Both Feet in the Grave
[HiCas-Adv] Looking for something to chew on
Was a past member, but after being away so long, I didn't really want to revive my old account. I didn't see a rule about making a new account, so I hope there wasn't one that I just didn't see.
Point being, yeah this account is new, so there's no history to look back at, but you'll have to take me at my word that I can fulfill whatever expectations you might have. I'll try to keep it as short as I can.
Bullet points are easy to read!
- Because of work, it's possible that I may only be able to post on weekends. Whenever I get free time I'll usually be on here or writing posts in notepad for later, but please bear with me. Ideally I can and will post twice a day or so, but if I'm working (I'll always tell you if I am) that slims down to about once a day, or even just a few times a week.
- I prefer advanced RP (4+ paragraphs, good writing, etc etc) but due to my own time constraints, I wouldn't mind experimenting with shorter, looser posts.
- I like romance in an RP, but I'm not looking for anything graphic. Emotional connection yes, physical connection, rather not. (Just to be on paper as saying so, I'll do any sort of romance except MxM. Nothing against gay guys or anything, it's just not something I personally can RP. I'll play a girl if it comes to that. And again, not looking to for 'situations.' Sorry to disappoint.)
- I don't mind playing boys or girls, and I'm willing to pour myself into whatever beaker needs filling at the time. My preference leans towards tomboys though because tomboys are cool.
- I don't really care what age, gender, etc you are, but I am an adult, so that's how I talk. I'm no salty sailor, but life is more interesting with curse words, isn't it?
- I like anime. I don't much like real people. This is true in real life and on the internet. I don't have a database of models and stock photos to dig into for my characters. What I do have is a huge database of anime pictures, and my own vocabulary. You can do what you like, but those are the resources I'll be using for descriptions.
- It's easiest for me to keep my RPs on the site (in a thread or through PM) but if I have to, I guess I don't mind going through skype or email something. For reasons of 'I am an incurable introvert' though, I'd like to settle on a concept on the site before giving out my info.
Now onto what floats my boat:
- Anime stuff. The list is too long, so you can pretty much just ask me and I'll tell you if I wanna do something in a certain universe. (Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't seen any of the 'Big Three,' except a bit of a working knowledge of Bleach.)
- Fantasy stuff. High or low, original or canon, doesn't matter as long as it's a world I can sink my teeth into.
- Any sort of original concept you want to try out. If you put time into making it, I'm at least passing interested in it. I like to see people's creative visions bear fruit.
- Slice of Life stuff. Interpersonal drama. Adult conflicts. I'll do high school stuff, and in a deep part of me, I really like it, but it kinda depresses me. I work better in situations where the characters have to go to work, or drift apart because of real life situations. High school is convenient, but who really likes convenience these days anyway?
- Tragedies. This is the weirdest one to try and explain, but... something I'd really like to do is build up a great relationship between characters and then destroy everything we worked to build up. I wanna shed tears. I wanna end the day feeling like I lost something important. I want to destroy something beautiful, and I want it to be mine. Think of something like Game of Thrones.
What I DON'T like:
- Zombie apocalypse. It's been done to death (ha) on here and elsewhere. The setting is boring and despite what the Walking Dead might want you to believe, zombies are NOT a good catalyst for character development and interaction.
- Science Fiction. I'm willing to bend a little on this one, but I've just never really been into it.
- Anything that reeks a little too strongly of real life. I know I said I like slice of life stuff up top, but RPing is an escape for me. To sound like basement scum for a minute, it lets me exist in an anime world, or a fantasy world, rather than my own boring day-to-day. Propose what you want, but if you want me to play a character that works a job that they hate every day, lives in a crappy apartment, has trouble sleeping, and is totally crippled socially, I'm gonna turn you down.
Anyway, this has gone on for too long. I hate writing these because it feels like a dating site profile or something, but if for some reason you're interested, PM me or respond in the thread.
And if you take only one thing away from this thread, let it be this: Ask me anything! I'd really like to start RPing soon after being away for so long, so I'm not really likely to turn you down unless the concept is totally foreign to me. I can even make something if you just have a genre you want to play. I'd rather not have to make something up though, if only because I'm really indecisive.
- - - Updated - - -
Also, if anyone would prefer a list of some specific things I'd like to do, rather than the generalizations above, ask me. As a warning, they're all anime related though (for better or worse)