Before proceeding, if you have not expressed interest, but want to do so, please visit the Interest Check located here.
Alright, maggots. Listen and listen well, because I will not repeat myself. You are among two thousand of your fellow men, all of which have applied for the same job as you; all of which are risking their lives to protect a humanity that doesn't know we exist from the things that can go bump in the night. All of you are applying for a job that doesn't guarantee safety or survival, but you knew this coming into the application process. I don't know whether that makes you scared or stupid, but what I do know is that you have no idea what you're getting into.
You will be applying to join the ranks of Mobile Task Force O-23. This group is a no-nonsense unit, and it is tasked with the location, retrieval and transport of various supernatural phenomena from around the world. These entities are likely to pose a threat to you, to your teammates - even to your loved ones, if the utmost care is not taken. We have come across entities that pose little to no threat before, but the chances of encountering these are not common. That is why this unit is ever-ready for whatever that may come.
Sitting on your desks is an application form. You will fill this out to the best of your abilities, after which you will submit it to [REDACTED] for review and possible approval. Those of you that are not approved to join MTF O-23 will be [DATA EXPUNGED], so if you don't want that, you better hope you pass.
If you are, by a snowball's chance in hell, chosen to join our unit, expect your training to be intense and unforgiving. Those of you thinking that you're hot shit will be set right through any means necessary. You are not "all that." You are not some kick-ass, wanna-be Arnold Schwarzenegger. You, with your one-track minds and contemptible attitudes, are human. You are mortal, and the things you will encounter during your time served with us will make you swear that this is hell on earth. You are likely to become insane, here. You are likely to die, here. The sooner you get that through those thick-assed bricks you call brains, the more likely you are to survive. However, be aware that no amount of training is going to prepare you for what you will face out in the field - it'll only help you survive on this world just a little bit longer.
That is all, for now. The rest lies with you. Remember what you are applying for - you are taking this job to protect the human race. And above all, remember the motto.
Secure. Contain. Protect.
Application Form for Mobile Task Force O-23
Please fill out the application form, as listed below, to the best of your knowledge. The information you provide will be processed and cross-checked with available resources in the Foundation's database. Once verified, you will be notified within one (1) to three (3) days of verification by [REDACTED] with your application's status. If approved, you will receive a copy of this application to file away until further usage is required. If you have been rejected, [DATA EXPUNGED].
(Note: This is your character sheet. If, at all possible, after filling out your character sheet, send it to me, personally. This maintains anonymity between all people involved in this until the start of the RP. Plus, I think it'd be cooler that way, you know? No one knowing who you are until the RP is actually set in motion? Yeah, that'd be sweet. Also, you will fill out the entire sheet, including the AUTHORIZED USE ONLY section.)
- Keep grammar acceptable. Moderate use of punctuation and spelling required; enough to be able to read and comprehend posts.
- A minimum of two paragraphs would be welcome. You guys are brilliant writers; I know you can do this. There is no maximum limit; just don't TL;DR.
- Address me if you have questions concerning the RP. I will answer them to the best of my ability.
- If you are experiencing conflicts with a participant outside of the RP, bring your concerns to me. We will resolve them.
- If said conflicts can't be resolved, there will be a warning. After that, immediate termination from the RP. I do not have tolerance for childish things.
- There are no Mary Sues or Gary Sues. However, because the character sheet is the way it is, you will be developing your character's personality inside the actual RP. That allows others to get to know you during, and not before.
- Metagaming/Godmodding is unacceptable. First time merits a warning. After that, immediate termination.
- Don't overpower your characters. First and only time merits a trip into SCP-087 with the door locked and bolted behind you.
- Beyond this list of rules, try to have fun and make the story engaging for the rest of us.