is seen more than a week inactive without proper clearance for absence, they will be discharged and sent to an undisclosed location. Basically, if you’re going to be gone, give us a heads up. After a weeks time, I will have the right to either auto or kill off your character.
6. All RPers have the right to interact with NPCs. They are not reserved for me alone, so ... use them!
7. If you made it down here, congrats. The last thing I want to add is have fun. That’s why we role play. If I came off as strict from above, that’s not my intention. They only serve as a fail safe to keep the role play enjoyable for all.
Greetings Operator. I’m Sira, the on-board AI of this vessel. As stated from my list of directives, I’m to assist the members of the Reavers to the extent of my capacity. Before we proceed, the Council has asked for a submitted current dossier of all new operatives. Seeing as this is a shadow group, your records were never given until this point. Please. Insert your dossiers here. It should include:
Authorized Official Physical Description:
Armor and Weapons:
Any other notables:
Upon completion, please submit your file here while it’s authorized. A warning. Any uncleared individual will be shot and removed without official declaration.
Hey everyone. If you've made it here, great, welcome to the rp. A little bit of info before getting started on the stuff below. I will be accepting up to a total of six characters.
If there happens to be more interest, I'll ask for writing samples, which will help decide the accepted.
This also happens to be a reboot of one of my older roleplays, which I didn't have time to GM at the time. However, I've recently gained some free time, and I'm finding myself wanting to resume this. Anyways, if there are any interest or questions, just post them here. If enough interest is gained, I'll go ahead and post an OOC and such.